PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watch The Unit?

Blinking Dog
03-24-09, 13:36
I noticed in the credits for last Sunday's The Unit that Pete Blaber got a credit for "story." Anyone else notice that? Did Eric Haney quit working on the show?

AMMOTECH
03-24-09, 14:06
I watch it. Not bad for what it is.

Sam
03-24-09, 14:30
I noticed in the credits for last Sunday's The Unit that Pete Blaber got a credit for "story." Anyone else notice that? Did Eric Haney quit working on the show?

I googled the name Pete Blaber, apparently he was one of the former commander of the real Unit. He wrote a book after he left the Army. I guess Haney was done with the show.

Blinking Dog
03-24-09, 14:39
Yeah, I read Blaber's book The Mission, The Men and Me. It was pretty good. Not really a tell-all, and he was up-front about that in the book, but pretty cool nonetheless. Before I read it I inquired about him and got word back that he was legit.

Anyway, seems like there has been a lot of negative reaction to Haney so I was wondering if he was not invited back to work on the show...or they just needed fresh ideas from a been there done that guy.

Kimbo
03-24-09, 14:48
I like the show, and try to watch it every sunday when it's on. I definitely don't like the new opening theme music. The old cadence theme was better. Another thing that bothers me about the show is that there really isn't a solid storyline from episode to episode. But still very cool none the less.

Rider79
03-24-09, 15:16
I still watch it pretty regularly, but I missed alot of last season because I wasn't TiVoing it. From what I'm seeing now it seems like the show may have Jumped the Shark.

Shotdown
03-24-09, 15:25
Love the show. I've been watching it since day 1.

seb5
03-24-09, 15:35
I don't care if it's real, I don't care that it's cheesy, I still watch it and have since day one. I like it. It's what TV is supposed to be, fun. Unlike that damned liberal SWAT team from Canada. That's just stupid.

Caeser25
03-24-09, 17:34
I watch it, I missed the first episode thinking it would stupid like the swat show, the main actors are good.

Tipy
03-24-09, 17:53
SGM Haney is still there. Several weeks ago the Col. (Tom) did a flash back to when he was recruited into the Army. Haney played the recruiter.
S/F
Tipy

Kimbo
03-24-09, 18:11
Nothing like Dennis Haysbert kicking down doors and killing terrorists on the show then during commercial he's selling insurance hahaha.

Ghostface03
03-24-09, 18:34
My brother is in to this show. I might have to have a look see.

Shadow1198
03-24-09, 23:40
The full version of the original theme:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noLZKYCBDs0&feature=related

I like the show as I like anything that has remotely anything to do with SF type stuff. Though the past couple seasons there have been an increasing number of episodes with some pretty ridiculous and, IMO, unrealistic crap. I still watch it because there still isn't another show like it unfortunately. Anyone remember that show Soldier of Fortune (aka Special Ops Force) from ~'97-98? That was another decent one.

Yeah, that Flashpoint show is pretty gay. ;)

wargasm
03-25-09, 03:14
The Unit is one of my favorite shows. Jericho was tops though. Don't know why they didn't continue.

D-Bo
03-25-09, 19:20
I don't care if it's real, I don't care that it's cheesy, I still watch it and have since day one. I like it. It's what TV is supposed to be, fun. Unlike that damned liberal SWAT team from Canada. That's just stupid.

+1

I like the actors and it's a fun watch, like you said what tv is supposed to be.

The full version of the original theme:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noLZKYCBDs0&feature=related

I like the show as I like anything that has remotely anything to do with SF type stuff. Though the past couple seasons there have been an increasing number of episodes with some pretty ridiculous and, IMO, unrealistic crap. I still watch it because there still isn't another show like it unfortunately. Anyone remember that show Soldier of Fortune (aka Special Ops Force) from ~'97-98? That was another decent one.

Yeah, that Flashpoint show is pretty gay. ;)

Thanks for posting this, definitely the better theme song.

SloaneRanger
03-25-09, 21:37
Anyone remember that show Soldier of Fortune (aka Special Ops Force) from ~'97-98?

Yeah I remember that one. Had the guy who looks like Tom Berenger and the auburn haired chick who became the bitchy mom of the skinny chick in the show OC...
The show went downhill quick..Didn't that freak Dennis Rodman get in it at the end or am I remembering that incorrectly...

As for the Unit..I've caught only a few episodes..It's OK but the producers have it so far from being realistic and the "Wife Gestapo" gets on my nerves..who gives a shit about their tupperware parties and make the shows more realistic.. I prefered the show "E" ring ..

Buckeye67
03-25-09, 21:45
First two seasons were pretty good. Started going downhill about the time they changed the theme music. :p

I think it jumped the shark with the "Indiana SnakeDoc and the Spear that Pierced Christ" episode. :eek:

10MMGary
03-26-09, 11:59
I still watch it pretty regularly, but I missed alot of last season because I wasn't TiVoing it. From what I'm seeing now it seems like the show may have Jumped the Shark.

I am/was a huge fan and I am afraid you are correct. They were building the ramp for the jump when they started using spouses in the missions.

ThirdWatcher
03-26-09, 15:12
I agree. Nonetheless, I still watch it but it's just entertainment.:)

Cameron
03-26-09, 15:59
I think it jumped the shark with the "Indiana SnakeDoc and the Spear that Pierced Christ" episode. :eek:

Yeah that was a weird episode...