PDA

View Full Version : G&R Tactical Reliability Package

Dave L.
12-20-06, 23:01
I just ordered 3 sets of G&R Tactical Reliability Package extractor spring, black insert, and crane o-ring.
My question is: is the "5 coil spring" contained in these packages sufficient or should I order a few Wolf Extra Power extractor springs to swap out the one in the G&R package.

Patrick Aherne
12-20-06, 23:24
If Grant says it's good to go, you can trust his evaluation.

Stickman
12-21-06, 00:59
It wouldn't be much of an upgrade if you had to replace the parts when they were new. Grants kit will work fine for you.

Dave L.
12-21-06, 02:00
It wouldn't be much of an upgrade if you had to replace the parts when they were new. Grants kit will work fine for you.

Will the Crane O-Ring melt during high volume shooting (really high volume)?

Glockster35
12-21-06, 06:56
I believe Grants springs are the Wolff springs. I may be mistaken.

I just got my kit yesterday (Thanks Grant) and I will say, it is a lot harder to install (one a new bolt) than I anticipated. But I also want to make sure I installed it correctly.

Does the Black O ring go over top of the spring?

C4IGrant
12-21-06, 07:36
Will the Crane O-Ring melt during high volume shooting (really high volume)?

No.

C4

C4IGrant
12-21-06, 07:37
I believe Grants springs are the Wolff springs. I may be mistaken.

I just got my kit yesterday (Thanks Grant) and I will say, it is a lot harder to install (one a new bolt) than I anticipated. But I also want to make sure I installed it correctly.

Does the Black O ring go over top of the spring?

They are not Wolff springs.

The O-Ring goes over the spring.

C4

C4IGrant
12-21-06, 07:38
I just ordered 3 sets of G&R Tactical Reliability Package extractor spring, black insert, and crane o-ring.
My question is: is the "5 coil spring" contained in these packages sufficient or should I order a few Wolf Extra Power extractor springs to swap out the one in the G&R package.

I am not a fan of the extra power springs with the O-Ring as you can actually make the extractor too stiff.

C4

Dave L.
12-21-06, 12:12
I am not a fan of the extra power springs with the O-Ring as you can actually make the extractor too stiff.

C4

Thanks for the info Grant, cant wait to get them. How often should I change these out?

C4IGrant
12-21-06, 13:46
Thanks for the info Grant, cant wait to get them. How often should I change these out?

I would change out my springs (extractor and buffer and insert/O-Ring) about every 2-3K.

C4

Dave L.
12-21-06, 19:48
I would change out my springs (extractor and buffer and insert/O-Ring) about every 2-3K.

C4

Sounds good.
I'm shooting a RRA Carbine- should I buy a different brand extractor(and pin)? Does the extractor spring need changing in the same intervals?

C4IGrant
12-21-06, 19:57
Sounds good.
I'm shooting a RRA Carbine- should I buy a different brand extractor(and pin)? Does the extractor spring need changing in the same intervals?

I would up change out the blue insert for the black one and add a Crane O-ring. No need to buy a new extractor.

I like to change out my extractor springs, insert and O-Ring about every 3K.

C4

Dave L.
12-21-06, 20:25
I would up change out the blue insert for the black one and add a Crane O-ring. No need to buy a new extractor.

I like to change out my extractor springs, insert and O-Ring about every 3K.

C4

I just ordered 3 reliability sets from you guys, but my question was: after about 3K rounds should I change out the Extractor and the pin holding it in(besides the spring/insert/o-ring)? The bolt is good for 5K? I'm not familiar with the blue insert- pretty sure mine only came with a spring.
My gun doesn't have even 300 rounds on it yet but ill be changing that soon.