PDA

View Full Version : Go USA!!!!!

parishioner
03-18-09, 18:20
Im here reporting from Destin, Florida. Im on the beach enjoying Spring Break '09 and I'm watching F-15s and CH-53E Super Stallions flying by ALL DAY! Im assuming they're coming from Eglin Air Base. It just makes me feel so safe and proud to be an American when I see those machines protecting our home land. God Bless the USA and everyone who serves.

R1pper
03-18-09, 18:33
Double Tap!

R1pper
03-18-09, 18:34
What are the tail numbers and state designations on the 15's? A lot of our birds and support elements are in Key West right now (Bastards! I hate getting left behind).

-DM-

Ghostface03
03-18-09, 18:38
Im here reporting from Destin, Florida. Im on the beach enjoying Spring Break '09 and I'm watching F-15s and CH-53E Super Stallions flying by ALL DAY! Im assuming they're coming from Eglin Air Base. It just makes me feel so safe and proud to be an American when I see those machines protecting our home land. God Bless the USA and everyone who serves.

Destin Rocks! Place is beautiful.

parishioner
03-18-09, 18:51
What are the tail numbers and state designations on the 15's? A lot of our birds and support elements are in Key West right now (Bastards! I hate getting left behind).

-DM-

Im not sure man. They were way too high to get an id on, not to mention I was having a few. I just remember seeing NAVY on the side of the super stallion.

ICANHITHIMMAN
03-18-09, 18:54
I used to live next to the SEAL compound in Damneck VA 2 or 3 miles from the Naval Air Base at Oceana. I too enjoyed seeing the F14 and F18 flying over head for the first week then it just became to much with the jets and the 24 hour gunfire from the SEAL compound.

But I suppose its nice in short stints

joe138
03-18-09, 19:34
I am headed for Destin on Friday. While the family is on the beach, I watch the military aircraft, among other things. By the way there is a museum on Eglin that is interesting.

parishioner
03-18-09, 20:27
I am headed for Destin on Friday. While the family is on the beach, I watch the military aircraft, among other things. By the way there is a museum on Eglin that is interesting.

Yea, I saw that. Unfortunately, it was on the way back from bailing some friends out of jail (long story). Anyway, under different circumstances I would like to visit that place.

HES
03-18-09, 21:03
The 15s might be from Tyndall. In the mean time, get thins ass over to Panama City beach and hit the clubs, find some naive college chick, make her a woman, and then leave!

Shotdown
03-18-09, 23:49
The 15s might be from Tyndall. In the mean time, get thins ass over to Panama City beach and hit the clubs, find some naive college chick, make her a woman, and then leave!
Not all the 15s are from Tyndall. We have some Nellis AFB (tail designation "WA") 15s down there right now.

crusader4x
03-19-09, 02:12
I thought this thread was going to be about the AWESOME 9th inning win of the Team USA baseball team at the World Baseball Championships. Alas, my excitement about Team USA is shallow when compared to the OP.

My brothers live and work LITERALLY across the street from the Boeing AH-64 Apache plant in Mesa, AZ. Not much swells my national pride as when I see groups of Apaches flying in the area.

Kimbo
03-19-09, 02:36
I used to live next to the SEAL compound in Damneck VA 2 or 3 miles from the Naval Air Base at Oceana. I too enjoyed seeing the F14 and F18 flying over head for the first week then it just became to much with the jets and the 24 hour gunfire from the SEAL compound.

But I suppose its nice in short stints

We used their ranges for our quals :cool:

Smuckatelli
03-19-09, 08:41
I'll be down in that area during the last week of August for our annual get together swap spit and figure out how to get others to speak different languages...

MarshallDodge
03-19-09, 14:39

+1

I live near Hill AFB and get to see the F-16's and F-22's fly over quite a bit. I can hear them fly over as I type this and never tire of hearing it. :cool:

They changed their flight path one night and got all kinds of complaints from people. :rolleyes:

Shotdown
03-19-09, 15:25
If you're an aviation enthusiast. Nellis AFB is the place to be. I've gotten to see lots of different aircraft from different countries.
(HH-60, Apaches, Cobras, Pavehawks, Pavelows, Reapers, Predators, F-15/16/22/111, A-10, B-1/52/2, Typhoons, Mirages, AWACS, JSTARS, KC10, RC135, C-130, C-27/17/5, etc)

DULLYJAY
03-20-09, 00:19
When Fleet Week comes to S.F. Bay Area, I get like a little kid watching the Blue Angels. Glad to be a AMERICAN!

Savior 6
03-20-09, 01:30
.. It just makes me feel so safe and proud to be an American when I see those machines protecting our home land. God Bless the USA and everyone who serves.

Roger that!

crusader4x
03-20-09, 01:55
When Fleet Week comes to S.F. Bay Area, I get like a little kid watching the Blue Angels. Glad to be a AMERICAN!

I'm not trying to start some flame war but wasn't it the Bay Area that banned military recruiting? The idea of a "Fleet Week" in THAT area just seems wrong.

Now, San Diego Fleet Week (which is closer to me) makes a lot more sense. The military is actually embraced so much by the community that the Padres wear camo jerseys in tribute to the military.

Actually, now that I think about it, perhaps the Bay Area Fleet Week is a good thing. I love the idea of Blue Angels buzzing around the Bay Area reminding all of those libs in that area why they have the freedom to vote to ban military recruiting.