PDA

View Full Version : Muzzle attachement

R1pper
03-19-09, 23:13
Can some one please inform me what the muzzle attachment Costa is running on his rifle in the Magpul Dynamics DVD. I know its for a can but I am very curious. And if you know what muzzle break/ flash hider it is, is Ban compliant?

-DM-

SwatDawg15
03-19-09, 23:17
Its a KAC Brake that works with their cans. There is only a hand ful of them made. Its made of incolel (sp) and they said if they were to produce it, it would be in the neighborhood of $500. There are a few Industry professionals running them.

Edit: Last I heard they were exploring the idea of making it from steel to bring the price down, but thats all I know.

R1pper
03-19-09, 23:24
I know about the inconel. I used to work and a manfacturer that made suppressors partially with inconel.

BTT. That sucks. I was really hoping that I could get my hands on one of those

-DM-

SwatDawg15
03-19-09, 23:31
I want one as well, and I would pay $500 for one if I coud get it. Perhaps they will go forward with them, I sure hope so. Drake said he did a mag dump, full auto on a smaller steel plate. I can't remember off hand how far it was, but he said he was really impressed with it. He said it lowers the felt recoil to that of a 22.

Here was his exact post from TOS.

"That and it reduces recoil on 5.56 to that of a .22.

I did a full auto dump at 50 yards on a 2'x2' plate with all rounds 30 impacting. I was impressed."