PDA

View Full Version : sling question

calicojack
03-22-09, 21:35
I'm looking at the gear sector gs-2p and the viking tactics slings. currently i have a rocky mountain tactical "delta sling" which is a combo of three different slings in one.

My question is on functionality. it is my understanding that you have to pull the tab towards the weapon to tighten the sling on both models correct? with the RMT delta you have to pull the tab towards your body, and it don't work so well.

SwatDawg15
03-22-09, 23:08
I'm looking at the gear sector gs-2p and the viking tactics slings. currently i have a rocky mountain tactical "delta sling" which is a combo of three different slings in one.

My question is on functionality. it is my understanding that you have to pull the tab towards the weapon to tighten the sling on both models correct? with the RMT delta you have to pull the tab towards your body, and it don't work so well.

Yes, thats correct.

calicojack
03-31-09, 20:45
so i got the viking tactics and put it on my ak and moved my rmt sling to the shotgun. so far i don't like either.

On the viking i can tighten it almost to the point where i want it, but then i can't reach and release the slide release to make it longer when deploying the weapon.

on the rmt it's the exact reverse. i can loosen it, but being that the rmt delta sling is the reverse of the viking; you have to pull the strap towards your neck instead of towards the weapon; i can release it, but not easily tighten it.

I think with the viking tactics sling, if they reversed the length of the webbing it would work better. make the adjustable side the longer side; and make the side that goes to the stock shorter it would work a lot better.

Shihan
04-01-09, 00:26
I run the GS on all of my stuff.. Its a great sling and dosent have the long ass Vickings tail.