PDA

View Full Version : What is a good IWB holster for comfort.

ROADKING
03-25-09, 16:35
Just wanting to know what a good name brand relitively cheap IWB holster would be to get for the GLOCK 19. And were to buy it.

woodandsteel
03-25-09, 16:41
I like the Comp-Tac MTac IWB. It took some getting used to, but it is what my glock 23 spends most of her time in. Although, I need to get a better belt for it.

http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=95 They do have it listed at $80.00. So I'm not sure hwo that sits with your budget. Before I had the MTac, I carried in a Don Hume. It worked well (and is a lot cheaper) But the MTac does a better job of not printing.

eta: When I said it took time getting used to, I meant as far as how it is held in place by the belt. My Don Hume had a single clip that would just slide over the belt. The Comp-Tac took a little more effort. But comfort wise, I found it to be very comfortable.

DRich
03-25-09, 16:53
Never know until you try. Just look at Milt Sparks, Brommeland, Alessi, Bulman, Tucker, Sidearmor, Comp-Tac, Raven, etc. They all make good quality holsters, but you won't know if it's comfortable for you until you try one on and wear for a while.

That's why lots of us have a "box o'holsters" in a closet somewhere...or we just take a small loss and sell them on the forums to the next guy who wants to try it out.

Personally, I stick with Sparks and Alessi since they fit me well. YMMV...

kaltblitz
03-25-09, 17:23
Since you are specifically looking for a holster for a Glock 19 (I assume) I would go with the Milt Sparks EX. I find it to be the best rig for that size of pistol.

Like DRich said, you are going to find that most of us end up with a box of holsters. I probably have twenty or more concealment holsters in my closet right now and have sold a couple dozen more on forums or Ebay over the years.

Milt Sparks and Alessi are very good. I recently have discovered TT Gunleather and 5Shot and those are my two current obsessions. You have to try out a lot of leather to find out what works for you.

My two favorite Kydex holsters are FN Designs (he only makes them for certain Glocks) and Comp-Tac.

13F3OL7
03-25-09, 17:32
Agree with what has already been said about finding what is comfortable for you. Not sure what your definition of cheap is, but for about $85 you can get Tucker Gunleather's Silent Thunder model. It's a leather lined kydex holster and they do make one that would fit your Glock.

marsmulligan
03-25-09, 18:00
For an inexpensive (cheap really isn't the word) IWB rig, I would suggest a Don Hume holster. The H715 Soft Pocket (http://www.donhume.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65_5&products_id=789) is only $18.00 (rough out kydex clip on). It can't replace my milt sparks rig, but it is a very good value. I also have a Hume PCCH IWB (http://www.donhume.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65_5&products_id=56) that has worked good for me (its ~$55 and is a little more sturdy construction).

I have ordered directly from Hume, when the product is in stock it shipped immediately, when not in stock it took about 4 weeks. I think Midway also stocks Hume.

Tucker was also mentioned. Rob at Tucker is good people, and the Silent Thunder is an excellent rig. For me, I haven’t been able to comfortably run an IWB kydex rig for any extended period. (I have dunlaps disease - my belly dunlaps over my belt). That’s just me; the Silent Thunder is 4 stars in my book.

I am not affiliated with any of these folks, and as usual, YMMV.

Mars

PRGGodfather
03-25-09, 18:30
I would encourage you to choose a holster which will allow you to reholster one-handed. Kydex holsters like the Comp-Tac or one with a reinforced mouth like the Sparks Summer Special are recommended, especially for concealed carry.

Good luck!

POF.Ops
03-25-09, 23:03
I have a Milt Sparks VMII and it is by far the most comfortable IWB holster I own.

JonInWA
03-26-09, 09:38
Blade-Tech IWB or the slightly less expensive Blade-Tech Nano IWB are the ones I personally prefer.

Best, Jon

Littlelebowski
03-26-09, 09:56
I use the Looper and it's the most comfortable appendix carry I've seen.

JohnN
03-26-09, 10:10
Try Raven Holsters, they make the most concealable Kydex IWB or OWB IMHO.

http://www.themalabarfront.com/product_info.php?cPath=82_85_92&products_id=1561

OPPFOR
03-26-09, 10:55
I use the Looper and it's the most comfortable appendix carry I've seen.

More comfortable than a leather IWB? I've been thinking about trying this holster but I'm wondering how comfortable it would be in the summer while wearing a t-shirt untucked with no under shirt.

Any experiences with the looper in the summer compared to leather holsters?

Littlelebowski
03-26-09, 11:01
I'll let you know come summer time :D

I prefer the kydex over the leather because of how high it sits (easy to draw) and how easy it is to reholster into rigid kydex versus leather.

OPPFOR
03-26-09, 11:30
That's a problem because I can't wait that long.

mosrogfor
03-26-09, 12:39
I like the Comp-Tac MTAC for IWB and the Raven Phantom for OWB.

You best bet is to find someone who has a one of the holsters you are interested in and trying it out.

KevinB
03-26-09, 12:45
It is hard to beat leather for comfort. However for retension, re-holstering and speed of draw, I use Kydex.

I had been a big Blade-Tech fan, however I have become a Raven Concealment Systems convert. Both for their OWB, and IWB. The modual holster is an outstanding design. I find the Raven holsters to be the most comfortable of the Kydex holsters.

I have a BladeTech on my hip today - but I dont yet have a Raven for my non light rail 1911, of course I should just put one of the rails I have at home on and that would solve that.

LittleRedToyota
03-26-09, 12:48
i find my comp-tac c-tac (in which i carry a glock 17) to be quite comfortable..

i actually find those $10 uncle mikes nylon IWB holsters to be very comfortable as well...but there are too many other issues with them, imho.

ra2bach
03-26-09, 21:38
when you mentioned comfort, my thoughts immediately turned to leather. of all the benefits claimed by Kydex, no one seriously contends tht it is more comfortable than leather.

I like to stick up for the little guy. I found a somewhat local guy, Andrews Custom Leather, sometime ago and I have been as pleased with his work as with anything I have ever spent my own money on.

http://www.andrewsleather.com

currently, for IWB, I use the Macdaniel II. http://www.andrewsleather.com/macdaniel2_b.jpg

and though my number is not on anyone's speed dial seeking the latest wisdom, I highly recommend it.

MeanRider
03-26-09, 21:54
+1 for Milt sparks but very long wait. Checked out andrews looks like he makes some nice stuff, but I like the western theme.

Abraxas
03-26-09, 22:19
Love my Milt VMII!! I have tried other rigs, and for me this one has been the best

Bigun
03-26-09, 22:19
I've been really happy with the Desantis Cozy Partners, It's the most comfortanble IWB I've tried. And it runs around $70.

Jerm
03-26-09, 23:36
I know its not held in the highest regard by many but im really liking my Crossbreed(leather/kydex).

I ordered it by mistake,late one night spur of the moment(meant to order the M-Tac).I decided to give it a try rather than cancel due to the free trial.Turns out i really like it.

The complaints i've heard were mostly with the clips and lack of retention...

Its not quite as tight a the Phantom but close when being worn.Im not sure why you'd need much retention when not in use?

The clips are now steel(dont think that was always the case) and seem nice and solid to me.

Its by far the most comfortable IWB i've ever used.Much more so than the Phantom.Not that the Phantom was bad,but it cant compete with the leather.I almost forget its there with a full size M&P9 at times.

I got the horsehide with "combat grip"(trimmed to your pistol).

I've only been using it a couple months...but so far im very pleased.

DocGKR
03-27-09, 00:20
For a G19, I like the Sparks Heritage #1, the CCC Looper, and with a X300 mounted--the Raven Concealment Phantom.

rob_s
03-27-09, 05:36
Roadking, as you've no doubt noticed, almost every single post so far in this thread mentions another make/model of holster, thus further reinforcing that everyone has different opinions and needs. Let's look, then, at some concepts that may help you in your decision.

There are as many reasons for choosing a holster as there are holsters. My criteria for holsters in general are:
1) Comfort. Maybe it's not very high-speed, but for me all holsters must be comfortable or they just won't get worn.
2) Retention. It may seem counter-intuitive, but the holster needs to first RETAIN the pistol in order to ensure that the pistol is there when you need it. What happens if you first run your ass off away from (or towards!) danger only to be cornered and need your pistol in the end and find it missing?
3) Ease of access. This goes to placement, angle, height, etc. The pistol needs to be in a place where you can get to it and placed such that you can access it when you need it.
4) Ease of Reholster. I put this one last, but still on the list, because it's only done after the action. For training, or for not appearing to be the aggressor after a civilian action, it's important to be able to easily put the pistol away.

In an IWB holster, there are added concerns with regards to comfort. Proper pant sizing, belt choice, and other criteria outside of the holster/pistol combination will come into play. For me, thickness is the driving issue in ease of concealment and comfort of a pistol is the thickness. I have found that I can more easily and comfortably carry and conceal a fullsize 5" 1911 than a Glock 26. Related to this, some things to look for related to thickness:
1) Material. Kydex tends to be thinner overall than leather. It may seem incrementally so, but a leather holster will also have a steel reinforced lip that will add to the thickness.
2) Loop placement. Having a loop, especially a full loop, directly on top of the pistol adding to the overall thickness. Holsters that put the loop, or loops, to either side of the pistol will keep the overall thickness down. Some holsters will have two loops, one on either side of the pistol, and some designs have only one. The tradeoff here is one of stability with two loops vs. a smaller profile with only one.

Robb Jensen
03-27-09, 05:42
I don't like carrying IWB much but when I do I carry a Glock 19 or SIG 229 in a Galco Royal Guard.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/gotm4/galco%20leather/galcoholstersG19.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/gotm4/galco%20leather/galcoholsters229two.jpg

Generally I carry OWB in a Galco Side Snap Scabbard.

rob_s
03-27-09, 05:52
Specific to your situation...

I still haven't found a holster that I like for Glock IWB carry. For my 1911s I use the Milt Sparks Versa Max II. I have tried it with the Glock 19 and find it too thick. With the added thickness of the pistol, the leather, and the reinforcing lip, it just winds up too thick for me.

Based on the recommendations on this board and others I have tried the Raven Concealment holster. So far it just doesn't work for me. I have a 32-33" waist and I just can't find a spot on my waist where the Raven sits right. I did find that by moving the rear loop down one notch and building in some cant it got more comfortable, but still not all-day comfortable. I've been using their rubber loops for IWB carry, but I just ordered upc a set of the plastic clips to try. The problem is that the clip aren't going to let me build in that cant. I just find the holster to be too wide, and the kydex too unforgiving in that it doesn't bend to curve around my waist like the Sparks.

I am going to go against some of my own advice and try the Custom Carry Concepts Looper (http://www.shop.customcarryconcepts.com/product.sc?categoryId=3&productId=10). It puts the belt loop on top of the pistol but my hope is that the thinness of the Kydex will balance this out. I also really prefer a holster that I can easily take on and off because I find myself going in and out of places where I can't carry and have to lock the pistol in the car. Leaving an empty holster on in these places is not an option.

If that doesn't work, I'm at the point of building my own holster. I'm thinking of doing something similar to the Looper above but extending the Kydex out on the triggerguard side and putting the loop there, as well as being able to heat and bend the "wing" so that I can tune it to fit my body.

Rinspeed
03-27-09, 06:13
My two favorite holsters are the Alessi Talon Plus and the Sparks SS. I've tried a couple times to order a VM-II but Sparks only takes so many orders a month. After that number is hit you have to wait until the beginning of the next month. This month it took five days. :confused: I'll be damned if I give some asshat an extra $40 because he has a VM-II on the shelf.

rob_s
03-27-09, 06:17
Why call him an "asshat"? Because he has a business to run, with a desirable product that's in limited supply?

I have no problem paying Lightning Arms a premium for a holster if they have what I want in stock when I want it.

Rinspeed
03-27-09, 07:03
You're right Rob, that was a lousy choice of words. I just think paying an extra 40% for a holster to get it right away is silly. Of course I have a bunch of holsters, if I didn't and needed one right away I might feel differently.

tex45acp
03-27-09, 08:18
I have tried so many holsters, to try to find comfortable ones, I was ready to give up on IWB carry......but then I tried a buddy's Milt Sparks Versa Max 2. I was amazed how this style of holster conformed to my body and I could literally wear it all day and almost forget it was there. That style of holster is more secure in that the connectors (either clips or loops) are mounted fore and aft the holster preventing it from rocking backwards and forwards and as I tighten my belt they pull around the radius my body and is very comfortable. I have sold all my other styles of holsters......they just dont compare in comfort. I have three brand of this style of holster.

A Milt Sparks Versa Max 2 holding my Wilson Combat 4" Professional
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f43/mike_seale/ProVM2.jpg

A Brommeland Gunleather Max Con V holding my Springfield XD45 4"
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f43/mike_seale/MAXCONV.jpg

A Tucker Gunleather Heritage holding my CZ75B
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f43/mike_seale/CZTUCKER.jpg

I even carry a revolver this way, Tucker Gunleather Heritage holding my Ruger SP-101
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f43/mike_seale/Tucker2.jpg

and heres what it looks like while on. This is my Browning Hi Power in a Wilson IWB, shirt tucked in for the picture
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f43/mike_seale/WilsonIWBCarry.jpg

Rinspeed
03-27-09, 08:48
Here is the Alessi Talon Plus. Sadly Lou passed away a month ago but as far as I know they are still making holsters.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/Rinspeed/IMG_0804.jpg

ToddG
03-27-09, 11:47
Just wanting to know what a good name brand relitively cheap IWB holster would be to get for the GLOCK 19. And were to buy it.

For quality + inexpensive you're really going to be leaning towards kydex.

Any experiences with the looper in the summer compared to leather holsters?

I carried in a Looper all last summer; first few months in a traditional IWB then the last part of the season (and ever since) AIWB. My Loopers always have the leather heat shielding, though, which probably makes them more comfortable.

But I've certainly IWB'd in the summer with "regular" kydex holsters. If you wear a layer of clothing between the holster and your body (t-shirt, understhirt) it's no problem. If you don't, then it can become uncomfortable.

It is hard to beat leather for comfort. However for retension, re-holstering and speed of draw, I use Kydex.

I'd disagree on the retention issue. First, most kydex holsters today use some kind of flexible open kydex "clip" for attaching to the belt. In a real fight over the pistol, those clips will not do an adequate job anchoring the holster to your belt and while you may keep the gun inside the holster, the whole thing might get ripped out of your pants. The clips also have a tendency to bend and break over time, especially if they're getting banged around during bail outs, etc.

Reholstering is definitely a plus for kydex. A good leather holster with reinforced mouth works fine but kydex just never collapses or deforms (until it cracks).

The speed of draw thing probably does give an edge to kydex but it depends on a lot of other factors: ride height, angle, tightness of retention, etc. Someone with a kydex holster that's been adjusted for minimal tension is going to be a tiny bit faster than someone with a leather holster that secures the gun during athletic movement. But comparing more like-to-like, I don't find my draw is actually faster by any significant amount when shooting from a kydex holster. It feels faster because there is less resistance, but the actual number of hundredths-of-seconds it takes to break the first accurate shot is almost identical. I'd say the kydex holster doesn't make you work as hard to get a fast draw.

when you mentioned comfort, my thoughts immediately turned to leather. of all the benefits claimed by Kydex, no one seriously contends tht it is more comfortable than leather.

Again, I'd say there are a lot of factors involved beyond just material. I've had very uncomfortable leather holsters and very comfortable kydex holsters.

Overall, for the vast majority of people, a kydex holster is a good choice. It's relatively less expensive, reasonably durable (belt clips aside), easy to use, and requires no real maintenance. They're a perfect match for a Glock ... all function, no form.

Leather holsters are perceived as more comfortable for some and they also simply tend to be "nicer" in terms of fit & appearance. It may not have a lot of significant practical advantages over kydex, but neither does it surrender much in the way of functionality.

FWIW, for kydex I personally use Custom Carry Concepts but would also recommend Comp-Tac (especially once they get their upcoming solid belt loops online). For leather I was a Milt Sparks fan for many years but their customer service has just gone to hell in recent past; I'd now recommend Kramer as a more dependable and customer oriented alternative. For truly custom stuff, I can highly recommend Garrity Gunleather ... as I type this I'm wearing the final generation prototype IWB we've been working on for the past six months. Mark has been great to work with, open to critique and feedback while developing the holster, and innovative in his approach to making this the absolute most comfortable and functional leather AIWB I've ever seen.

edited to add: Echoing what so many have said about holsters being personal choices for fit and feature. For example, many people swear by the dual offset loop system popularized by the Milt Sparks VM-2 and the Comp-Tac CTAC. I've used both holsters and found them substantially less comfortable and generally less suitable for me for concealed carry and serious range use. So while it's fairly easy to find a good enough holster on your first try, if you are going to spend your life looking for perfection you, too, will have a Holster Drawer some day.

blackscot
03-27-09, 11:59
I've been using the FIST ultrathin kydex IWB since adopting my G19 for everyday carry about 2 & 1/2 years ago. To me, they are the ideal combination.

Buy direct from the FIST holster web site. Again, it's the ultrathin kydex IWB you want. It adds the least additional volume to the gun of any design out there.

Get the rounded front and cant-adjustable belt loop version.

A variety of loop designs are available. I use the double J-hook which allows the holster to stradde the pants belt loop -- very secure.

Price isn't bad either.

skyugo
03-27-09, 12:02
Try Raven Holsters, they make the most concealable Kydex IWB or OWB IMHO.

http://www.themalabarfront.com/product_info.php?cPath=82_85_92&products_id=1561

+1 on this.
gives you an OWB option too.

DocGKR
03-27-09, 12:07
FWIW, I despise the dual widely off-set belt loops used on some holsters--I find them very uncomfortable and needlessly use up real estate on my belt...

padwan
03-27-09, 13:24
Like Todd mentioned, if cost is an issue (along with quick turarounds I presume?), then kydex is probably your best option.

Which maker and model? There are a bunch and a lot of it depends on how you intend to IWB the gun - strong side, behind the hip, appendix, crossdraw, etc...

I've used Comp Tacs and MD Gun Gloves for the most part. The Gun Gloves are no longer in production but were made well, which is why they've lasted this long. The Comp Tacs are alright. I've been meaning to get a Looper but I have a leather AIWB rig that works well enough that I've not been able to justify a new purchase.

If this is your first time going IWB, get the right size of pants and belts. It may also take a few weeks to get used to this mode of carry.

Good luck!

Jason Burton
03-29-09, 21:41
FWIW, I despise the dual widely off-set belt loops used on some holsters--I find them very uncomfortable and needlessly use up real estate on my belt...

I'm in the same boat...

I know there are many folks who swear by such designs as well as a good many quality makers that incorporate it into their holsters but for me widely spaced loops have always equaled less comfort and never amounted to any concealment advantage. I have been much more of a fan of a Summer Special style IWB, or at minimum where the belt loop design is concerned.

In addition to a S/S styled rig, one of the more comfortable IWB holsters I can think of for a Glock is the Alessi PCH. Many variations on the Summer Special design have worked very well for me in the past but the holster body design of the PCH seems to lend itself particularly well to the blocky profile of the Glock. And, although it rides a bit low for my tastes, another similar option to the PCH would be the Bulman TSAF.

ROCKET20_GINSU
03-30-09, 15:27
The most comfortable IWB I own is a Milt Sparks SSII for a gov 1911...While a 1911 isn't "that" much thinner than a G19, it feels thinner and a little matters for alot when CCW'ing. I find that the longer barrel helps keep the entire rig more balanced and stable as well.

I own both a Milt sparks VMII and a CTAC from comp-tac and both are very good holsters but from time to time they do require some adjusting to remain comfortable though IMO. I choose to carry IWB 90% of the time, and I think its the best compromise considering my "tactical enigma" lol, but I think its important to be realistic about IWB...its very unlikely IMO that IWB of any type will be as comfortable or more comfortable than OWB (simple physics)...FWI, the most comfortable CCW I have is a S&W 642 in a mika pocket holster =).

Simple summaries of both holsters:

Milt Sparks VM II: I think its one of the nicest leather IWB's around. As Rob S noted earlier it is thick, and that does play a factor. Under a dark and wide T shirt, it does not print for me, and it is pretty comfortable. From my experience, retention is much better than kydex holsters, and draw is very smooth. Additionally, leather is more comfortable against bare skin than kydex. The cant is NOT adjustable, but thats fine for me in this instance as the cant works. It is thick though so beware when buying pants and belts. This is what I choose to carry in 90% of the time.

The Comp-tac CTAC is also a very good option at close to 1/2 the price. Its also readily available, I got mine from comp-tac in 6 days! Comp-tac is a great company btw! I like the adjustable clips as they give you the ability to tailor your pistol cant, but they can rub you in the wrong places so you have to play with it. Retention is adequate and draw is very smooth and feels faster, though in practice its only a .10th faster. The plastic clips have not given me a problem (i.e. broken) but I have not used the holster that strenuously so I'm not a very good judge. I could see how they could break if you were grappling on the ground, where as the leather loops on the VMII would probably be ok.

I have a phantom for my G19 + x200 on order as I've heard great things about raven. And want to try CCW w/ a weapon light so I'll let everyone know how that feels from my perspective when I get a chance. Good luck, one of the great thing about glocks is that there are alot of options out there, and as all the experts on this forum have already posted...you will probably end up with a holster drawer by the end of your endeavor...I know I did.

GU

Lumpy196
03-30-09, 15:56

Evidence of just how personal a choice holsters are. I EXPECT to have a box with tried/didn't work holsters sitting in it. For my 1911s, I prefer the wide Sparks Versa-Max II. For my Glocks, I prefer the plain old Bladetech IWB.

d90king
03-30-09, 16:21
I have found that for every day carry in a civilian role (I carry a 1911) nothing beats a Milt Sparks VMII.
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t5/d90king/DSCN0934.jpg

phixion
03-30-09, 20:04
Crossbreed Supertuck. Lifetime warranty. Two week trial period; if you don't like it, send it back.

GLOCKMASTER
03-30-09, 20:17
Kramer IWB #3 in Horsehide. It is very comfortable and doesn't collapse after you draw it.

xray 99
03-30-09, 21:17
Sparks Executives Companion. I find the flange makes it more comfortable than the VM II

randyman_ar
03-30-09, 22:57

http://www.hbeleatherworks.com/

You wont even know its there!

au1776
03-30-09, 23:25
Another vote for the Comp-tac MTAC.

Have them for both pistols I regularly carry, and it makes my 229 comfortable and makes my XD SC disappear.

VooDoo6Actual
04-01-09, 18:25
Through the years I have found BladeTech IWB to be my go to platform.

I have milked my BladeTech IWB rigs for over ten years and thats every day for 10 to 16 hour days. ZERO failures and no printing issues etc.

I use them for 1911's (Gov., Commanders, Officers), Glocks and H&K.

Be advised, RCS (Raven Concealent Systems) makes great KIT BUT, there have been a number of failures specifically pertaining to the Kydex Wing Loops.

I retrofitted mine with similar rubber/nylon loops used on BladeTech and that rectified the breaking/shearing off problems associated w/ the loops breaking thus far etc.

HTH YMMV...

mpom
04-02-09, 16:41
I had Custom Carry Concepts (Rich?) make me an IWB holster with dual clips; one coming off the holster body and the other clip trailing behind. The design is similar to the Ky Tac IWB, but with a replaceable body clip. Could not be happier. I use it for a G27, everyday carry, plus matches. Very stable, comfortable, concealable. Fast delivery, and reasonable price are pluses. This item is not on the website, but "custom" is not just a name in this case!
Mark

DBR
04-03-09, 02:36
http://www.klnullholsters.com/

MX5
04-03-09, 07:42
Holsters are like shoes - you have to find what fits & works for YOU & likely you'll need a few for varying situations. For IWB I found that a leather Sparks SSII works most of the time for me. Going hands-on leather tends to grip the pistol better to prevent losing it in a grapple. I like Kydex for what it is, but have seen too many release the weapon too easily or just plain break when going force on force. Leather is generally much more comfortable overall, but there can be issues with leather if exposed to lots of moisture repeatedly. For OWB, I find there's much more lattitude generally speaking. Just my humble opinion. Good luck.

Blinking Dog
04-03-09, 16:37
Specific to your situation...

I still haven't found a holster that I like for Glock IWB carry. For my 1911s I use the Milt Sparks Versa Max II.

Based on the recommendations on this board and others I have tried the Raven Concealment holster. So far it just doesn't work for me. I have a 32-33" waist and I just can't find a spot on my waist where the Raven sits right...I just find the holster to be too wide, and the kydex too unforgiving in that it doesn't bend to

rob_s: I kind of paraphrased your quote...so as it turns out I have had pretty much the same experience. I love my VMII for my 1911. I got a G19 for a smaller/lighter carry alternative but can't find a good holster to fit me. Took advice from this site and got a Raven but I too have a small waist (29-30" :D) and the Kydex holster was wider than the side of my body. That just didn't work for me obviously.

So to the OP, as I've now found, you need to be as specific as possible about your individual specifications when asking about "the best for me" otherwise you can end up with bad advice...not that the advice givers were giving bad advice purposefully, just that what suited their needs doesn't suit you. If you're a thicker in the middle kind of guy, a Raven or Comptac might work for you. But if you're thinner, you should probably consider a Summer Special or Royal Guard. My $0.02, YMMV.

RyanS
04-03-09, 16:47
I haven't found an IWB holster that I liked as they all dig into butt cheek and give me a backache if I have to sit too long. This probably has a little do with letting myself go since children. However, for what it's worth, I've found that of the IWBs that I've tried...Bladetech, Raven, and Kramer....the Kramer Summer Special has been the least PITA.

Tangy
04-05-09, 20:30
i just sold my raven after waiting 30 days for it because it was just too wide for little 'ol me and my 29" - 30" waist. so i just ordered a CCC looper. anyone have an idea on the wait time? thanks.

wesprt
04-07-09, 18:21
I've been happy with my Bladetech IWB for my G19, the price is excellent as well.

locobombero
04-07-09, 22:31
http://www.ubgholsters.com/

I wear a M&P in my Canute almost every day.

zephyr
04-08-09, 20:22
I'll add another vote here for the VM2. I have several for different carry pieces and there is no IWB I like better.