PDA

View Full Version : anybody else not getting email notifacations of replies to subscribed threads?

bigshooter
03-15-09, 23:23
I don't seem to be getting the emails anymore?, checked my settings and all is good but no mail?.

ZDL
03-16-09, 00:20
same. also very slow lately.

bkb0000
03-16-09, 00:28
it was such a relief when i finally figured out how to NOT get email notifications of replies...

i don't have that problem, but i did have problems being able to log on for a few days. had to punch in the IP address instead of m4carbine.net to get on, and now it takes about an eternity and a half for my posts to refresh after i click "submit." i think M4C has a hangover or something.

HowardCohodas
03-16-09, 03:54
I did some investigating.
No email notifications.
Submitting a post seemingly takes forever. However, the problem seems to be what happens after the post is registered. The process seems to stall at the point of relisting the thread with the new post shown. This can be demonstrated by interrupting the submit and trying to resume it. You get a response that this is a duplicate post.

C4IGrant
03-16-09, 08:47
No email notifications.
Submitting a post seemingly takes forever. However, the problem seems to be what happens after the post is registered. The process seems to stall at the point of relisting the thread with the new post shown. This can be demonstrated by interrupting the submit and trying to resume it. You get a response that this is a duplicate post.

Noticed the same things.

C4

LOKNLOD
03-16-09, 08:53
I've got exact same problem with postings hanging up that HowardCohodas describes, and it's been that way all weekend.

WillBrink
03-16-09, 09:39
I don't seem to be getting the emails anymore?, checked my settings and all is good but no mail?.

Yes, for example I know I am subscribed to this thread I started:

https://www.m4carbine.net/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=329000

I got no emails letting me know people had responded. :confused:

ToddG
03-17-09, 11:37
No email notifications.

Ditto. I received a number of PMs over the weekend and got no email notifications.

As for posting, at least with Safari, the message I get is "contacting m4carbine.net" ... that's where it hangs up after posting a message or sending a PM. The posts show up (all I need to do is open another browser window to see them) and the PMs appear to be going through (they're in my Sent box, anyway).

WillBrink
03-17-09, 11:41
Ditto. I received a number of PMs over the weekend and got no email notifications.

As for posting, at least with Safari, the message I get is "contacting m4carbine.net" ... that's where it hangs up after posting a message or sending a PM. The posts show up (all I need to do is open another browser window to see them) and the PMs appear to be going through (they're in my Sent box, anyway).

I am listed for "instant notification" on this thread and others and am not getting any. Something is broke...:confused:

chadbag
03-17-09, 13:12
Me too

same results with Safari as todd

email notifications stopped around Mar 12

Irish
03-17-09, 13:34
Yo tambien!

ToddG
03-17-09, 13:41
Yo tambien!

Dammit, now the server isn't even speaking English.

HowardCohodas
03-17-09, 17:45
Probably nothing to do with the response problem but it, none the less, irritates the stuff out of me is that the forum system clock is 7 minutes fast. How can that be when any server I ever ran periodically synced with a time server. :(

stanlyonjr
03-18-09, 03:34
The server needs to be rebooted. Must be running MS Server. If it was Linux you would never have this problem.

bkb0000
03-18-09, 03:45
The server needs to be rebooted.

steel toed or regular? ::stomp stomp::

decodeddiesel
03-19-09, 18:44
Count me as another not receiving e-mail notifications...

Race
03-19-09, 23:55
I'm not receiving notifications, either.

Race
03-19-09, 23:57
I'm not receiving notifications, either.

And it's very slow for me, too. Not complaining - just reporting the info.

Savior 6
03-20-09, 00:08
I just figured nobody loved me anymore:(

STAFF
03-20-09, 10:37
The server needs to be rebooted. Must be running MS Server. If it was Linux you would never have this problem.

We are running LINUX.

SVR was moved to a new location and this has caused some issues that we are working on.