PDA

View Full Version : Noveske Question

M4Fundi
03-15-09, 23:44
I noticed on the stickied M4 comparison chart that the Noveske did not have the following

Pressure Test (HPT) Bolt...........instead done in Batch
Black Extractor Spring Insert................instead is Blue rifle version (weaker??)

is this anything to worry about or have changed or checked?

Thanks

Stickman
03-16-09, 03:00

No, just go shoot it.

Army Chief
03-16-09, 04:03
Not to be trite (at all), but if this were really a matter of any great concern, Noveske would probably be among the first to specify that a change be made. It is indeed a curious thing to see when you're checking "the chart," but I've never seen a need to retrofit a Noveske spring insert.

AC

Alaskapopo
03-17-09, 00:02
I noticed on the stickied M4 comparison chart that the Noveske did not have the following

Black Extractor Spring Insert................instead is Blue rifle version (weaker??)

Thanks

I installed a black extractor insert and a 5 coil spring and rubber donut because it makes me feel better.
Pat

M4Fundi
03-17-09, 00:27
Thanks

rob_s
03-17-09, 04:27
While it does have the blue insert, they have been shipping with the o-ring to sort of compensate for it.

Todd.K
03-17-09, 10:21
We have had some problems with the 5 coil, black buffer and o ring.
Failure to go into battery because the extractor did not clip over the rim.

We have not had any extraction problems with the rifle spring and buffer with an o ring. Including full auto torture testing our 7.5" and 10.5" rifles.

C4IGrant
03-17-09, 10:29
We have had some problems with the 5 coil, black buffer and o ring.
Failure to go into battery because the extractor did not clip over the rim.

We have not had any extraction problems with the rifle spring and buffer with an o ring. Including full auto torture testing our 7.5" and 10.5" rifles.

Yes. There are differences in some of the 5 coil springs making them have WAY too much extraction and actually causing issues.

IMHO, I would only use a Crane O-Ring with a 4 coil spring or a 5 coil that has at least a thousand rounds on it (if not more).

C4

FromMyColdDeadHand
03-17-09, 11:36

Thanks

Did you just call The Virgin Mary a whore? You had better sound off that you love The Virgin Mary. ;)

Gentoo
03-17-09, 23:57
Did you just call The Virgin Mary a whore? You had better sound off that you love The Virgin Mary. ;)

Why you slimy little scumbag! You make me wanna vomit!

M4Fundi
03-18-09, 01:44
Thanks All really appreciate the helpful info

N4 arrives in morning!

Kimbo
03-18-09, 01:54
Lucky you..:p Post pics if you get a chance!

FromMyColdDeadHand
03-18-09, 12:57
Thanks All really appreciate the helpful info

N4 arrives in morning!

Out of curiosity, how did you get a Noveske so fast?

M4Fundi
03-18-09, 16:15
I'm told its something about my smile:D I personally think it the twinkle in my eye:rolleyes:

pm sent