PDA

View Full Version : cleaning the barrel with BreakFree powder blast?

RE4
03-26-09, 08:09
I had mistakenly bought Breakfree powderblast instead of the recommended BF CLP to clean my AR15. Actually its worked VERY nicely with cleaning the BCG and the upper and lower. Of course I would follow it up with some oil...

Its time to do my chrome lined barrel (SW MP15) and I realized that BF powder blast is NOT the same as BF CLP (duh). Anyway, could I clean the chrome lined barrel with the powderblast or should I just pony up one of those foaming barrel cleaners (suggestions on which one?)

HES
03-26-09, 11:56
Dump the powder blast and just by some non-chlorinated brake parts cleaner from the automotive section of your favorite store. Its the exact same stuff and a lot cheaper. When cleaning I'll first spray everything down with the brake cleaner, then I'll take some Hoppes #9 to the bore and chamber. Then lube it (I use weapons shield).

Littlelebowski
03-26-09, 11:59
BF and powderblast will probably get the carbon but you still need a dedicated copper solvent. That being said....don't obsess over cleaning. Clean when accuracy drops off.