PDA

View Full Version : Chagne for Veterans? Yes We can. Not much hope though.

HES
03-12-09, 13:56
Veterans Affairs Secretary Eric Shinseki confirmed Tuesday that the Obama administration is considering a controversial plan to make veterans pay for treatment of service-related injuries with private insurance.
No official proposal to create such a program has been announced publicly, but veterans groups wrote a pre-emptive letter last week to President Obama voicing their opposition to the idea after hearing the plan was under consideration.

The groups also cited an increase in "third-party collections" estimated in the 2010 budget proposal -- something they said could be achieved only if the Veterans Administration started billing for service-related injuries.

Asked about the proposal, Shinseki said it was under "consideration."

"A final decision hasn't been made yet," he said.
LINK (http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/03/10/veterans.health.insurance/index.html)

Ok so what happened to all the "I am the one that truly cares for the troops" rattletrap taht was being bandied about. This is a despicable idea in and of its self as are those that are even discussing it.

Kimbo
03-12-09, 15:20
Veterans who get injured in the line of duty shouldn't have to pay anything out of their pocket. The thought of this being discussed is ridiculous.

CarlosDJackal
03-12-09, 16:08
I am still stunned that this was being considered two days after I first read about it in another forum. :eek:

It's okay to provide free health care for illegal aliens, convicted criminals and those on welfare but not for Veterans. You can really see where this administration places its priorities!! :mad:

ncfishman
03-12-09, 16:27
A service member injured in the line of duty should not have to pay for there treatment, that is part of the public's responsiblity. If this is true, its just one more lie.

Gutshot John
03-12-09, 16:27
Remember when someone called Sarah Palin pretending to be French President Sarkozy...

I wonder what would happen if some wise-ass called the WH and asked if the Prez would be willing to be "inducted" into the Noble Order of the Blue Falcon while he was visiting?

Do you think anyone in the WH would get wise?

Kimbo
03-12-09, 16:58
If President Obama allowed this to happen I don't think any service member would call him their "Commander in Chief"

geminidglocker
03-12-09, 17:25
If that becomes the case than I guess I can just say Bye-bye to healthcare entirely, as my only ability to recieve healthcare comes from the VA for service connected injuries. Take away my healthcare and I have nothing left.

panzerr
03-12-09, 19:16
If that becomes the case than I guess I can just say Bye-bye to healthcare entirely, as my only ability to recieve healthcare comes from the VA for service connected injuries. Take away my healthcare and I have nothing left.

Likewise. I would hate to see how much the medications the VA has me on would cost me.

Spurholder
03-13-09, 10:10
Remember when someone called Sarah Palin pretending to be French President Sarkozy...

I wonder what would happen if some wise-ass called the WH and asked if the Prez would be willing to be "inducted" into the Noble Order of the Blue Falcon while he was visiting?

Do you think anyone in the WH would get wise?

Suitable for framing, I'd say.

http://www.postimage.org/Pq1xnYsJ.gif (http://www.postimage.org/)

dookie1481
03-13-09, 12:39
Suitable for framing, I'd say.

http://www.postimage.org/Pq1xnYsJ.gif (http://www.postimage.org/)

Is that a Ranger thing?

Jay

Spade
03-13-09, 13:03
That's just swell. I could go on a whole rant about this, but I feel I would only be preaching to the choir.

geminidglocker
03-13-09, 15:49
picture this: The administration decides that Vets have to pay for their service connected disabilities/injuries. How many folks are going to want to join the military? Disabled Vets would march on Washington, and yes, we'de be armed to the teeth. Do you really think that the National Gaurd is going to want to get into it with us? I beleive they would do the right thing and join us, as they are in the same boat. Perhaps we'de even drag all of the political scum out of Congress, The White House, and The House Of Senate and conduct public executions. I've put my life on the line for my beleifs before and would do it again. Foreign and DOMESTIC, remember. Plus, you take away our healthcare, we've got nothing to lose. That alone should have Washington shaking in their boots.

stanlyonjr
03-13-09, 16:05
I'll stand right next to you brother. Take away our health care and I agree we have nothing to loose. I have two blown out disks in my spine and the pain meds are the only thing that helps me have some sort of life. Without it life would be nothing. The talk of such things make me sick to my stomach.:mad:

R/Tdrvr
03-13-09, 17:22
If President Obama allowed this to happen I don't think any service member would call him their "Commander in Chief"

I don't think many would stay in after their enlistments are up either. Obama could have a little "mutiny" on his hands if he ever approves something like this.

boltcatch
03-13-09, 19:39
Veterans who get injured in the line of duty shouldn't have to pay anything out of their pocket. The thought of this being discussed is ridiculous.

No, the thought of this being discussed will hopefully wake a few people up and show them what we're dealing with. But I wouldn't call it ridiculous; they're serious.

K.L. Davis
03-14-09, 00:06
Is that a Ranger thing?

Jay
Across all services....

Blue Falcon
Bravo Foxtrot
B F
Buddy F**ker

Kimbo
03-14-09, 00:18
Yep Buddy F**ker is universal in all the branches :D

wargasm
03-14-09, 04:29
The Dalai Obama needs to reach between his legs, grab ahold of his ears, and pull his head out of his ass! His retards are barking up the wrong tree with that kind of talk! Our heroes earned their benefits the hard way! Nuff sed!

Kimbo
03-14-09, 04:35
Obama and his administration are all about making change. If this happens good luck when he goes overseas to reason with Al Qaeda, Secret Service will be his only "hope"

A-Bear680
03-14-09, 11:43
It's far from being a done deal. Bean-counter staff pukes in DC come up with a whole book of dumb ideas every year.

A little context:
From the MOAA magazine , March 2009 , page 31.

"1st things 1st: it's important to remember that this book of options is nothing new. The CBO puts out similar lists {every year] and previous option books have included these or similar proposals. Some...were...put in.. [previous] administration's ...budgets but they were rebuffed by Congress every year."

" Second, these are options ,... not recommendations....."

This BS is not even close to a done deal.
We'll see what really happens.

dookie1481
03-15-09, 00:17
Across all services....

Blue Falcon
Bravo Foxtrot
B F
Buddy F**ker

Ah, I didn't see the phoenetic thing. LOL I get it now

wargasm
03-15-09, 01:32
It's far from being a done deal. Bean-counter staff pukes in DC come up with a whole book of dumb ideas every year.

A little context:
From the MOAA magazine , March 2009 , page 31.

"1st things 1st: it's important to remember that this book of options is nothing new. The CBO puts out similar lists {every year] and previous option books have included these or similar proposals. Some...were...put in.. [previous] administration's ...budgets but they were rebuffed by Congress every year."

" Second, these are options ,... not recommendations....."

This BS is not even close to a done deal.
We'll see what really happens.
Just the mere mention of such an absurd idea is still planting the seeds of an idea that they want to ultimately implement, IMHO. However, despite the doublespeak, they are already sowing the seeds of unrest within a highly fragile community. We do not need our wounded warriors to endure mental combat from the current administration, pushing them to the brink, by the very ones that should be in gratitude to them! I don't buy their "options" for one second! Out.

A-Bear680
03-15-09, 04:15
Fixed it for you.

Just the mere mention of such an absurd idea is still planting the seeds of an idea .......IMHO. However, despite the doublespeak, ..... sowing the seeds of unrest within a highly fragile community. We do not need our wounded warriors to endure mental combat... ...pushing them to the brink,..... Out.

Facts can be reassuring. That was the whole point: to balance some of the doom & gloom. Believe it or not the USA is still a constitutional republic with checks & balances in place. Stupid didn't start with the current administration, and will not completely end when they leave in 3 years and 8 months.
( Knocks on wood.)