PDA

View Full Version : Need suggestions on accessories...

Kimbo
03-16-09, 04:25
Well I'm trying to burn some money while I wait for Noveske to finish their backlogs and start stocking items on their website. My intended rifle is their N4 Light Basic.
My list of items to get are as follows...
Troy rear buis
Aimpoint M4S/Aimpoint T1/ Eotech 553/ Eotech 555 (not sure which one yet)
Surefire Scout Light
Noveske QD endplate
LMT Sopmod stock
Magpul MIAD grip
KAC RAS
KAC Rails
Magpul MS2 sling
AAC SPR/M4

Does anyone have any suggestions on other stuff I should get or things I should think twice on? Much appreciated in advance.

bkb0000
03-16-09, 04:33
Well I'm trying to burn some money while I wait for Noveske to finish their backlogs and start stocking items on their website. My intended rifle is their N4 Light Basic.
My list of items to get are as follows...
Troy rear buis
Aimpoint M4S/Aimpoint T1/ Eotech 553/ Eotech 555 (not sure which one yet)
Surefire Scout Light
Noveske QD endplate
LMT Sopmod stock
Magpul MIAD grip
KAC RAS
KAC Rails
Magpul MS2 sling
AAC SPR/M4

Does anyone have any suggestions on other stuff I should get or things I should think twice on? Much appreciated in advance.

im not up on lights- i have a couple surefire...... somethingerothers. so i cant help with that (just hasnt been a priority with me). i'd consider going with noveske's own handguard, though, rather than getting the basic and swapping out for knights. unless your intent is to SBR it, you'll have to perm the AAC flashider yourself (have it done) after you install the guard. might as well have noveske perm you an AAC after they install their guard- which is a VERY nice guard. everything else looks good to go- all personal preference.

eta: AIMPOINT- aimpoint is superior to eotech in every way, and nobody around here will disagree with that. longer batt life, longer stay-on-the-gun life, longer isn't-broke life.

Kimbo
03-16-09, 04:44
I plan on registering the lower as a SBR. Also is the rail on the VIS and their rail removable or is it permanently attached to the upper?

rob_s
03-16-09, 06:24
I think the Noveske comes with the rear Troy sight, or at least they used to.

Is this your first AR, or one of many?

lindertw
03-16-09, 11:42
...Also is the rail on the VIS and their rail removable or is it permanently attached to the upper?

The Vltor VIS is a monolithic upper, and the rail is integral to the upper (a portion of the bottom does come off). The Noveske/SWS rail used on low profile models is removable.

I have a Surefire X300 and an Aimpoint T1 that split time between two rifles (that is until I get off my duff and buy a second X300 and T1); and I like 'em. I just installed a Noveske QD end plate on my N4 basic build, which is in a bare bones state (http://www.forumjpg.com/userImages/84550180137590.jpg) at the moment (light mount on handguard, BUIS, sling).

If you haven't already, be sure to check out the articles that rob_s has posted on his site... lots of great info there. If we ever get a NoVA/MD get together on the calendar you might have a chance to try out the gear you're interested in prior to buying...

good luck with the build!

nplunger
03-16-09, 12:22
eta: AIMPOINT- aimpoint is superior to eotech in every way, and nobody around here will disagree with that. longer batt life, longer stay-on-the-gun life, longer isn't-broke life.

I will be the first to disagree! All manufacturers have have bad units in there batch. I believe that you have to decide what is [U]best for you[U]. There are no hard facts about one companys braking more than the others. Many people choose the Eotech over an aimpoint because of the reticule alone. It is all about user preference. I recommened you try each one out and make the decision yourself and be your own judge. Looks like a good list to me! GOOD LUCK

Kimbo
03-16-09, 15:05
This won't be my first AR. I've used both aimpoint and eotech. Both have their pros and cons, I'm just torn between which one. Where do you VA/MD guys shoot? And I forgot that noveske rifles do come with their logo'd troy buis. Any owners with noveske lowers have problems with pmags and the new m versions?

johnclark075
03-16-09, 15:34
I have not had any problems with pmags in my N4 so far.

lindertw
03-16-09, 16:16
I'm at the NRA range (http://www.nrahq.org/shootingrange/nrahqrange/) in Fairfax VA 2-3 times per week. No issues with PMAGS in my Noveske lower (have not tried the new M versions you mentioned).

esskay
03-16-09, 17:44
How long is your rail? Check out various lighting options in this thread:
Click! (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=22625&page=4)

I have a rifle length MRP (miles of rail real estate) and run a Surefire X300 with XT07 pressure switch at 12 o'clock. Others run just the X300. Check it out, it's a really great lighting system. (pics at the end of that thread)

Also, if you like the Magpul MS2 sling, I'd seriously consider their ASAP plate to go with it.

Kimbo
03-16-09, 22:37
I've heard good things about that NRA range. How do they feel about machine guns at their range? I like the scout and the x300, I'll probably get the scout though. I also have the ASAP on my lwrc sbr. It's nice but I don't like how without the sling the ring just shakes around. That's why I am going with the Noveske QD plate.