PDA

View Full Version : Sock Full of Austrian Goodness

Dan Goodwin
03-26-09, 22:08
So a nice older lady pulled a tube sock out of the trunk of her car today and inside it was her late father's Second Generation G19.

I bought it for a price that made us both happy.

It has zero external wear, and while dirty probably has fewer than 200 rounds through it. Plastic sight slot fillers, but at least they were fixed. Two G19 mags with 2PLUS2 extended base pads. Gave me the sock, too. :D

It's been 10 years since I went through the Armorer's Course at Smyrna, so please re-edumacate me.

IIRC correctly Gen 2s were early '90s and the company has done a couple of parts replacement recalls on them.

Can anyone tell me what is required and if there's a GSSF Shoot anytime soon and near where I can save the shipping, etc.?

Also, S/N is ZN2xx. Anybody got a list of manufacture dates handy?

Thanks y'all.

cathellsk
03-26-09, 22:29
Looks to be from around Jan/Feb '92. Are the internal metal parts of the frame silver or black? If they are silver you should be good to go. If you want to be 100% sure though I'd call Glock 770-432-1202.
I don't believe there were any other upgrades with G19s. I sent a Nov. '96 dated G19 back and they replaced a few parts, not everything, all for free and sent me all kinds of Glock branded goodies back with it (pens, pencils, stickers, etc.).
Sounds like you got a nice older G19. Congrats on your find. :)

Dan Goodwin
03-26-09, 22:51
Thank you. The parts are silver with a tad of gunsmoke smudge; there's even some of the bronze-colored gun grease extant. Gun shows no sign its ever been holstered. Not a speck of dust or lint in the checkering or grip hole.

Makes my issued G27 look like a dusty street urchin.

Will likely call Glock tomorrow to see if they show they overhauled it or what it will cost to do it (shipping, etc.)

Now I gots to figure out what kind of sights I want to run. Kind of leaning towards an XS BDT front and a 10-8 Performance hogged out to about .180 if that'll work.

Used to get tired of gunwriters complaining about their middle-aged eyes...till I got a set myself!I feel their pain.

ST911
03-27-09, 16:16
ZN is not post-upgrade production. Color of the parts is not a reliable indicator of whether or not upgrade is needed. There's a previous thread with pics about the upgrade and what parts are involved.

Yours sounds GTG. A non-FG/R G19 at a good price is a great find.