PDA

View Full Version : Pachmayr Grips on a SA Professional?

Race
03-24-09, 15:00
Has anyone here put Pachmayr grips on a SA Professional? If so, does the 20 lpi checkering eat through the grips? It seems like it would happen fairly quickly.

Thanks.

the1911fan
03-24-09, 15:46
Not the same, but I have CT lasergrips on my Pro and no ill effects on the side that contacts the frontstrap

VooDoo6Actual
03-25-09, 07:46
NO, the checkering will not eat though the rubber grips.

Ed L.
03-25-09, 08:39
I have this setup and the checkering does not eat through the grips. Since the Professional has an ambi safety, you will likely need a dremmel to clear away some of the pachmayr grip and the metal underpart on the right side of the gun near the ambi safety. It's actually easy to do. Remove a little at a time and try it on the gun until the grip fits on the gun.

Race
03-25-09, 09:04
Thanks for the replies. I had Springfield replace the ambi with a single side safety, so I'm good there.

I have two Professionals and am thinking about trying the Pachmayrs on one of them. I'm probably going to sell the other one, since I have a Custom Carry in a similar configuration, except with 30 lpi checkering. The 20 lpi checkering is too coarse for my needs. As others have said, it's best for open carry, not under a jacket. It also gets uncomfortable after shooting a lot of rounds in one session.

I've always liked Pachmayrs on 1911s. If I had it to do over again, I would have ordered some of my other 1911s without front checkering - with CT or Pachmayr grips, it's a waste of money. The 30 lpi checkering is fine on the others.

Race
03-27-09, 19:25
Well, I realized I hadn't thought this through - It didn't occur to me that the Pachmayrs are not cut for the S&A mag well.