PDA

View Full Version : Hornady TAP with WCC brass?

mrjones
03-13-09, 11:53
Hey guys,

I just received my order of 200 rounds of red box Hornady TAP 8126N from AmmunitionToGo. The brass is labeled WCC 07 with the Nato circle cross symbol, which is suspicious to me because the last batch I ordered came loaded in Hornady brass.

The lot number has also been removed from the boxes, but that was the case with the last batch too. Has anyone else seen this brass, or should I send it back?

markm
03-13-09, 15:51
Why send it back? You could call Hornady.

My guess is they just ran out of their own brass and are using Mil spec stuff to keep the ammo flowing.

Molon
03-13-09, 20:58
Pertaining to 5.56 TAP being loaded in WCC brass, Hornady had this to say:

"We don't make this brass ourselves. We get it from several different vendors who make it for us and they all have their own headstamp."

Hornay reports the following lots to date have been loaded with WCC brass:

mrjones
03-13-09, 23:39
Excellent, thank you Molon.

Kimbo
03-14-09, 04:15
Hey guys,

I just received my order of 200 rounds of red box Hornady TAP 8126N from AmmunitionToGo. The brass is labeled WCC 07 with the Nato circle cross symbol, which is suspicious to me because the last batch I ordered came loaded in Hornady brass.

The lot number has also been removed from the boxes, but that was the case with the last batch too. Has anyone else seen this brass, or should I send it back?

From my understanding, the reason why they remove the lot number is because for that ammo, only LEO's can order them. Now lets say Officer John Doe orders 1000rds from Hornady directly (which LEO's can do). Now with his order Hornady writes down what lot numbers are sold to him. Officer John Doe gets the bright idea of selling LEO only ammo to civilians to make a profit and resells this ammo online and if Hornady gets wind of their LEO only ammo being sold online they can determine who bought the ammo from the lot number, and then blacklist Officer John Doe.