PDA

View Full Version : Travis HAley/Magpul Dynamics on Top Sniper on the Military Channel

adh
03-24-09, 08:35
Travis/Magpul had some commentary on "Top Sniper" which aired last night on the Military Channel. Evidently this was a two part show and I only caught part of part one (I got both parts on the DVR). Anyway, I happened to catch part of the show with Tavis' commentary on taking shots from a helo; very professional and some good exposure for ya'll. Congrats.

Littlelebowski
03-24-09, 11:04
Anyone have links to this?

Rider79
03-24-09, 15:10
If it's like any of the other programming on the Military Channel they'll replay the show about 900 times over the next couple months so there shouldn't be any problem catching it.

lindertw
03-24-09, 18:33
Anyone have links to this?

24MAR09 schedule (http://military.discovery.com/tv-schedules/daily.html):

Top Sniper Long Range Education @ 9pm
Top Sniper Stealth Education @ 10pm

Yesterday's (23MAR09) schedule was Top Sniper Education @ 9pm followed by Top Sniper Urban Combat @ 10pm

OPPFOR
03-24-09, 18:49
I saw this. It was interesting to see the swat team smoke the military teams from the helo.

SIMPLYDYNAMIC
03-24-09, 21:51
I saw this. It was interesting to see the swat team smoke the military teams from the helo.

Ya that was awsome! I knew they would win just because of their attitude going into it...no stress!

JackOSU
03-24-09, 23:30
Ya that was awsome! I knew they would win just because of their attitude going into it...no stress!

I have been watching the show the past few nights as well and was wondering what you thought of the different shooting styles and equipment amongst teams?

I was also wondering since the AMU won the event what things did you see that you thought helped them with the win? Is just having quite a bit more trigger time over the rest of the competitors a huge advantage?

Thanks again for your insight on the program and your service!

JohnN
03-25-09, 14:44
Looked like one of the Army teams was using an HK45 for a sidearm. Any feedback?

TomD
03-25-09, 14:55
As to the AMU team winning, shooting IS their job AND both of the SFCs were wearing Ranger battalion combat patches so they also have 'practical experience' shall we say. I would REALLY like to know what chassis & muzzle brake they were using on their bolt gun.

Cold Zero
03-25-09, 16:48
Travis schooled everyone during a couple of interviews.

Honu
03-25-09, 17:26
watched all the episodes :) very cool to watch and one of my fav channels :)