PDA

View Full Version : A note to all members.

Akoni
12-21-06, 17:15
Merry Christmas [as approved by appropriate legal officials]
Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non-addictive, gender neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all...and a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling, and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2007, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make [insert country or area of choice] great (not to imply that [country or area of choice] is necessarily greater than any other country or area of choice), and without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith, or sexual orientation of the wisher.

This wish is limited to the customary and usual good tidings for a period of one year, or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first. "Holiday" is not intended to, nor shall it be considered, limited to the usual Judeo-Christian celebrations or observances or to such activities of any organized or ad hoc religious community, group, individual, or belief (or lack thereof).

Note: By accepting this greeting, you are accepting these terms:

This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal, and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher at any time, for any reason or for no reason at all. This greeting is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. This greeting implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for the wisher her/himself or others, or responsibility for the consequences which may arise from the implementation or non-implementation of same. This greeting is void where prohibited by law.

M4arc
12-21-06, 17:29
Merry Christmas to you too buddy!

And Happy Hanukkah to all my Jewish friends :)

Dport
12-21-06, 17:34
Merry Xmas

And before anyone gets on my ass for taking the "Christ" out of "Christmas" you should know that the abbreviation Xmas was developed because the greek letter chi (X) has been a symbol for Christ for almost 2000 years.

DrMark
12-21-06, 19:57
Merry Christmas to you too buddy!

And Happy Hanukkah to all my Jewish friends :)

Indeed!

I'm glad we have a big honkin' Christmas tree in our lobby at work.

baffle Stack
12-21-06, 20:46
Oh how I love satire:D . What is it with the US’s obsession with PC-ness these days?

Nathan_Bell
12-21-06, 21:46
Funny and sad at the same time.

Merry Christmas and Happy Hannakah

Cold Zero
12-21-06, 21:50
Political correctness makes me want to vomit.

Merry Christmas.

FlyAndFight
12-22-06, 14:59
Political correctness makes me want to vomit.

Merry Christmas.

Ditto.

May everyone have a Blessed Christmas.

cohiba
12-22-06, 16:20
Merry Christmas [as approved by appropriate legal officials]
Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non-addictive, gender neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all...and a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling, and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2007, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make [insert country or area of choice] great (not to imply that [country or area of choice] is necessarily greater than any other country or area of choice), and without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith, or sexual orientation of the wisher.

This wish is limited to the customary and usual good tidings for a period of one year, or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first. "Holiday" is not intended to, nor shall it be considered, limited to the usual Judeo-Christian celebrations or observances or to such activities of any organized or ad hoc religious community, group, individual, or belief (or lack thereof).

Note: By accepting this greeting, you are accepting these terms:

This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal, and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher at any time, for any reason or for no reason at all. This greeting is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. This greeting implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for the wisher her/himself or others, or responsibility for the consequences which may arise from the implementation or non-implementation of same. This greeting is void where prohibited by law.

Funny yet sad that this is very close to being a truism. I almost had to demand that a clerk at a major department store say Merry Christmas after I said it. I just stood there, smiling, saying "go ahead, you can do it. I won't tell." She said she wasn't allowed to. Amazing. I never thought I could use Merry Christmas as a taunt. Incredible.

Anyhoooooo, Merry Christmas to everyone, especially those serving who can't be home and to those Mil/LE families and friends that lost a loved one this year. God bless.

Submariner
12-22-06, 17:06
cohiba-It wasn't Tiffany's, was it?;)