PDA

View Full Version : The throwing around of "All NFA Rules Apply"

kry226
03-25-09, 10:00
Hello to all.

As I am combing the net for available offerings of AR parts, ammo, etc., I continue to come across the omnipotent prophesy: "All NFA Rules Apply" in places where it doesn't seem necessary. I understand its use for SBRs, automatic weapons, silencers and the like, but why post this when trying to sell ammo or a BCG? Are there other clauses in the code I am missing?

Please excuse my ignorance, if necessary, but from what I know of the law, this nonchalant use of the term is unnecessary, correct?

Thanks in advance.

Robb Jensen
03-25-09, 10:09
People use it as a CYA so that they don't say sell you a shorter than 16" barrel and imply that you can stick it on any AR upper. When legally it'll have to go on a registered short barreled rifle, pistol, or registered machinegun.

sinister
03-25-09, 10:16
The reminder is to the purchaser that while it is assumed the seller may legally own/possess the part or component (due to being a licensee or having a tax stamp) that if you buy the item illegal possession leaves you open to a $10,000 fine and ten years in prison for each count/violation of the National Firearms Act of 1934.