PDA

View Full Version : My journey to Grant's place!

HwyKnight
03-14-09, 23:31
I decided to go to Grant's place to have him lend me his expertise in choosing a sling for my 2 ARs. Since I'm an AR noob I figure I needed all the help I could get. Grant and I traded a couple e-mails, and I told him I would be there bright and early at 9am when he opened on Saturday. I rolled over Saturday morning and, after squinting realized my clock said 8am. This wouldn't be a problem except G&R is 2 1/2 hrs away! Crap! Slept late, but feel great! So a quick shower, into the truck, program the GPS, and I'm on my way. 2+ hours later I turn onto Grant's street, and my GPS no longer has any clue as to where I am. I then started to hear banjo's play, and I swore I heard someone say: "This here road don't go no where near no G&R Tactical" (I'm a city kid) A short time later I pulled into G&R Tactical. I had to stop part way down the driveway though because Grant's dog ran out to greet me, and I lost sight of him. The last thing I wanted to do was walk in and say: 'Hi Grant, I just killed your dog!" After getting the dog clear I was able to go in and say: 'Hi Grant, got a rest room?' Like I said it was a 2+ hr drive. After a short time Grant and his assistant, had me set up with slings for my 2 ARs. He even inspected my DPMS BCG and gave me some pointers on care and maintenance. Although I'm sure he washed his hands and burned his shop rag after working on my rifle so as not to contaminate the other fine rifles with DPMS cooties! I wanted to stay chat, and get a few more pointers, but I had to get home to help prepare for my step-daughters 18th surprise b-day party. If any of you are in the area I'm sure grant wouldn't mind if you stopped in and said hello. I look forward to doing business with him in the future. Thanks Grant!

03-14-09, 23:49
I turn onto Grant's street, and my GPS no longer has any clue as to where I am.

It seems everytime I have been out to Grant's that it's an adventure through back roads. I like going to Grant's for several reasons: 1) He will take the time to discuss things with you. (spent about 2 hours going through my ADS buy with him) 2)you can examine and compare products. 3)He's easy going, and I never feel pressured. I tell everybody who asks to go see him.

Thanks Grant! I'll been visiting again soon.

Avenger29
03-15-09, 00:51
The places you really want to go are never easy to find. :D

Honu
03-15-09, 01:53
no pics ? :)

HwyKnight
03-15-09, 02:02
I didn't think to bring a camera. For my fellow motorcycle riders this area of Ohio is great riding!

BigTime
03-15-09, 07:08
The last time I went to Ohio(800 miles one way for me)I went to Grant's they were closed,it was Thanksgiving weekend. Now the last time I was inside Grant's the fellow working was the father of one of the guys I went to school with,I don't think that was Grant though.His name was Mr.Big***. Didn't you guys have a gunshop in Phila on West High Ave. years ago?