PDA

View Full Version : my cbob 1911 sometimes wont chamber the first round when racked by hand.

davebee456
03-21-09, 17:34
This has happened to me at 3 times at the range. All 8 round mags wilson and cmc power mags.... I'll fire to gun till empty then Insert fully loaded magazine
Rack the slide back then pull trigger then NO BANG...
I could have sworn the mag was properly seated too...
But no round was chambered....is this a common problem
Is there is an easy fix? Is it cause the 8 round mags are fairly new?

Other than that i think my cbob works great..if the slide is locked open and i put a 8 round magazine in and use the slide release.

Anyone here have that problem??

DRich
03-21-09, 17:52
I have several 10mm and .45ACP CBOB's and I've never had that particular problem.

I'm assuming your CBOB is a .45ACP. Does it do with with both brands of mags? I only use Wilson 47D's and they have been flawless. I haven't tried McCormick mags in a long time since they didn't work well with a few of my other 1911's.

the_1iviper
03-21-09, 21:29
i picked up a cbob in jan. and only have about 500 rounds through it but it has run without a problem with the dw mags a tripp cobra mag and 7 and 8 round kimber pro tac mags.

i love that gun :p

MarshallDodge
03-21-09, 21:42
I have no experience with Wilson mags.

The CMC Power mags seem to have too strong of a spring for my taste. Until recently I had been using the CMC Shooting Star mags and they worked great in everything I own including the CBOB.

Midway had a sale on the Power mags so I picked up a few to try out and am seeing issues with nosediving.