PDA

View Full Version : NEW DOD brass mutilation rules!

nplunger
03-17-09, 11:53
Just got this and if you think that ammo prices are bad now, just wait till this happens. Call your local senator and ask them not to let this happen. Tom Gresham on "gun talk" talked about this in his last episode wich can be downloaded on his website.

http://www.infowars.com/dod-ends-sale-of-expended-military-brass-to-remanufacturers

ra2bach
03-17-09, 14:26
I love that the article begins with, "and so it begins..."

bundoc
03-17-09, 15:08
Prices will never come back down, especially with new policies like this. I emailed ammunitontogo.com in regards to 9mm HST ammo which was $19.99 for 50rds back in November. They can't even keep it in stock at the current price which is $34.95. They said manufacturers have raised and they must also raise their prices.

We all need to get involved with our congressmen!

KellyTTE
03-17-09, 19:00
Word came down that all shells 50 caliber or smaller CAN still be purchased without the mutilation requirement as long as kept in the US.

(As it was in limbo, I did not sent your EUC to Battle Creek until today, also why I have not contacted you for payment until today.)

Thanks!

Arana K. Wolin
Document Verification Supervisor
Government Liquidation, LLC
DOD Surplus, LLC
15051 N Kierland Blvd. #300
Scottsdale, AZ 85254
(480) 609-3306 direct telephone
(480) 596-4480 fax
awolin@govliquidation.com

So all's well that ends well. Apparently this was a DLA / GovLiq comms problem.

Blitzking
03-17-09, 19:54
Dear Loyal Customers,

Thanks to your voice, DOD has rescinded the order to mutilate all spent cases as of 4:30 pm on 3/17/09. We appreciate the time and effort that you expended, together we all made a difference. We will be posting the email we received from DOD as well as any additional information within the next 12-16 hours. Thanks so much and lets get to work!!! Georgia Arms

markm
03-17-09, 21:51
I made a few calls and got this shit handled. :cool:

nplunger
03-18-09, 01:26
I made a few calls and got this shit handled. :cool:

I've said it once and I'll say it again, markm your my hero.

bkb0000
03-18-09, 01:48
indeed... in case nunya are following the other thread, the DoD reversed their decision today. Mark has homies in high places.

markm
03-18-09, 08:41
This was a self serving act. If the DOD brass stopped flowing, everyone would be after the commercial brass that I like to use. :p

larry0071
03-18-09, 08:46
Im just glad that this should help keep the ammo prices for 5.56 at a medium-roar instead of an all out WAIL!!!

It is notice to see how quickly this came upon the public and also how very quickly it was corrected. Not often do things get taken care of or disputed so fast... and with results that actually favor the little guy. Thank you to all of you who helped to rais awareness of the issue and pushed the subject up the food chain until the right folks were able to get it taken care of. Good job. And yes, thank you MarkM for being the shining light in the crusade for brass! You are a god amongst insects!

markm
03-18-09, 09:26
Im just glad that this should help keep the ammo prices for 5.56 at a medium-roar instead of an all out WAIL!!!

NO KIDDING! :eek: