PDA

View Full Version : Corbon .223 ammo

markm
03-25-09, 12:13
I got a chance to shoot almost a hundred rounds of the Corbon .223 ammo. I didn't get to chrono any of it yet, but I'd like to.

Anyway, I was getting pierces primers and a lot of primer flow into the firing pin hole with this stuff. Most of the Primers are pretty well flattened too.

The first day I shot the stuff, I noticed at least one pierced primer, but didn't think too much of it. The second time I shot it, I ran it through my Wylde chambered barrel and got more primer piercing and primer flow. :confused:

I'm a little nervous about this stuff. :eek:

stanlyonjr
03-26-09, 19:22
Where did you get it and what is the grain weight and type of the projectile?

markm
03-26-09, 19:42
Ammunitiontogo. 55 grain FMJ/ball ammo.

stanlyonjr
03-26-09, 19:49
I've shot Corbon ammo before and its always been hot, but I think thats a little too hot. I remember early PMC ammo back in the 80's. There QA back then was shit. I would shoot 50 45acp round and all the primers would be flat as a pancake. I don't think I would shoot anymore of that ammo. Send it back. Those guys a ammo to go seem ok. I have bought lots of ammo from them.

markm
03-27-09, 08:24
I can't remember if the description listed a velocity. I want to say 3000 fps, but I could be thinking of a different ammo.

I threw out the box because it was falling apart when I received it. And it was actually a box for some other kind of ammo that was folded inside out and had a label slapped on it. Kinda jookie. :confused:

markm
03-30-09, 11:19
One of the reps from CorBon posted on ARF that the ammo is 3000fps out of a 16 inch barrel. I hate when velocity is on the package without the barrel length. I'm going to hold on to the little I have left and run it over a chrono out of my 20 inch barrel.