PDA

View Full Version : Britain doesn't have a gun "culture"?

Gutshot John
03-11-09, 23:05
Unless you're a criminal... I have several British friends who have remarked on the pervasiveness of violent crime since the gun ban was implemented 10 years ago.

This is freaking hilarious...talk about someone who is clueless about what's going on in his country.

http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-228002

The claim that criminals in Britain know that guns are "not the way things are done" in the UK is laughable....his proof? That UK border guards don't carry them.

****tard.

ToeCutter
03-11-09, 23:56
The powers that be have had that man "bent over and biting a pillow" for so long that a jury would most likely conclude that he likes it.

parishioner
03-12-09, 00:00
Of course, they put this idiot on CNN.

Danny Boy
03-12-09, 00:17
*Holds head in hands in embarrassment of being British*

What a wanker.

pbr streetgang
03-12-09, 02:00
ill tell what this guy doesnt have... toothbrush and suntan culture!!!
i just purchased 2 m4 carbines this week, and here's the kicker....i got em from the U.K. !!!!! thats right baby!!!!! nice weapons too!!! as much as i like making brit jokes, those fella's have some of the best machinist, tool and die makers, and C&C equipment in the world...
heres the company link i purchased them from

http://www.imperialdefence.co.uk/m4_carbine.php

needless to say, there is a gun culture in the U.K.... just ask anyone from Northern Ireland about brits and thier guns.....

ICANHITHIMMAN
03-12-09, 10:47
It is going the same way in Australa as I here it. I served with some Ausie Commandos in Iraq and they said sence there ban was inacted crime has gone through the roof.

steel4u
03-12-09, 14:42
Here is a UK article that is actually grounded in reality:

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/gerald_..._control_lobby

Barack Obama will face huge opposition if he yields to gun control lobby
Posted By: Gerald Warner at Mar 11, 2009 at 20:38:05 [General]
Posted in: Politics , Eagle Eye
Tags:
Barack Obama, firearms crime, gun control

The deranged shooting dead of 10 people in Alabama, followed closely by a further 16 murders in Germany, will almost certainly be seized upon by gun control campaigners in the United States to further their agenda. In this they will find a willing ally in Barack Obama who, despite his weasel words after the Supreme Court outlawed the handgun ban in Washington DC (which he previously supported), has a record as a board member, for eight years, of the Joyce Foundation, which funds gun control groups, and as a long-time supporter of anti-firearms legislation.

While cool logic suggests that a gun is only as good or bad as the character and purpose of its owner, the anti-firearms fanatics opportunistically seize upon public revulsion after serious gun crimes to press for blanket bans, without pausing to consider that, if a victim has his skull crushed with a golf club, we do not call for the outlawing of golf.

Any American citizens who are tempted to go down the road of prohibition might be advised to consider the experience of Britain. Our handgun ban in 1997 was enacted with a fervency that went beyond rationality: not only were our Olympic competitors in pistol shooting hopelessly disadvantaged, but the sport was banned even for paraplegics, depriving some of them of their sole recreational interest. Presumably the calculation was that the next likely massacre would be perpetrated by someone in a wheelchair armed with a weak calibre pistol the ammunition for which was stored under lock and key five miles away.

The success of this politically correct initiative can easily be measured. In 1997, the year of the ban, there were 2,636 handgun offences; in 2007 there were 4,175. In England and Wales there are now 28 firearms offences committed every day. Gun crime is now one of the most formidable challenges to law and order.

Or Americans might look at Australia where, a year ago, a Draconian ban enforced the destruction of 640,381 personal firearms, at a cost of more than $500 million. The results? After 25 years of steady decrease in robberies with firearms, this offence increased by 44 per cent in one year. Homicides with guns increased by 3.2 per cent, assaults by 8.6 per cent. In the state of Victoria homicides with firearms rose 300 per cent. Break-ins and assaults on the elderly hugely increased.

Criminals and lunatics will always find access to guns; but they will be less willing to use them if their victims are armed too. What doctrinaire liberal governments have done is make a Western movie in which the guys in the black hats all have guns, the guys in white hats do not. The Second Amendment to the American constitution and public opinion recognise that only a totalitarian government disarms its citizens. If Barack Obama tries to legislate on behalf of his supporters in the gun control lobby, he will have the mother of all fights on his hands.