PDA

View Full Version : Wilson Combat Rebuilds?

FlyAndFight
12-22-06, 16:01
I got a good deal a few months back on a police trade-in 870 magnum which appears to have seen better days. I was planning on sending it to Wilson Combat for their "scattergun technologies remington steal" service.

Would like to know if anyone has any feedback regarding the service.

Here's a link: http://www.wilsoncombat.com/s_remingtion_steal.asp

Thanks!

olds442tyguy
12-22-06, 17:28
I wouldn't do it if I were you.

A] While it says replace worn and damaged parts, I believe they still charge you for the cost of the parts.

B] You already have a 3" chamber.

C] If it's a Police Magnum model or most made after the late 80's, you probably already have the "flexi-tab anti jam system". (See picture below for clarification.)

D] The spring and follower set up is about $10 and a child could probably change them out in less than a minute.

E] Home repark jobs cost about $30, and having someone else do it would only be a few dollars more.

So basically, you would be paying $200 for a repark and a follower and spring. For $200 you could have a professional refinish using higher quality finish materials that are 100 times better than parkerizing.

*If your shell carrier has the cuts in it as circled in this picture, you have no need for the "Flexitab" system.

FJB
12-22-06, 17:39
My recommendation would be to send it to Hans Vang of VangComp www.vangcompsystems.com He is the only aftermarket vendor that Remington will warrenty the work. DEA and NAVSPECWAR use him exclusively for the mods done on their shotguns. As P.R. says, "In police work they call that a clue." His work doesn't come cheap but then again how much is your life worth to you.

My 870 has been gone over by Hans and it now keeps all nine 00B pellets in a 15" circle at 25 yards.

S/F