PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one not comfortable with this?

WillBrink
03-27-09, 11:11
Yes, I understand the intent, and like the idea of getting more people trained, and licensed, etc, but the uber commercialized angle, the high cheese factor, etc, just does not jibe well with me at all. I don't feel it sends the right message at all about law abiding gun owners.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mu41ORQg8Y0&feature=related

OK, is it just me or does this vid make you uncomfortable as a gun owner and pro gun owners rights advocate?

VooDoo6Actual
03-27-09, 11:17
No, it's not you.

WillBrink
03-27-09, 11:19
No, it's not you.

The vid makes my skin crawl. :rolleyes:

Reminds me of a freakin' Sham Wow commercial:

https://www.officialtvwebsite.com/shamwow/index.asp?did=644&refcode=SW1a

fruitjacket
03-27-09, 12:03
I understand how you guys feel about how cheesy it is, but the reality is he's using mainstream marketing to appeal to the masses, which ultimately is what we NEED. Normal, average, everyday zombies waking up to the benefits of gun ownership and CCW.

That being said, I think it's a poorly done commercial and they could have used some of the same 'approaches' (IE sex sells) without being so over the top about it. Nothing hotter than a cute girl shooting a gun, but let's try an be a little less 'Hollywood' about it.

That all being said, for $1200 that's an pretty good deal considering you get an XD as well as the training.

PRGGodfather
03-27-09, 12:34
The commercial is smarmy, yes. Uncomfortable? No.

The Front Sight staff guys are great people -- and they are definitely on the right side of the fight. Their boss has some interesting ideas on how to get more people on our side -- but at the end of the day, that's what really matters.

There a far too many people who think guns only belong in the hands of the cops and military. They are wrong.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Irish
03-27-09, 12:41
Cheesy? Yes. Uncomfortable? No. Remember who they're trying to appeal to with this "commercial" and think about what Front Sight is trying to accomplish.
I also think they used "sexy gun girl" way too much to appeal to alot of people in this ad.

ZDL
03-27-09, 12:50
Heart is in the right place his money is not. Needs to hire a better marketing firm.

A-Bear680
03-27-09, 13:24
+1.

Heart is in the right place his money is not. Needs to hire a better marketing firm.

Just not a good approach.
Marketing and market niche choices can help or hurt the 2nd amendment movement .
Look at Arfcom , some very bad niche market choices and low standards created a monster.
The Arfcom owners blew it , sooner or later it'll suck to be them.

Cameron
03-27-09, 13:30
I also think they used "sexy gun girl" way too much to appeal to alot of people in this ad.

and here I was thinking they needed to use her more....:p

Irish
03-27-09, 13:33
and here I was thinking they needed to use her more....:p

Me too :D But I don't think it serves their purpose.

A-Bear680
03-27-09, 13:33
It works for Dillon.

:)

MeanRider
03-27-09, 17:17
She can be my instructor.

Iraqgunz
03-27-09, 17:44
Someone answer this if they can. How are they able to transfer a pistol to someone in a different state? Last time I checked you could only purchase a long gun from another state. Does he actually have 5000 pistols in stock? Just curious.......

Irish
03-27-09, 17:46
Ship it to your FFL in your state.

chadbag
03-27-09, 17:50

Exactly. You shoot the gun while at class, and then their FFL ships it to an FFL in your state when you leave.

Several years ago they were giving away a G22 I think it was, some sort of Glock, with participation at a certain level of training or membership or something, and I read the find print which explained how it worked

Chad

Iraqgunz
03-27-09, 17:53
For some reason I ASS-umed that you couldn't obtain a handgun from another state and transfer it. I must be having pastacitis and didn't realize that you could do it.

Irish
03-27-09, 17:54
For some reason I ASS-umed that you couldn't obtain a handgun from another state and transfer it. I must be having pastacitis and didn't realize that you could do it.

Works just like Gunbroker or something along those lines.

Saginaw79
03-27-09, 19:26
Not so much uncomfortable as 'mainstream cheese', I get more discomfort from those boxes of ammo w/ the gay ass pics on them and called things like DRT, or Super XPlode or that type of stuff.

Im glad hes doing what hes doing

That being said it sad people even need to get a permit, that means what was once a right(the RIGHT to BEAR(which means CARRY) Arms) is now a priveledge one must pay and ask for.

TOM1911
03-27-09, 20:18
Is this about that Ignatius Piazza f-tard? Google him and I guarantee you won't like what you see

Sigmax
03-27-09, 20:45
Isn't this the guy that was sued by the some of the membership of Front Sight for fraud?

Add this video to the list of other unsavory things I have heard about him.

If you are using the same concept to sell your 2nd amendment rights & potentially lethal self defense skills as you are Oxyclean or a George Foreman grill it just does not ring right to me.

Aray
03-27-09, 20:54
Does the narrator sound like the narrator from Starship Troopers to anyone besides me?

ZDL
03-27-09, 21:06
Is this about that Ignatius Piazza f-tard? Google him and I guarantee you won't like what you see

xenu love?

Saginaw79
03-27-09, 21:13
Does the narrator sound like the narrator from Starship Troopers to anyone besides me?

"Do you want to know more?" :D

Paladin4415
03-27-09, 22:23
Iggy is probably the most arrogant human being that has ever lived. He has also been sued multiple times for promising things to members of Front Sight that were never delivered. All that being said, the training there is pretty good quality.
That commercial is super cheese. I would be willing to bet Iggy wrote/directed it.

MonteSmoke
03-28-09, 18:09
is this a joke:confused:

Palmguy
03-28-09, 18:22

Sure does.

HiggsBoson
03-28-09, 18:56
Uncomfortable? Heck no. Sure, it sounds like they're selling used cars, but I've dealt with car salesmen plenty of times and they never touched me in my no-no parts...

My question is this: after watching the video and reading about it, does anyone think this is a decent deal? You get four days of training and a Springfield XD in (you choose) 9mm/.40S&W/.45ACP for ~$1199. Some other freebies are thrown in, but they're nothing to write home about.

Rider79
03-28-09, 20:11
I liked the part about whipping out the $300 knife to impress your friends/the guy who is attacking you.

I don't remember all the details, but I remember something about Piazza getting in trouble over the real estate deals he was selling at Front Sight. He was trying to build a community up there, and if you bought a plot of land in his master-planned community, you got a free Class III Uzi.

bkb0000
03-28-09, 20:19
guess i'll be in the minority.. i think it's ****in great.

Rider79
03-28-09, 20:49
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for it. I would sign up for it too, but my work schedule kinda gets in the way of weekend classes.