PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use an aftermarket Glock barrel?

kaltblitz
03-20-09, 06:54
My dad has my old Glock 22C that I bought a few years back when the 3rd Gen frame first came out. I gave it to him about eight years ago and I think he's put a grand total of about 100 rounds through it and it pretty much just sits in the safe.

I sold my G22 and G27 and now am without a 40 S&W Glock. I was thinking about playing around with this one since he doesn't use it, but I'm not a fan of the compensated Glock so I figured I'd get a new barrel for it.

Do any of you guys use an aftermarket Glock barrel? What are your thoughts about one in a defensive gun? I was looking at Lone Wolf, Jarvis and KKM. Lone Wolf seems to be the cheapest. What are your thoughts?

larry0071
03-20-09, 07:28
I have a stainless accumatch barrel for my 1990 Glock 17 and it has the thread on compensator. The casings stick in it, so every time I ever tried to use it I had to use a cleaning rod and beat the spent casing out. I only fired it with this barrel maybe 4 times and gave up on it. My experiance was not good with an aftermarket barrel :(

Mine most likely needs to go get re-sized at a gun smith, but I guess in 15 years I never cared enough to do anything with it.

Glock barrel w/compensator, stainless guide rod and spring, Glock 17 9mm

Manufactured to the same degree of quality as the Accu-Match standard barrels, except they are extended and threaded for the compensator. The compensators are also of 416 stainless steel. They are designed with 2 chambers and 2 restrictor plates (baffles) to give you two full size cahambers for the gases to expand. The dual chamber with dual ports give greater efficiency than non chambered type systems. The compensator will effectively reduce muzzle flip up to approximately 40% depending upon ammunition load, shooting style, etc. This is also a drop-in barrel - no fitting required.

http://membres.lycos.fr/shooter/images/compbar1.jpg

David Thomas
03-20-09, 09:50
I use a KKM barrel in my GLock 34. I am pleased with with mine.

Paul45
03-20-09, 10:07
I have Bar-Sto drop-ins in 4 on my Glocks. G35, G34, G19 and G23.
They improved the accuracy dramaticly in the G35, G34 and the G19. Just a slightly improved accrucacy in the G23 with 180 grs but much improved with 165gr. Plus I can use lead bullets.

stanlyonjr
03-20-09, 10:27
I have a Glock 21 with a Storm Lake barrel. Very accurate.

ST911
03-20-09, 11:21
Do any of you guys use an aftermarket Glock barrel? What are your thoughts about one in a defensive gun? I was looking at Lone Wolf, Jarvis and KKM. Lone Wolf seems to be the cheapest. What are your thoughts?

I like defensive guns that are utterly reliable with a broad spectrum of commercially available premium defensive ammunition. That requirement eliminates most aftermarket Glock barrels for me.

Where enhanced accuracy is required, and ammunition options are narrowed or the barrel can be tweaked, an aftermarket might be an option.

Even with the signal:noise ratio, scanning GT for issues and trends with some of the aftermarket stuff can be informative.

If you don't like the ports, drop in a standard G22 barrel.

VooDoo6Actual
03-20-09, 15:40
Bar-Sto

M4arc
03-20-09, 15:44
If you don't like the ports, drop in a standard G22 barrel.

That would be my advice. You should be able to pick up a OEM G22 barrel for $85.