PDA

View Full Version : Oil tube for SOPMOD stock

EzGoingKev
03-25-09, 21:08
Has anyone found a good dropper type oil dispenser that fits in there?

I have seen the M1 oiler, but wanted to see if there was anything else out there.

Thanks

Blankwaffe
03-28-09, 19:56
Has anyone found a good dropper type oil dispenser that fits in there?

I have seen the M1 oiler, but wanted to see if there was anything else out there.

Thanks

I removed the cap and cut the needle down a bit on one of the Weapon Shield needle oilers and it fit perfectly in the SOPMOD.
HTH

BSAGCA
03-28-09, 20:44
I put two samples of Machine Gunners lube I got included in an order from Larue. I put a little paper in the from to keep them from rattling around.

EzGoingKev
03-31-09, 00:15
I put two samples of Machine Gunners lube I got included in an order from Larue. I put a little paper in the from to keep them from rattling around.

Do these here -

http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetactical/catalog/P1011914200.JPG

fit in the SOPMOD tube?

mark5pt56
03-31-09, 06:29
No, they are alot bigger. Someone needs to make one shot "pills" enough for a one time lube of the weapon. Like a big fish oil pill

BSAGCA
03-31-09, 10:30
Do these here -

http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetactical/catalog/P1011914200.JPG

fit in the SOPMOD tube?

No. I was talking about the 3ml samples of MGL they send with your orders to get you to buy the bigger bottle. You can get at least 3 and maybe four of those samples in one tube on the SOPMOD. I only put two in mine because that is all I have after using the other before thinking of putting them in the tube. They are about the perfect circumference. Anything bigger would not fit. One bottle will get the bolt lubed up very wet.

If you are placing an order with LT, you could ask them to throw 4 or 5 of those samples in and they probably would do it for you.

It would be nice if like Mark5.56 said sold an extended tube of the lube so so much room is not taken up by multiple caps.

EzGoingKev
03-31-09, 15:20
I just got an order from LaRue a few weeks ago and there wasn't any lube samples...

I would like to find an eye dropper or squeeze type bottle that would fit in there and not take up all the space.

mark5pt56
03-31-09, 15:23
http://www.weaponshield.com/weaponshield.htm

The needle oiler spoke of above

They are refillable

Bimmer
03-31-09, 18:07
I don't want to hijack, but I like the idea of carrying an oiler on my rifle (now that I think of it, my M1 Carbine and Springfield M1A have always had these, though I've never used them).

I've got a CCA stock saddle with battery compartments on either side. Is the compartment in the SOPMOD stock also about the diameter of a AA battery? I figure an M1 Carbine oiler would fit, too.

I've also got a MagPul MIAD, and I wonder if one of the short and fat 1/2oz bottles would fit in there, or an M14 oiler?

I've got to figure this out...

Bimmer

EzGoingKev
03-31-09, 19:41
Regarding the oil bottle with the needle, thanks for the reply. I am looking for something smaller so I can put some other stuff in there.

Regarding the ID of the SOPMOD tube it is the size of the cr123's but slightly larger so they will not get stuck in there.

3CTactical
04-01-09, 01:40
I've been looking for a little oil bottle to fit in my Vltor emod stock tube, but haven't found anything suitable yet. Admittedly, I haven't searched too hard. Anybody else found something that works?

thopkins22
04-01-09, 02:05
These guys should have something that works.
http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/product.asp?catalog_name=usplastic&category_name=14953&product_id=26360&cookie_test=1

toddackerman
04-03-09, 01:40
I just got an order from LaRue a few weeks ago and there wasn't any lube samples...

I would like to find an eye dropper or squeeze type bottle that would fit in there and not take up all the space.

Nope...they sell the little bottles now.

mskdgunman
04-04-09, 00:57
Not sure if this one will work or not. I've got one but have never tried putting it into one of the compartments of the stock. I'll try it this weekend and see if it fits and post back if it does. It stays in my cleaning kit in the car. Worst case is it doesn't work. You're only out a few bucks and could still use the thing in your kit

http://www.bikeparts.com/productinfo/Precision-oiler-pen-aluminum-88514-15217.html

WS6
04-04-09, 01:41
2 LaRue MG oil samples and 1 CR123A battery are a perfect fit with no rattle and the cap pushing in completely.

toddackerman
04-04-09, 10:15
2 LaRue MG oil samples and 1 CR123A battery are a perfect fit with no rattle and the cap pushing in completely.

Guys after years of trial and error, I have found that the small LaRue bottles are perfect for Stock Storage applications. I just wrap a couple of patches around the bottle so they don't slide in the storage tube. And....IMHO after trying EVERYTHING on the market, "Machine Gunners Lube" is the best I have found for a lube. It does not burn off including M4 applications, atays wet (critical to M4 Applications) and it doesn't freeze unless it's 40 below zero. You don't need much. I could lube at least 5 M4's with the little tube.

Now the downside...It's a great lube and a good protectant, but not a good cleaner. I still to this day have only found one "Jack of all trades and Master of none", and that's CLP. Ideally, if you could use a small LaRue bottle with CLP in it and another with Machine Gunners Lube...you're good to go. I just don't know if the tiny MGL bottle is refillable. I need to go check.

EzGoingKev
04-04-09, 10:23
Any pics of these tubes?

redsox20
04-04-09, 15:30
this might help:
http://i488.photobucket.com/albums/rr248/mff15/Lube-3-L.jpg

http://10-8performance.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=1P&Product_Code=Lube-3ml&Category_Code=Maint

http://www.sprinco.com/tactical.html

EzGoingKev
04-04-09, 15:37
Does that 10-8 bottle fit in the SOPMOD tube?

redsox20
04-04-09, 15:46
dont know its a pic of the 3ml bottle though. if its the same size of the larue stuff it might.

WS6
04-04-09, 19:07
Guys after years of trial and error, I have found that the small LaRue bottles are perfect for Stock Storage applications. I just wrap a couple of patches around the bottle so they don't slide in the storage tube. And....IMHO after trying EVERYTHING on the market, "Machine Gunners Lube" is the best I have found for a lube. It does not burn off including M4 applications, atays wet (critical to M4 Applications) and it doesn't freeze unless it's 40 below zero. You don't need much. I could lube at least 5 M4's with the little tube.

Now the downside...It's a great lube and a good protectant, but not a good cleaner. I still to this day have only found one "Jack of all trades and Master of none", and that's CLP. Ideally, if you could use a small LaRue bottle with CLP in it and another with Machine Gunners Lube...you're good to go. I just don't know if the tiny MGL bottle is refillable. I need to go check.

LaRue uses a 1-way diaphram in the tip to keep you from re-filling them with inferior product. :p

Seriosly though, lol. Squirt the LT lube into a different container, immerse the tip of the small bottle in a container of CLP, squeeze and release. Tilt it up to raise the bubble to the tip. Squeeze all the air out but stop before lube comes out. Hold it. Submerge nozzle in CLP, release. You now have a small LT bottle full of CLP (or whatever else).

EzGoingKev
04-05-09, 22:13
I have looked at all kinds of bottles in stores and online and most of them are too big to fit inside the SOPMOD tubes.

I did see at an arts and crafts store small squeeze tubes with replaceable caps that had sparkly paint in them that might fit.

I just got my rifle and am still getting stuff for it so right now all I have is a pair of 123 batteries in each tube. To keep them from rattling I stuck a removable plastic collar stay from a dress shirt in each one and it keeps them from rattling. They come in different lengths depending on the collar and have a tapered end that fits in the hole of the cap.

Shihan
04-06-09, 13:21
Do you have a VFG? More room in the TD than the SOPMOD tubes and its airtight incase of a leak.

EzGoingKev
04-15-09, 17:03
I found a bottle today but it does not fit in the SOPMOD tube, it fits inside the Magpul grip.

I was out walking the dog and I saw a small squirt bottle on the side of the road. It was still sealed but it has been raining here so most of the label came off. From what was left of the label it is some kind of liquid sour candy. The bottle is shaped like a Visine bottle, but much smaller. It is a heavy gauge plastic and has a removable dropper tip so it is easy to fill.

The only thing I have in my Magpul grip right now is a front sight tool and fits in fine with that and does not rattle. I think all I am going to carry in my grip is a couple batteries for my Elcan so I think I found a solution.