PDA

View Full Version : Sen. Dodd gets caught lying...

VooDoo6Actual
03-19-09, 08:46
redaction.

R/Tdrvr
03-19-09, 10:05
A politician lying? Say it isn't so. What the hell is this world coming too? :D

ToddG
03-19-09, 10:09
Similar breaking headlines:

Sun shines

Scientists declare water is wet

Mondays now preceding Tuesdays in all 50 States

M4tographer
03-19-09, 10:20
"Still no cure for cancer."

Smuckatelli
03-19-09, 10:30
"Still no cure for cancer."

Not funny

BiggLee71
03-19-09, 11:36
A politician lying? Say it isn't so. What the hell is this world coming too? :D

you beat me to it!if we asked politicians to resign for lying,they'd all be gone.which would be a good thing cause they're all running this country into the ground for they're own enrichment.

Voodoochild
03-19-09, 11:51

Sun shines

You ****ing smart ass...:D

FromMyColdDeadHand
03-19-09, 12:20
The interesting thing to me, and it seems like it is a recent thing, is that they come up with a lie that makes no sense or is even more damaging.

Nancy Pelosi was asked why there was family planning money in the stimulus package. Now that is basically just money to go to their NARAL and buddies, but she can't say that so she comes up with something like "More contraception, will lead to less babies, which will reduce health care costs for the states and reduce the drag on the economy." What? See, she has a big lie, and tells what she thinks is a smaller lie to cover it up, but the little lie makes no sense to normal human beings- but to her it is the perfect cover story.

Flash forward to Dodd. What is he covering up, that the story of some unseen hand in the White House made him do it, is more plausible and palatable?

Robb Jensen
03-19-09, 12:29

Sun shines

That's just awesome! :D

XD45
03-19-09, 14:28
Dodd is also facing a stiff reelection fight back home. Lets hope/pray/work to see he stays home after the next election cycle.

M4tographer
03-19-09, 14:58
Not funny

Wasn't supposed to be.

Gutshot John
03-19-09, 16:01
Flash forward to Dodd. What is he covering up, that the story of some unseen hand in the White House made him do it, is more plausible and palatable?

I doubt it had anything to do with the almost a quarter million dollars in campaign contributions by AIG over the years.

Nah couldn't be. ;)

Bat Guano
03-19-09, 18:58
Hubris. Guys like him think they are smarter than everyone else, constantly are flattered by their flunkies, and really believe that they will never get caught up with. and even if they are, they can soft-shoe their way out of it every time.

History is littered with the rotting carcasses of fools like him. Only down side is the collateral damage that occurs while they live.

Rely on it.

bpd315
03-19-09, 20:38
I'm shocked.

No wait a minute, I'm not.

Barron Fields
03-20-09, 08:02
Not funny

But true :(