PDA

View Full Version : Interesting find on GunBroker

Freakdaddy
03-16-09, 07:20
As most everyone else here, I was on GunBroker checking out the various one's I'm interested in and looking for that good deal. Imagine my surprise when I actually see a photo of MY gun up for sale. I would like to think the guy is just using it as a photo to represent what he has as it doesn't show any serial #'s or list those in the description. They also aren't including the holster, mags and mag carrier either. Still, I sent an email to GunBroker to let them know what's going on. I'll give it until the end of today before I contact the seller if GunBroker doesn't take care of it. Just another lesson to be careful with what pics you post on the net.

Here's the listing followed by pictures I've taken:
http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=125080205

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g80/Freakdaddy2/DSC01336_edited.jpg

Same gun, different setup:
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g80/Freakdaddy2/DSC01332.jpg

sapper36
03-16-09, 07:23
Thats funny. When I was into offroad trucks I found my truck for sale on ebay once:D

Freakdaddy
03-16-09, 07:28
I was wondering if I bought it, would I save on shipping to myself? :D

It's flattering that he'd use my photo but it is misleading to the bidders.

FromMyColdDeadHand
03-16-09, 08:08
1. He never says that "Gun like one pictured".
2. The second pic almost has the serial number visible, be interesting to know if that picture was Shanghaied too.

I would suspend someone's account for that, if not outright ban. I always felt funny asking if the gun (or anything else) is the one pictured, I'm over that now.

g5m
03-16-09, 08:18
Nice photography!:p

Freakdaddy
03-16-09, 12:56
Nice photography!:p

Thanks man. I'm strictly an amateur but even a blind hog finds an acorn now and then :D!

Artos
03-16-09, 13:15
This is great....check out his feedback. All as a buyer and a couple of F's to boot. I'm gonna put him on my block list.

If it were my gun, I would be very tempted to buy it now and have fun.

HowardCohodas
03-16-09, 13:53
A policy I recommend and frequently fail to follow is to mark the pictures I post with my name and date the picture was taken. Since I always link to my pictures that I store in PhotoBucket, I could replace them with images that have the ID. This does not prevent the pictures from being copied and used independently of their home in PhotoBucket.

There is also software to provide hidden watermarks in pictures to validate ownership when someone copies them and uses them as their own. However, if I was sufficiently disciplined to do that I should be disciplines enough to mark them in plain sight. ;)

Detective_D
03-16-09, 14:04
He has updated the listing to now include this....

Lots of inquiries about the main pic: No this is not MY GC, because of camera issues, I scouted for images that represented an EXACT match.

But how do you find an EXACT match on a custom weapon??:)

~D

Artos
03-16-09, 14:13
Check out his other auctions. The pony's 'appear' to be the actual guns. I like the .45lc....sold mine & wish I still had it.