PDA

View Full Version : What did you get for Christmas? Thread

Milkman
12-21-06, 23:12
Since I am traveling during the Christmas holidays we opened our Christmas gifts this morning. My lovely wife bought me a ChargeMaster electronic powder thrower/scale. She said she was tired of hearing me complain about straining my eyes and back looking at "that piece of sh!t beam scale."

Anyone get anything besides underwear and socks?

K.L. Davis
12-21-06, 23:29
Red Ryder carbine-action, two hundred shot Range Model air rifle BB gun with a compass in the stock and a thing which tells time

TOrrock
12-22-06, 00:27
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v613/Tim_Orrock/Arsenal%20SLR-106FR/NewBulgarianHotness003.jpg

Bulldog1967
12-22-06, 00:39
http://www.tvnetworkshop.co.uk/acatalog/Bowflex_SelectTech_stand.jpg

Get my ass back in shape! :eek:

VA_Dinger
12-22-06, 03:01
PACT Club Timer III & new fleece jacket.

My wife and children are keeping the rest a secret.

Rob96
12-22-06, 03:24
An iPod for working out, two bottles of cologne.

M4arc
12-22-06, 05:22
Red Ryder carbine-action, two hundred shot Range Model air rifle BB gun with a compass in the stock and a thing which tells time

"You'll shoot your eye out kid"

The kids got me a new pair of Oakley M Frames to replace the pair I lost in the ocean back in November. The only reason I know about them is because I bought them but the wife said the kids wanted to give them to me. At least they're thoughful little buggers.

I'll find out the rest on Monday.

DrMark
12-22-06, 09:01
I'm getting a scope from the MIL for my 10/22 build.

I know because I ordered it myself. :D

rob_s
12-22-06, 10:03
We got my girlfriend's 9 year old an RC car. Guess who that gift is really for? :D

I have no idea what the girlfriend got me. My birthday is tomorrow though so I get double gifts.

Voodoochild
12-22-06, 10:55

I got the Leg Lamp.. That is a clascic movie..

cohiba
12-22-06, 11:05
Since little Cohiba arrived, Christmas is really for her now. And Mrs. Cohiba.

I'm getting some fleece pullovers, Tour of Duty 3 and Gears of War for X Box 360 and a pen. That's about it. Oh and a KAC SR25 with a Nightforce 3.5-15 x 56 in KAC rings. Other than that, not much really.

LOKNLOD
12-22-06, 11:32

I'm getting some fleece pullovers, Tour of Duty 3 and Gears of War for X Box 360 and a pen. That's about it. Oh and a KAC SR25 with a Nightforce 3.5-15 x 56 in KAC rings. Other than that, not much really.

Little LOKNLODette isn't big enough to get toys much yet and being born recently we're still riding the tidal wave of shower gifts, so she doesn't need much of anything this year. My wife and I are just setting aside a small amount of cash for each other, she wants new non-maternity clothes and I want gun stuff that no single person in the family could afford to get me.

Hopefully the cash theme will continue from the rest of the family. I think I may be getting a simple clay thrower from my parents (I'm not supposed to know that but Dad wanted to make sure I brought my shotgun...he always spills the beans).

My inlaws find me extremely difficult to buy for (not sure how "cash" is hard to understand, but it is for many folks). This year I tried to make it easy for them -- and assure I got actual usable items instead of pajamas and scarves -- so being a big dork I made a detailed Excel spreadsheet Christmas list with items, prices, and links directly the page online. All they had to do was click "add to cart" a few times and I'd have some new mags, ranger plates, Peltors, etc. Nope. Too easy. They've been calling my wife all week trying to figure out what to do as they run all over town looking for the items locally. Who knows what I will end up with now. At least they get an A for effort, bless their little hearts.

Meanwhile, I had to steer them towards local items so I might be getting the same two aforementioned Xbox360 games as Cohiba. Bro if you play online at all, I need your gamer tag so I can shoot at you for getting a friggin SR25 for Christmas...

ETA...why are my posts always so damned long? I need to learn shorthand...or just talk less.

DrMark
12-22-06, 12:05

Yep. My wife and I don't get so much for each other anymore. It's much much more about the kids now.

I'm getting some fleece pullovers, Tour of Duty 3 and Gears of War for X Box 360 and a pen.

If you saw fit to mention a pen, it must be a nice one. 10-8 duty pen?

C4IGrant
12-22-06, 12:31
We got my girlfriend's 9 year old an RC car. Guess who that gift is really for? :D

I have no idea what the girlfriend got me. My birthday is tomorrow though so I get double gifts.

Good GOD! Your B-day is on the 23rd????

Mine too. :eek:

C4

C4IGrant
12-22-06, 12:32

Christmas is everday for you! ;)

C4

K.L. Davis
12-22-06, 12:55
Good GOD! Your B-day is on the 23rd????

Mine too. :eek:

C4

Hummmm... some of these jokes write themself.

For Christmas, I got orders: Report to, PCS at home. Duty, retirement with pay. :D

M4arc
12-22-06, 13:46

For Christmas, I got orders: Report to, PCS at home. Duty, retirement with pay. :D

Congratulations man! Enjoy your retirement.

Oh is that all???

Bastard :mad:

j/k :D

DrMark
12-22-06, 13:53

LOL!

Congrats!

cohiba
12-22-06, 13:56
Yep. My wife and I don't get so much for each other anymore. It's much much more about the kids now.

If you saw fit to mention a pen, it must be a nice one. 10-8 duty pen?

I had a really nice Mont Blanc rollerball that I got for a law school graduation gift. I only used it to sign arrest warrants so in the office we called it "The Pen of Justice". This year, someone stole it from my briefcase IN THE COURTHOUSE. Bastid!!!!

Now, there shall be a new Pen of Justice (another Mont Blanc) and criminals shall tremble at its fury. :D

cohiba
12-22-06, 13:58
Congratulations man! Enjoy your retirement.

Oh is that all???

Bastard :mad:

j/k :D

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to notice that. It's sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. ;)

Voodoochild
12-22-06, 14:22
Glock 23

9x19
12-22-06, 14:52

Congratulations!

Boris
12-22-06, 14:57
I got myself a M&P9.

subzero
12-22-06, 15:40
I think I just found my Christmas gift on TOS...another Adco RRA 1911! Now I can send my current one off to get hard chromed or something to combat all of the holster wear it has seen.

rob_s
12-22-06, 16:35
I think I just found my Christmas gift on TOS...another Adco RRA 1911! Now I can send my current one off to get hard chromed or something to combat all of the holster wear it has seen.
Oh, you dirty bastard. If I had seen that before you.....:mad:

DrMark
12-22-06, 19:36
I think I just found my Christmas gift on TOS...another Adco RRA 1911!

Great price on that one!

JLM
12-22-06, 21:28
Peltor Tac-Sports, bye bye annoying Tac-6 clipping BS :D

KL, you are a sick man :p Congrats on retiring.

D1g1talV3n0m@adelphia.net
12-31-06, 01:56
Money, money, money.

I bought myself with that money...

500 rounds of Federal AE .223 62gr FMJ, some Black Hills Match .223, White Oak Armament 20" Varmint Upper, Bushnell Elite 4200 6-24x40mm, Burris Signature Zee Rings, RRA Lower with 2 Stage NM, Magpul PRS, Quake Claw sling for my Rem. 700 VSF, .308 Match ammo & .308 Federal Vital Shok Nosler SB (Was a great price on MidwayUSA), bunch of cleaning stuff. That's all the firearms related stuff.

lindertw
12-31-06, 03:48
I got my first AR (CMMG M10 16" mid-length MedCon):

http://mysite.verizon.net/tlinderman/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/dsc01743.jpg

Next on the menu is a carbine class or two...