PDA

View Full Version : 3000 S&W ( Mossberg)

blktie8
03-22-09, 20:30
I bought a S&W 3000 for my son in the 1980's era

We still have the Shotgun and just shot it Yesterday with buck and Slugs the gun is the best shotgun (IMHO) all steel

The question I don't see any Bling for it like the mag extension
Rifle sighted barrel
The barrels are no where to be found for this fine SHS
It has thousands of rounds thru it and still running strong .
Thanks

williejc
03-22-09, 20:56
One reason for finding no extras for your gun is that Mossberg has been unsuccessful at marketing shotguns other than the 500/maverick series pumps.
Their auto's have had a poor sales record, and nobody is likely to design and offer accessories for stuff that doesn't sell. Notice that I did not say that your gun is not a good one.

Buckshot TX
03-22-09, 21:39
The 3000 was a near copy of the Remington 870 built by Howa in Japan. It's an outstanding shotgun that never got it's due. Once upon a time, Choate made mag extensions for it. I'd keep my eyes on Gunbroker for barrels & extensions. Also, Gun Parts Corp still has Rifle sight barrels & folding stocks available for it.

blktie8
03-22-09, 21:48
The 3000 was a near copy of the Remington 870 built by Howa in Japan. It's an outstanding shotgun that never got it's due. Once upon a time, Choate made mag extensions for it. I'd keep my eyes on Gunbroker for barrels & extensions. Also, Gun Parts Corp still has Rifle sight barrels & folding stocks available for it.

It sounds like (Willy JC. and Buckshot TX )
Know how great a gun this really is
Thanks for the info I'll keep my eyes open
The Gun still belongs to my son now 35
Many dispatched rabbits and deer.
Runs flawlessly .
The next thing he wants , is to Duracoat it
Whats the take on that
John