PDA

View Full Version : 10mm experts. what is this stuff?

Jack-O
03-18-09, 01:06
I was selling some ammo this weekend and came across a case of 10mm Federal "hi-power" ammo (stock # 10c i think). It is a 180gr JHP. the hollow point is a truncated cone type with a very large hollowpoint similar to the federal bonded .40 stuff.

The boxes are red and white with black lettering. I have NO idea how long this stuff has been sitting on this dealers shelf, but there was also some winchester ranger ra9sxt 127 +p+ there with head stamps from 99 with the black coated bullets.

I've googles extensively trying to determine what this stuff is and what velocities and when it was made, but with no luck.

Does anyone remember this stuff or know what it is?

USSA-1
03-18-09, 09:24
Yeah, that stuff was a Federal load the either predated the Hydra-shok line or was an option in addition to the HS bullet line. I think those HP's are Sierra 180 HP's. It should be comparable to the downloaded FBI 10mm loads. 180 gr. at 950-1000 fps.

I've still got some sitting around. It's a good practice load. With that wide HP, if your pistol will feed this stuff, it should feed anything.

USSA-1