PDA

View Full Version : Guitar/Rifle Case

GlockWRX
12-19-06, 17:09
I saw Grants post on the PPM discrete rifle case and it reminded me of something that I saw and wished I bought a long time ago. I was hoping one of you guys may know of it.

About 8 or so years ago I worked part time at a gun shop, and the owner had one of the coolest cases I have ever seen. It was a nylon rifle case meant to look like a guitar case. It was padded and included a a shoulder strap; imagine a regular soft sided case shaped like a guitar. He carried a 6520 with an A2 stock in it, and it was a perfect fit. the barrel went up the 'neck' of the case, while the action and stock were part of the 'body'. It was even light blue to add to the 'discreteness'.

Has anyone seen anything like that and if so, where can I get it?

hipower
12-20-06, 20:42
Why not buy a soft electric case I have a Fender one that came with my guitar) and have webbing sewn in to it? Looking at my case it could fit an A2 20" barrel no problems...with enough room to have a cleaning kit and some magazine puoches included.

MX5
02-19-07, 07:41
When traveling I carry into hotels with a Peavey hardshell guitar case that has a modified interior for an M4 - slapped some appropriate rock decals on the sides & scuffed it up a bit. Last time John Farnam visited he was carrying his DSA side folder in a hard-shell case that I think is for a viola.

rmecapn
02-22-07, 20:16
There was a discussion about this topic over at LF.net, also. Some ideas besides the guitar cases were tennis and hockey bags. Your average duffle bag would probably work too. You can pick up padded guitar cases at Wal-Mart (or was it TRU) for around $20. We got one for our youngest daughter along with her guitar.

Cesiumsponge
03-03-07, 20:28
It isn't too difficult to modify an existing guitar hard case for guitar. It's just foam with that fuzzy fabric on it. I tossed a Rem870 into a generic Fender case (no mods) one day and walked down the street to my friend's house because I didn't want to haul a heavy pelican case around, and didn't want to carry a bare firearm on my shoulder.

As mentioned, just throw some AC/DC stickers on it, scuff up the corners, and it'll look like road gear in no time.