PDA

View Full Version : Picked up my first Carry Gun!

codman
03-22-09, 17:34
Went and bought a S&W 442 that cabelas had on sale yesterday. I couldnt lug the 1911 around concealably . So picked this one up for fitting in my cargo pants pocket and i love it shot it at the folks house today and its got some snot for it. Let my Pops shoot her and he liked it hoping to maybe add a set of CTC laser grips on it eventually. Heres some pictures of it! I just need to find some good Defense ammo and test it on paper. Before i decided on this gun i was looking at a Taurus ultra lite 85 and it was just cheap quality compared to the smith. Im very happy with this as my first main Carry Gun and Wheel gun!

Dan

Buckaroo
03-22-09, 21:02
Congratulations! Nice revolver indeed.

Shoot it!!!

Buckaroo

firecop019
03-22-09, 21:14
Congrats on the new gun.

I'd look into the 125gr short barrel round from Speer, it's a thumper out of the ultra light gun but it performs. The other is the Corbon 110gr DPX, it's also a good choice and little lighter on the recoil. I'm pretty sure Doc has a post down in the terminal ballistic section.

The Dumb Gun Collector
03-22-09, 21:57
Excellent choice. Be smart and keep shooting that gun until it turns to dust. Don't get in the endless "this next gun will be my carry gun" craziness like me. That is a solid, smart choice.

8200rpm
03-22-09, 22:37
I don't see a hole for the lock in the pic. Is there a hole?

cathellsk
03-22-09, 23:53
Nice no lock 442. I have one of those and a no lock 642. I carry the Speer 135gr. JHP short barrel load. This is getting a good street record according to reports I've heard from NYPD and LAPD.
Read this topic by DocGKR http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=19914

wargasm
03-23-09, 00:04
Nice CC pocket rocket!

codman
03-23-09, 05:15
Yeah i cant believe how it feels when in my pocket it kinda feels like a cell phone in my pocket. I paired it up with a Uncle Mikes Pocket holster and works really nice together i need to get some more pants though for carrying. Has anyone every tryed the 5.11 Tactical Cargo Pants from LA Police Gear? One of my main reasons for this Gun was for when my girl and I go on trail walks in the woods who knows what is out there!

Dan

ccoker
03-26-09, 09:27
I've got one too.
Speer 135g gold dot for short barrel for me

I want to put a set of CT laser grips on it

yeah, I would rather have my full sized 1911 if I had to use it but the little 38 is a lot easier to have on me