PDA

View Full Version : That was my President

Sam
03-21-09, 14:55
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX3aaWlUmpc&feature=related

He wasn't perfect but he stood by those that protected him. They throw shoes at him, some tried to keep his bodyguard from entering the building, he wouldn't have none of it. I respected the man more than "that one" that appeared on some late night show.

JHC
03-21-09, 16:30
I will defend W to my last breadth. No Prez is perfect but he accomplished a great deal of heavy lifting with a bitter disloyal opposition from the national Dem leadership and much of the msm.
- 50 million souls liberating from islamo- or baathist fascism
- tens of thousands of dead jihadis
- millions saved in sub-Sahara Africa in the HIV/Aids and malaria campaigns
- a growing economy for 6-7 of his 8 years (tax cuts)
- ALQ shattered (around the world but esp in THEIR quagmire of Iraq
-AQ Kahn nuke blackmarket ring busted up
- Libyan WMD program turned over
- Iraq's terrorism continuing education system closed, WMD "programs" destroyed (google "550 tons of Yellowcake" to see the sheaat we DID find)
- Counterinsurgency historical averages of 10 years is blown away by conventional then COIN success in a historically short period - all errors notwithstanding
- Kyoto Accord snuffed
- UN Small Arms disarmament effort snuffed
- US participation in the International Court snuffed
- nuclear technology agreements with India, one of the major power players in the future
- Patriot Act sanity
- FISA court reform sanity
- NATO ABM shield agreements
- Alito and Roberts to SCOTUS (see 2nd Amendment ruling)
- Faith Based Initiative and No Child Left Behind
- . . . for starters

Current events makes the spendy Bush and Congress seem like pikers.

SHIVAN
03-21-09, 16:41
- Patriot Act sanity
- FISA court reform sanity

He did a lot of good things, but these two are marginal or bad for historical purposes, and are sure to be abused later by someone with a lower moral standard of "right and wrong".

Count on it.

TRD
03-21-09, 22:24
Agreed. Bush was a good man and president who took nonsense from no one.

As was mentioned, not all of his decisions were perfect, but no President ever had to deal with the stuff he did.

He will always have my respect and admiration.

bkb0000
03-21-09, 22:32
i got two W stickers on my truck.. W'04 and W'08

Ridge_Runner_5
03-21-09, 22:44
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v468/VitaminG/Presidents.jpg

sjc3081
03-21-09, 22:52
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v468/VitaminG/Presidents.jpg

Were did you get this pic. I would like to get a high quality print for framing.

DrMark
03-21-09, 22:58
Were did you get this pic. I would like to get a high quality print for framing.

It's available, though I don't really know where.

I saw a nice framed version in a store in downtown Charleston, SC last month.

randyman_ar
03-21-09, 23:02

Don't know where it came from but my dad sent it to me in an email with the tag line.."so I said to him, Barak I know Abe Lincoln...and you ain't him!"

No W wasn't perfect but he was light years ahead of what we have now. God help us all.

FromMyColdDeadHand
03-21-09, 23:18
In the Democratic version, Clinton says to Kennedy "You've got me beat there, but I bet I've had more Asians..."

DocHolliday01
03-21-09, 23:41

He wasn't perfect but he stood by those that protected him. They throw shoes at him, some tried to keep his bodyguard from entering the building, he wouldn't have none of it. I respected the man more than "that one" that appeared on some late night show.

He will be missed more every day of the current administrations existance.

randyman_ar
03-22-09, 01:52
http://www.bonanzle.com/booths/barbaraanns/items/Grand_Ol__Gang_by_Andy_Thomas_8_Republican_Presidents

Here it is. A bit pricey, might want to shop around. The print is titled 'A Grand Old Gang ' by Andy Thomas.

wargasm
03-22-09, 02:01
I served and fought under "The Gipper". Now that's a hard act to follow!

chadbag
03-22-09, 02:22
The thing about W is that you believed that he believed in what he was doing. Not just advancing some sort of ideology or that he was God's gift to mankind.

he also did not let politics intrude too much into his decision making. He refused to dishonor the office by doing so. Even now he does not fight back nor try to tear BO down out of respect for the office.

I disagree with a lot of what he did -- mostly related to spending. But I also supported a lot of what he did to protect the USA and to make the world a better place. One analyst I read a few years ago said that if what you were doing was not popular on the streets of Europe you were probably doing the right thing. W knew that...

But he worked hard and had to make hard decisions on bringing the fight to the enemy no matter if it was popular or not. Unlike his predecessor and his follow-on, he was not poll driven or driven by a messiah complex.

While he did a lot of stupid things (immigration, spending, etc) he was an honorable President and is an honorable man.

Cohibra45
03-22-09, 09:54

I like that he truly had a leave no man behind.........we stand together/die together!!!

Joe_Friday
03-22-09, 11:57
Even in South Georgia where the vast majority of the people I know are Conservative Republicans, I still have to stand up for W about once a week. He gets blamed for everything including Syphilis. My standard response to the lib. dem. sheeple is always the same; Who could have done better. Both of his terms were plagued with the worst of the worst. The largest terrorist incident on US soil with the largest life loss. Then one of the largest natural disasters in Katrina, followed by hurricane after hurricane. Then wildfires and mudslides that seemed to never end. To top it all off, we are fighting wars in two countries. The dems and anti-W people want to always bring up the fact that he put us in a deficit and we started into a recession. Thats true but it also always occurs when we go to war and some of these people need to stand up and admit that they are part of the problem themselves.

If you go to the bank and ask them how much house you can afford you are already behind the curve and are heading down a winding path. Why not tell the Loan Officer how much you can pay and ask how much house that will get you. When I did this the loan officer, a friend of mine, said that I was not doing it right and that people just wanted to know how much they could get. When I explained that I knew how much I wanted to pay a month and I did not want to go over that amount she was shocked and said that of all the years she had been an LO people had seldom been that logical.

Another thing that I will admit is that I did not always agree with some of his choices but in light of his situation I commend him and think that he was a great POTUS. He just had terms filled with issues that no other Pres. had to deal with in such such order. I liked him so much that after BO was elected I just told everyone that I was going to stick with W as my Pres. but after thinking about it I did not think that it was fair to let W take the blame again for someone elses mistakes.

Well I will get off my tirade, but if you can't tell I am a W fan through and through.

Sam
03-22-09, 17:41
I liked him so much that after BO was elected I just told everyone that I was going to stick with W as my Pres.
Well I will get off my tirade, but if you can't tell I am a W fan through and through.

I'm with you on the above statement. Right after the election, a friend forwarded a newsletter from Gabe Suarez to me. It had 7 items that Suarez said he will do, the first item was:

1). As far as I am concerned, I do not have a president. Obama (excuse me while I spit) will not get any support or respect or anything from me but disgust. That is that. We move on.

That had been my sentiment since 11/4/08. My President was W until 1/20/09.

fruitjacket
03-22-09, 17:59
I don't agree with his lack of fiscal responsibility.
I don't agree with his approach to border control, especially during a time where we're told we're at war and we have to "protect our borders".
I don't agree AT ALL with the Patriot Act, the Military Commissions Act or Presidential Directive 51.
I don't agree with the way the government overall handled Katrina (but then again, I don't believe the federal government should have anything to do with it..but that's more a political philosophical argument outsdie the context of this thread).

Overall, as a Conservative/Libertarian, I thought he handled some things incredibly well, and absolutely blew others.

Was he better than Obama? Depends on the context of the conversation.
But at least with Obama you KNOW he's going to screw up our Representative Republic, Free Markets, Strong National Defense and Capitalism; whereas Bush did it in disgquise. Color me divided on that answer.

randyman_ar
03-22-09, 20:55
We've all seen the 'I miss Bill' bumper stickers. I bet its not too long before we start seeing "I miss W". I do already.

FromMyColdDeadHand
03-22-09, 21:32
We've all seen the 'I miss Bill' bumper stickers. I bet its not too long before we start seeing "I miss W". I do already.

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVXYZ
Bring Back W

Gutshot John
03-22-09, 23:11
I don't agree with his approach to border control, especially during a time where we're told we're at war and we have to "protect our borders".
I don't agree AT ALL with the Patriot Act, the Military Commissions Act or Presidential Directive 51.
I don't agree with the way the government overall handled Katrina (but then again, I don't believe the federal government should have anything to do with it..but that's more a political philosophical argument outsdie the context of this thread).

Overall, as a Conservative/Libertarian, I thought he handled some things incredibly well, and absolutely blew others.

But at least with Obama you KNOW he's going to screw up our Representative Republic, Free Markets, Strong National Defense and Capitalism; whereas Bush did it in disgquise. Color me divided on that answer.

Very well said. I don't find him to be a particularly conservative individual, but all in all he did pretty well as a wartime president.

Unfortunately his ineptitude also resulted in Obama, albeit not deliberately, it put everything that conservatism stands for at risk.

fruitjacket
03-22-09, 23:17
Very well said. I don't find him to be a particularly conservative individual, but all in all he did pretty well as a wartime president.

Unfortunately his ineptitude also resulted in Obama, albeit not deliberately, it put everything that conservatism stands for at risk.

I don't think many people can argue that Bush's policies, combined with a very powerful liberal media, made it a slam dunk that the Dems would win POTUS and Congress. THAT'S what really upsets me.

I don't want to turn this into an Obama thread, but the man is CLEARLY way in over his head. The fact that we are facing a very serious economic situation doesn't stop him from pushing his agenda whatsoever. I truly fear the direction we are headed, and I actually had some 'hope' he might NOT be a true politician...but I'm quickly learning he is nothing but.

Disciple
03-23-09, 02:54

This is not a print, but it would make a good desktop wallpaper. Link. (http://media.washingtontimes.com/media/img/photos/2008/09/16/20080915-205220-pic-34536488.jpg)

Joe_Friday
03-23-09, 10:54
This not a print, but it would make a good desktop wallpaper. Link. (http://media.washingtontimes.com/media/img/photos/2008/09/16/20080915-205220-pic-34536488.jpg)

It's been mine since I saw this last night!!! :D

au1776
03-23-09, 10:58
Good summary. Also, while I'm not interested in bashing the one President who has taken at least some stand against Islamic terrorism, his perpetuation of the "hijacked religion" myth did substantial damage. Of course it is fine to reach out to pro-pluralism Muslims, but it isn't just those who've taken up arms that threaten western ideology.

Koby
03-23-09, 12:09

Here:

http://www.asimplertime.com/gifts/dept.asp?s_id=0&dept_name=Grand+Ol%27+Gang&dept_id=987&gclid=CI7_96TDuZkCFQUWGgodK2TD6A

JHC
03-24-09, 13:00
W signed a few bills into law he should have vetoed for sure.
And I have always been puzzled about his immigration plan. IMO, the managed guest worker plan was very sound but I never could understand the reticence about securing that border too. I've come across a peek behind the curtain of some other national security issues which almost cause me to think there is a deal cut with Mexico about access to their oil fields in the event of a major shut down of OPEC supplies. But that may be getting into tinfoil territory. :p

As far as the Patriot Act and FISA court reform - it appears to me that the reality of those is that bunged up as intel sharing was, and unweildy as FISA court approval was - those problems were likely to cause further loss of innocent life at the hands of foreign terrs. And if they continue to be used (properly as the NCIS background checks) for thier stated purpose, my web surfing habits :eek: should be secure. LOL

Great wallpaper pic BTW. Thanks much.

brantley65
03-24-09, 18:59
I have said this and been mocked for it, but history will bear out the George W. Bush was a great president and a God send on 9/11.

TurretGunner
03-25-09, 10:12
Its amazing how short sighted so many people are. He was probaly one of the worst presidents we have had in recent history.

PATRIOT act?
No child left behind?
Half ass ****ed up war in afganistan?
Not using intel from proven assets and instead letting OBL excape at Tora Bora? Bullshit invasion of Iraq?
Bullshit occupation of Iraq?
Treachourous abuse of power and resources by said occupiers ( namely contractors and government workers abusing our treasury)
Uncontrollable Fiscal Spending.
No-bid Contracts to favorable companies.
Detaining of persons without due process.
Basicaly ignoring the 4th,5th,6th,8th, and 10th amendments.
Using Government Money to Bail out Flawed companies who made poor decisions.
Alowing the Mexican boarder to remain for the most part open.

Yea he was a great ****ing guy. We lost more freedoms and had more of an impact to our everyday way of life since the 1940's. But its ok beacuse the islamo-facists did it to us and were just playing ball............RIGHT