PDA

View Full Version : Hey Raven Guys

epf
03-24-09, 19:17
For those of you that run Raven Concealment setups, What belts do you guys prefer? I previously used 1.75 inch rigger belts from TAG and TAC TAILOR because that is what I wear for ACU's, but the standard Raven width is 1.5.

After testing a Phantom I have decided to go "all in" and have a Pmag pouch, double mag, and an additional Phantom for another setup on the way.

I am a little concerned about weight with the rifle mag pouch as well as space since some rigger belts have quite a bit of Fold over area where the belt doubles back on itself.

Suggestions Appreciated,

E

Steve
03-24-09, 21:20
I run my raven kit's with a wilderness 5 stich belt 1.75 all the time

holster, mag pouch, gerber tool
holster back up rig(mag pouch and second gun on suport side)
holster single m4 pouch with 20round pmag, and single handgun mag

and sometimes more:D

BobM
03-25-09, 08:49
Generally I use a 1.75" Wilderness belt, especially when wearing the Raven OWB. I've used a leather belt but the leather belt/plastic holster combo makes too much noise. With the IWB loops, either belt works well.

JohnN
03-25-09, 11:22
I run my raven kit's with a wilderness 5 stich belt 1.75 all the time

holster, mag pouch, gerber tool
holster back up rig(mag pouch and second gun on suport side)
holster single m4 pouch with 20round pmag, and single handgun mag

and sometimes more:D

I also use Phantoms both IWB and OWB with a 1.75" Wilderness belt; no issues.

Dedpoet
03-25-09, 14:15
I also run Raven gear for several different handguns and AR pouches and have until now been using a 1.75" 5.11 belt. It works great that way. One thing I'm running into lately is with 2 AR mag pouches and a double pistol pouch on my weak side (for classes and matches and the like...not for walking around) I'm having to deal with my belt loops being in the way of where I want to place my gear. After talking to a few folks about it, I think I'm going to go with a 2" duty-style belt and possibly a pad that will act as a first line belt so that belt loops won't be an issue.

Raven will ship your gear with 2" loops if you ask. I'm about to call and see if I can get some added to an order that's already in with them so that I can switch them out as needed.

Check out the last picture in this post (https://www.m4carbine.net/showpost.php?p=317280&postcount=344) by John123. That's a 2" belt