PDA

View Full Version : Troy rail questions

MAUSER202
03-15-09, 12:45
I was wondering about the Troy rail that came on my new S&W M&P 15X. I havent found any specific treads about them. Are they a quality rail as compared to say DD or Larue?
I realy like the build of the Troy rear folding buis it came with, but it looks like there is no adjuctment for elevation. Am I correct in this?
I hope to get out next week and shoot it.

SwatDawg15
03-15-09, 12:49
Troy makes outstanding products. However the rail that came with your X model is a DI (drop in) model, and can't really be compared to Larue or DD, as they are freefloat.

Your rail will more then likely serve your purpose, and its as good as other drop in rails.

Mr.Goodtimes
03-15-09, 13:34
Troy makes outstanding products. However the rail that came with your X model is a DI (drop in) model, and can't really be compared to Larue or DD, as they are freefloat.

Your rail will more then likely serve your purpose, and its as good as other drop in rails.

mauser, i bought the same troy rail to put on my rifle, a spikes, and i love it. Ive had it for about three months now and i couldnt be happier with it. It locks up rock solid and the rail is in spec, i havent had any problems with accessories being out of spec or anything of that nature. i would would only replace it if free float is a huge deal for you, and at that, i would make it the absolute last thing replaced.

GaryXD
03-15-09, 15:42
You are correct. No elevation adjustment. The only elevation adjustment is your front sight post.