PDA

View Full Version : Knock off AimPoint

Ghostface03
03-14-09, 21:00
So I went to a shitty gun show today in WV. Really nothing of interest to me at all until I looked over in a corner and spotted some nice looking optics. A guy with the salesman is getting rung up for what looks like an EOTech sight, $150.00. That peaked my interest. Salesman asked if I needed anything, asked if he had any micro Aimpoints. He pointed to what looked like one, I picked it up and he then came up to me and said it was a knock off. WTF? Proceeded to point out how to tell a knockoff from the real thing, placement of the logo etc. Then he pulled out a LaRue mount knock off also. "Are all of these knock offs?" Hell yeah, ACOG, EOTech you name it. I couldn't help but laugh, at least he isn't telling people they are the real thing. Is selling these types of replicas illegal? I thought they were.

Magsz
03-15-09, 00:42
Whats really sad is that 150 dollars is THREE times the price of what these replicas go for.

Whats even sadder are the morons that buy the sig sauer micro optic.

That damned thing is just a Chinese clone with a freaking Sig logo on it...sigh...

Spoon
03-15-09, 00:48
At least he was honest!

bkb0000
03-15-09, 01:11
there's no "at least" about it. there's a special place in hell for knockoff dealers.

sewvacman
03-15-09, 10:24
Is it legal though? You aren't allowed to sell shirts with Nike's logo on it, why aimpoints? My wife got her Ebay account suspended for selling a knockoff designer purse. She listed it as a knockoff. I looked today and there are pages of aimpoint knockoffs on ebay. Some not so obvious as others. Some priced $50 less than an aimpoint just to fool ya.

Robb Jensen
03-15-09, 12:12
So I went to a shitty gun show today in WV. Really nothing of interest to me at all until I looked over in a corner and spotted some nice looking optics. A guy with the salesman is getting rung up for what looks like an EOTech sight, $150.00. That peaked my interest. Salesman asked if I needed anything, asked if he had any micro Aimpoints. He pointed to what looked like one, I picked it up and he then came up to me and said it was a knock off. WTF? Proceeded to point out how to tell a knockoff from the real thing, placement of the logo etc. Then he pulled out a LaRue mount knock off also. "Are all of these knock offs?" Hell yeah, ACOG, EOTech you name it. I couldn't help but laugh, at least he isn't telling people they are the real thing. Is selling these types of replicas illegal? I thought they were.

Knock-off are cheap and crap. These are toy copies of the real thing.

These toys do not belong on real firearms.