PDA

View Full Version : Are you a domestic terrorist?

Sudden
03-20-09, 08:14
Do you support Ron Paul?
Do you ever say - Molon Labe?
Do you have a Gadsen Flag?

Have you seen this report?

http://www.scribd.com/doc/13290698/The-Modern-Militia-MovementMissouri-MIAC-Strategic-Report-20Feb09-

Solomon
03-20-09, 11:08
You mean like our Founding Fathers?

Saginaw79
03-20-09, 13:11
I guess I am! WOLVERINES! :D

fruitjacket
03-20-09, 13:17
I support, and have supported Ron Paul for years.

If any of this 'bothers' you, or if you are now considered a 'terrorist', wait till you read the Military Commissions Act and find out what they can do to you now that you are a terrorist.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_Commissions_Act_of_2006

Sudden
03-20-09, 13:37
Generally I'm not a big complainer about Ruby Ridge or Waco. I feel if you don't screw with the law you usually don't get shot. Handle things through the court system, especially when you're surrounded by LEOs. Both of these cases were handled improperly. I don't believe in giving the gov. a chance to screwup as they will usually do it and you may get killed in the process.

fruitjacket, They don't have to make a real move against you. You may just end up on a watch list. Boy, can that screw up your life.

citizensoldier16
03-20-09, 13:38
The MCA was repealed June 12, 2008. It was ruled to be unconstitutional.

fruitjacket
03-20-09, 13:49
The MCA was repealed June 12, 2008. It was ruled to be unconstitutional.

Holy crap?! How did I miss that??? (will slap myself for that one)

Now, if we could just eliminate the Patriot Act and Presidential Directive 51, we'd be really moving forward.

Caeser25
03-20-09, 17:28
I guess I am! WOLVERINES! :D

but are you a member of The Elite Paramilitary Group, The Eagle Scouts :D

TUNNEL RAT 33
03-20-09, 19:26
i have a few culpeper minute men flags and i have a nice big " Dont Tread On Me " decal on the back of my truck so i guess i am too ! guess i gotta watch out for the black helicopters . WOLVERINES !!

Jerm
03-20-09, 19:31
Maybe its just me...

But im more concerned with the soon to be domesticated terrorists.

11Bravo
03-20-09, 22:14
Why, yes I am!
At least my website says so-
http://grburnett.us

Saginaw79
03-21-09, 02:25

Nope, just the Arrow of Light, Went to the LE Explorer program instead

telecustom
03-21-09, 08:40
Eagle Scout :cool:

A-Bear680
03-21-09, 09:24
Eagle Scout . Long time member (sometimes on & off ) of the NRA and SAF.
Gun owner since the age of 11. Active in some normal , sane , mainstream & very effective 2nd Amendment/political groups .
I see the inside of a church on a semi-regular basis. Norge , German , and Penn. Dutch heritage.

Still , it would be hard for any reasonable & prudent human being to confuse me with a delusional "Sovereign Citizen" , a "Christian Identity" bigot , or an " Aryan Nations" dirt-bag.

Look them up:
www.wikipedia.com

The Missouri document is dumb , it needs to be fixed. Extremists love to infiltrate legit groups and also to steal their symbols and buzz-words.

VooDoo6Actual
03-22-09, 06:17
This is concerning to say the least.

QuietShootr
03-22-09, 19:58
I have a big First Navy Jack flying out front of my house.

Saginaw79
03-22-09, 20:04
I have a big First Navy Jack flying out front of my house.

A Gadsden on mine!

Farva
03-22-09, 20:10
Its for your own good.

Saginaw79
03-22-09, 20:12
Its for your own good.

Uh huh, Im sure! ;)

Gentoo
03-22-09, 23:28
Reading things like this makes me lol.

Its like watching aliens try and describe sex.

threefeathers
03-23-09, 00:39
Gosh I guess I am.. I keep all of Kenneth Roberts books in my house and assigned my students to read them.

Spade
03-23-09, 14:07
I heard about this the beginning of last week on talk radio. I wonder is there any other states out there that have published similar reports. The immediate recation for me was to run out & buy every bumber sticker I could find. The concern here is if in fact LEO's are receiving this report are they going to be more on edge when they attempt to pull me over & I have one of these stickers in my back window. I would very much like to see the data this group had to form the opinions.

BiggLee71
03-23-09, 21:38
well aint that just a bunch of wonderful news.so,because i supported ron paul,the only non-c.f.r presidential candidate,the only candidate who might have had the country's and it's citizen's best interest's in mind,i'm a domestic terrorist? guess king george said the same thing about our founding fathers! if this is the kinda crap a gov't is trying to concoct against free citizens.....well,i guess there is a HUGE problem.
america:freedom to facism is an eye opener(as is this missouri paper labeling the most of us!!),so is operation vampire killer.you guys should google that.its written by arizona's most decorated (ever) leo.

Sudden
03-24-09, 14:51
You have to admit our founding fathers were revolutionaries. :D

Outlander Systems
03-24-09, 18:25
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/first100days/2009/03/23/fusion-centers-expand-criteria-identify-militia-members/

Outlander Systems
03-28-09, 10:14
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBbG9asAHu0

fruitjacket
03-28-09, 13:38
http://www.kansascity.com/637/story/1109096.html

Missouri Highway Patrol retracts controversial report on militia activity
By JASON NOBLE

The Missouri Highway Patrol this week retracted a controversial report on militia activity and will change how such reports are reviewed before being distributed to law enforcement agencies.

The Highway Patrol also will open an investigation into the origin of the report, which linked conservative groups with domestic terrorism and named former presidential candidates Ron Paul, Bob Barr and Chuck Baldwin.

The Highway Patrol’s announcement followed a news conference in which Lt. Gov. Peter Kinder, a Republican, suggested putting the director of public safety on administrative leave and investigating how the report was produced.

The uproar revolves around a report released last month by the Missouri Information Analysis Center, a “fusion center” for local, state and federal law enforcement agencies to collaborate on domestic security issues. The report concerned militia movements in Missouri and across the U.S., and described how they had evolved over the last several years.

But it suggested that domestic militias often subscribed to radical ideologies rooted in Christian views and opposition to immigration, abortion or federal taxes. The report also stated that it was “not uncommon” for militia members to support third-party political candidates.

The Highway Patrol’s superintendent, Col. James F. Keathley, released a memo saying the report did not meet the agency’s standard for quality and would not have been released if it had been seen by top officials.

“For that reason,” Keathley wrote, “I have ordered the MIAC to permanently cease distribution of the militia report.”

The memo noted the report was compiled by an employee of the information analysis center and reviewed only by the center director before being sent to law enforcement agencies across the state.

In the future, Keathley wrote, reports from the center will be reviewed by leaders of the Highway Patrol and the Department of Public Safety.

On Thursday, Gov. Jay Nixon, a Democrat, expressed support for Keathley’s order and distanced his administration from the process that allowed the report to be released.

“Under a previous system, MIAC would prepare and distribute these reports to law enforcement agencies without review or approval from the colonel of the Highway Patrol or the director of Public Safety,” Nixon said. “That’s simply not acceptable.”

Conservatives in Missouri and nationally have criticized the report for lumping people with conservative political views in with domestic terrorists and potentially opening them to harassment from law enforcement.

Before Keathley’s memo was released Wednesday, Kinder criticized the report for suggesting that only issues championed by conservatives motivated domestic terrorists. The report “slanders” opponents of abortion and critics of illegal immigration, he said.

“Under the guidance of the present director, who apparently must think it is Nixon’s secret service, the Department of Public Safety has taken on the new and sinister role of political profiling,” Kinder said.

Also troubling Kinder said, the report makes no mention of Islamic terrorists or those who might subscribe to ideologies associated with liberals, such as environmental radicals.

The state’s response to the conservative outcry over the report evolved over the last few weeks. In one early response, the information analysis center released a statement reaffirming its “regard for the Constitutions of the United States and Missouri” and expressing regret that “any citizens or groups were unintentionally offended by the content of the document.”

Then earlier this week, Department of Public Safety Director John M. Britt retracted the portions that noted third party and Republican presidential candidates by name and sent letters of apology to the politicians.

But even with the retraction and the investigation announced Wednesday, Britt should be suspended and the General Assembly should investigate how the report was prepared, Kinder said.

“Director Britt has still not answered any of the questions about what other reports may have been developed and the procedure behind these memos,” Kinder’s spokesman, Gary McElyea, said in a statement. “Until those questions are answered Mr. Britt should be placed on immediate leave.”

Britt had no comment.