PDA

View Full Version : Why do guns attract so many retards?

markm
03-27-09, 13:07
I've been posting on a few of the "other" sites over the last few weeks, and MAN!!! Is it discouraging to see how stupid people are.

We really have it pretty good on this site as far as the ****tardery level goes.

Some guy on another board wants to fire his AR with the RE and buffer system removed to see how far the BCG will fly. (this **** promptly called me a high post count douche bag for pointing out the stupidity of this idea) :eek:

Another guy wants to know why the bolt rotates on an AR.

Shit! There are a lot of dumb son of a bitches with guns in America.

Jerm
03-27-09, 13:15
Why do guns attract so many retards?

I think they're attracted to loud noises.

If its a recreational activity that can cause hearing damage "they" always seem to be well represented.

Cameron
03-27-09, 13:21
It's normal. Just remember that half the people you meet have below "average" intelligence, and most of the other half are "assholes".

http://imjustaguy.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/iq_bell_curve.gif

SoDak
03-27-09, 13:43
I think it's that way with any sort of hobby, except for with guns, being stupid can end bad. For a while I wanted to get into light offroading and joined some truck forums and I couldn't believe some of the dumb or just nonsensical things I read. It got to the point that I just gave up and went back to guns for my money pit.

JBnTX
03-27-09, 13:52

More than you can imagine in your wildest dreams.

Sadly, many of them are carrying concealed in public.
That's what scares me the most.

steve-oh
03-27-09, 13:53
It's normal. Just remember that half the people you meet have below "average" intelligence, and most of the other half are "assholes".

I guess we know where markm stands!

I'm kidding. I saw those posts as well and was floored. Did you notice the guy who wanted to know why the bolt rotated because he was designing an AR in 3D? Probably a video gamer.

Sam
03-27-09, 14:03
The phrase "God created men, Sam Colt made them equal" applies. Even retards, booger eaters, mouth breathers, short bus riders can pull the trigger and behind the keyboard/internet, we're all super combat wombat ninja.

Oh, excuse me, my bus is here. :p Gotta go.

RogerinTPA
03-27-09, 14:08
What scares me the most is that those retards give responsible gun owners a bad name. Right behind actual criminals, they will be the next ones caught doing or saying something stupid on camera, which will further add just cause to resurrecting another AWB.:rolleyes:

markm
03-27-09, 14:19
What scares me the most is that those retards give responsible gun owners a bad name.

THAT'S what I'm getting at!!!!

I can deal with Assholes a lot better than I can imbeciles. The guy in my first example happened to be a STUPID ASSHOLE!!

But to address the CCW comment above... I'm STUNNED that some CCW idiot here in AZ hasn't done something monumenatally stupid to endanger the program. :eek:

chadbag
03-27-09, 14:23
Asking why the bolt rotates in an AR does not mean the guy is stupid. It means he is mechanically challenged. It does not mean he is an accident waiting to happen. Lots of people you would consider stupid have been using and carrying firearms all their lives and have never put anyone in danger, never had an AD, or said anything politically stupid to a TV camera.

That does not mean that there aren't some really stupid people out there, but they are in the minority. It does not take a high IQ to respect a firearm and behave appropriately.

Lumpy196
03-27-09, 14:27
More than you can imagine in your wildest dreams.

Sadly, many of them are carrying concealed in public.
That's what scares me the most.

The ones that are carrying concealed likely have a .38 or .380 with no spare ammo that they rarely practice with.

The rest are busy wearing their Bolt Face logo t-shirts and open carrying a Desert Eagle or a Glock 20 gawd dammit to show it's their right.

markm
03-27-09, 14:35
The ones that are carrying concealed likely have a .38 or .380 with no spare ammo that they rarely practice with.

Yeah!! The shooting will be all done by the time the refamiliarize themselves with their Kel Tec and get it into action!! :p

The rest are busy wearing their Bolt Face logo t-shirts and open carrying a Desert Eagle or a Glock 20 gawd dammit to show it's their right.

Bolt Face IN YOUR FACE!! :p

markm
03-27-09, 14:36
Asking why the bolt rotates in an AR does not mean the guy is stupid.

I hear what you're saying. But this guy stood out as a moron in several other threads. There's a shit pot full of other examples, but I just grabbed the first few that stood out.

MarshallDodge
03-27-09, 14:37
I hear you markm. My biggest beef is negligient discharges or the "gun just went off" excuse.

Locally, we have had two recent ND's. One of them was a guy who shot the toilet at a Carl's Jr. and the other shot his chair at an Olive Garden. Both times "the gun just went off". :rolleyes:

Last year, a local chief of police shot himself in the foot with a Glock while instructing a class. People in the class said that a few seconds earlier he had been pointing the gun in their direction.

If you don't want to learn how to use a gun, and understand how it works, then get a taser. The worse thing that will happen is that you may accidentally shock yourself or someone.

LittleRedToyota
03-27-09, 14:45
The worse thing that will happen is that you may accidentally shock yourself...

don't tase me,...umm...me??

;)

chadbag
03-27-09, 14:56
I hear you markm. My biggest beef is negligient discharges or the "gun just went off" excuse.

Locally, we have had two recent ND's. One of them was a guy who shot the toilet at a Carl's Jr. and the other shot his chair at an Olive Garden. Both times "the gun just went off". :rolleyes:

The Carl's Jr thing he probably lost his gun (fell) when he was dropping his pants and he went to try and grab it on reflex and hit the trigger.

(The "funeral" for the toilet that the Carls Jr store management had was funny)

Yes, dumb things happen. But compared to the number of people who own firearms and also compare to the number of people who carry concealed (or at least have permits), the number of stupid things that happens is low.

Mr.Goodtimes
03-27-09, 14:56
every sport attracts dumb asses and there are always geeks within the community as well.

weather that be weight lifting, triathlons, guns, off road trucks (strong retardation in mudding) model airplanes (srtong geekery), mountain biking etc...

i think that guns attract retards though because it makes them feel powerfull. a lot of the kids that i knew in highschool that bragged about their guns were the kids that got picked on a lot. these kids would brag about how there were a green belt in karate and had an m4 carbine and knew how to use a handgun very well. i think that when a lot of people pick up a gun it makes them feel tough and indestructable, like they can handle anything that comes there way... they can now take care of them self, something they couldnt do with out a band stick.

now take a look at the real bad asses that own guns, seals, marines, especially the retired guys. these are guys that could snap your neck and get lunch, but they dont brag, and if they do its amongst them selves.

R/Tdrvr
03-27-09, 15:13
What scares me the most is that those retards give responsible gun owners a bad name. Right behind actual criminals, they will be the next ones caught doing or saying something stupid on camera, which will further add just cause to resurrecting another AWB.:rolleyes:

Notice how those are the ones they interview on TV to "represent" gun owners? Like that genius during the Democratic Primary that asked if the Dems would take away his "baby" and then showed his "baby"(an M4) to the canidates.

johnclark075
03-27-09, 15:21
Here's my question... Why do these guys always have money to buy the crap?

A-Bear680
03-27-09, 15:25
Here's my question... Why do these guys always have money to buy the crap?

Living in Momma's basement and don't get out much?

Magsz
03-27-09, 15:31
Erm.

There are assholes and imbeciles in all walks of life. To think we have a higher percentage in the gun community is grossly underestimating the level of stupidity in this world.

Ever belonged to a car club? Oh...my....god....Talk about retarded ****twats.

Heavy Metal
03-27-09, 15:49
I've been posting on a few of the "other" sites over the last few weeks, and MAN!!! Is it discouraging to see how stupid people are.

We really have it pretty good on this site as far as the ****tardery level goes.

Some guy on another board wants to fire his AR with the RE and buffer system removed to see how far the BCG will fly. (this **** promptly called me a high post count douche bag for pointing out the stupidity of this idea) :eek:

However far it goes, I doubt the lower will stand a second go-round. The key will destroy the bridge of the lower.

Rider
03-27-09, 16:16
Living in Momma's basement and don't get out much?

That was funny.

The other reason they have the money is that they don't have the money but they do have a credit card. Everyone can have everything, but ya dont have to earn it, woohoo! That is the line of thinking that is sinking this great country.

RogerinTPA
03-27-09, 16:17
Asking why the bolt rotates in an AR does not mean the guy is stupid. It means he is mechanically challenged. It does not mean he is an accident waiting to happen. Lots of people you would consider stupid have been using and carrying firearms all their lives and have never put anyone in danger, never had an AD, or said anything politically stupid to a TV camera.

That does not mean that there aren't some really stupid people out there, but they are in the minority. It does not take a high IQ to respect a firearm and behave appropriately.

Spot on. Ignorance is curable. It means they lack knowledge. It is a very fixable condition through the continuing pursuit of education, IF one chooses to do so... Stupidity cuts to the bone, is ingrained, and can only hopefully, be bred out of the blood line, hopefully....:)

QuietShootr
03-27-09, 16:42
****tardedness knows no economic bounds. I know some real nitwits who have a LOT of money and a gun collection that would make most anyone's teeth sweat.

fruitjacket
03-27-09, 16:56
Well, I'm not gonna make any friends with this post (and I PROMISE not to say anything that'll get me banned again).

If anybody here were to meet me, I guarantee you wouldn't walk away thinking I'm "stupid" and I don't know why the bolt rotates in an AR-15.

It was a surprise to me to notice that when I stripped my rifle after my first shoot a couple of weeks ago. I'm not mechanically retarded either...quite the opposite. Now, I'll admit I didn't bother to try to figure it out, but I guarantee I could by 'playing' with it.

To accuse someone of being 'retarded' because they don't understand the nuances of this rifle is...well....retarded.

I've worked in IT for close to 15 years and if you joined a forum to ask why your screen is acting goofy or why your mouse jumps around the screen wouldn't give me the right to accuse someone of being an idiot. It just means they want to know more; that's the reason they join usually.

Are there Aholes in the gun community? Sure.
There are Aholes in every walk of life and in every genre. Instead of calling them names or acting condescending because you're afraid they're a threat to your way of life (by acting like idiots around guns), the smart move would be to inform them politely about why a bolt rotates.

Gutshot John
03-27-09, 17:00
I don't think you have to be a retard to have an ND...more than one however is another issue.

I've heard many times that there are two types of shooters, those that have had an ND and those that will.

markm
03-27-09, 17:05
Forget the bolt rotating example. I guess shooting bolt action guns as a kid and then moving on to mini 14s and ARs, I just take it for granted that a non blow back weapon locks up somehow.

And I don't think anyone who gets an ND is a retard. It happens. We all do idiot things once in a while.

Now If you want to launch your carrier out of your receiver to see how far it'll go, that's another kind of idiot.

fruitjacket
03-27-09, 17:08
Forget the bolt rotating example. I guess shooting bolt action guns as a kid and then moving on to mini 14s and ARs, I just take it for granted that a non blow back weapon locks up somehow.

And I don't think anyone who gets an ND is a retard. It happens. We all do idiot things once in a while.

Now If you want to launch your carrier out of your receiver to see how far it'll go, that's another kind of idiot.

Agreed 100%. However, I prefer to address this as "gods way of weeding out stupid people." :D:D:D

Gutshot John
03-27-09, 17:10

No argument there, another personal favorite was watching idiots shooting cleaning rods out of the bore of their rifle using blanks...deliberately. :rolleyes:

I was just pointing out that many of the "retards" I see are the ones that deny that such a thing could ever happen to them...until it does.

Buckeye67
03-27-09, 17:11
I don't think that people who ND are necessarily idiots either. However, shooting the angel off the top of one's Christmas tree is a pretty dumb thing to do. Which is sort of where my point is going. If people who are supposed to know about safe firearms handling are capable of doing stupid things with them (DEA leg-shooter guy comes to mind), then it's no stretch to imagine that the "unwashed masses" will too.

By the way, "banister-spindle-shooter-guy"... is me. :(

Gentoo
03-27-09, 17:23
"I'm the only one in this room professional enough to handle this gun"

BANG

:rolleyes:

Where I live there was a deputy who killed herself while trying to clean her gun (G22)

chadbag
03-27-09, 17:27
I don't think you have to be a retard to have an ND...more than one however is another issue.

I've heard many times that there are two types of shooters, those that have had an ND and those that will.

whew

I had mine 2 weeks ago at the Pat Rogers class (disarming my pistol, faced in a safe direction, had a brain fart)

I am GTG ;)

Seriously, I hope to never have another. I am kind of obsessive about safety procedures etc and this was the first ever for me and should be the last

PRGGodfather
03-27-09, 17:44
One's willingness to admit flaws and mistakes are sure signs of intelligence and integrity.

The truly stupid ones don't know it, and never admit it.

HAMMERDROP
03-27-09, 19:24
Finished putting a D-fender in my bolt and rounds were sticking so I cycled a couple of mags worth of live rounds. Forgot one was in there, I never keep an AR loaded in the house.
Only one hot weapon here and its in my wifes nightstand. She was 'HOT' when I told her what happened, I sprayed air freshener and she thought that was strange. I only found a sliver of the copper jacket thank GOD it went thru a 3/4 inch rubber mat before hitting concrete - so I marked it and forgot about till (my wife got home figuring she'd smell the cordite I confessed) I saw this thread.
LOOK Dad I still have ten toes.
First AD in 40 years of shooting ... so if its another 40 years nobody has anything to worry about !

Michael

Saginaw79
03-27-09, 19:28
Its not guns, its just people these days.

ZDL
03-27-09, 19:42
none yet. When I was a kid I almost sent a .22 into my sisters room. Never kept ammo in my room but kept my guns. Was going to do some dry firing. Flicked off the safety, shouldered the weapon............................. Thought.. Did I chamber check this thing? Decided to do so and thank god I did. To this day don't know who put a live round in my .22.

HiggsBoson
03-27-09, 23:40

RIP George Carlin

exkc135driver
03-28-09, 00:33

Notice how those are the ones they interview on TV to "represent" gun owners? Like that genius during the Democratic Primary that asked if the Dems would take away his "baby" and then showed his "baby"(an M4) to the canidates.

It is because of people like that, that I have been saying for years that we don't have to worry about the Sarah Bradys, the Nancy Pelosis, or the other gun-grabbers ... we are our own worst enemy.

True. We all have the occasional (hopefully very occasional) “oops” moment. But some people are just stooopid.

I’d like to see that on Youtube ... with the guy’s face right behind the gun when he pulls the trigger. :p

Honu
03-28-09, 01:52
Some guy on another board wants to fire his AR with the RE and buffer system removed to see how far the BCG will fly.

he should do this but tell him he needs to have his hand over the end of the barrel to create the pressue needed :)

heheheheheh

Honu
03-28-09, 02:04
I have to say I dont even go to some of those other boards anymore !!!

from the posts like

you are at the walmart with your family in the parking lot and a terrorist with a AK is firing on people and you are only 40 yards away would you take him out !!!!!!

and when people say/reply ! I would get my family to safety and let swat deal with the guy

then they call you a pussy for answering you want to save and protect your family and you should man up and go take the guy out as from 40 yards they could easily take him out

yeah have to agree they give normal good people a really really bad name

Gutshot John
03-28-09, 08:05
Here I'll cop to my ND.

About 10 years ago I was trying to figure out how to clean a .22 marlin lever-action that had been my dad's. Stupidly I thought levering the action a few times if nothing came out it was clear, unfortunately I did it half-assed and so the bolt just opened and closed on a round I didn't know was in there.

I put my thumb on the hammer and pulled the trigger to lower the hammer, but either I didn't do it soft enough or it was stronger than I thought and the gun went off putting a .22lr right though a built-in wall mirror in my apartment with spectacular results. I was as white as a sheet and shaking. I can still hear that "bang" echoing in my ears.

Likewise I thought I was obsessive about gun safety, but clearly not obsessive enough. ALWAYS eyeball the chamber and if possible put your finger in there and NEVER store a gun loaded.

In terms of dumbass NDs I've seen/dealt with. Dipshit comes into the NAVMEDCTR San Diego ER (civilian not military) with 5 (FIVE) bullet wounds from ONE bullet. He had just gotten some no-name .22 Magnum revolver that didn't have a trigger guard. Moron loaded his gun, than wanted to carry it cocked, :rolleyes: holding a pocket holster in his weak hand he proceeded to holster the revolver, without a trigger guard the holster pulled the trigger. In and out through the hand, in and out through his thigh and lodged in his calf.

My consolation is that sometimes these problems are self-correcting...assuming they don't take out the innocent as well and yes we are often our own worst enemy.

OldNavyGuy
03-28-09, 08:59

:D (JOKE !) maybe you should first ask this question of yourself !! (JOKE !) :D

markm
03-28-09, 09:30
Check this one out, Wisenstein....

Well just got some P-mags in that I ordered, and call me crazy but I believe the mags have a expiration date on them. It's a little round circle just below the notch were the mag's couple in the mag well. -wheatons83

Outlander Systems
03-28-09, 09:35
For what it's worth, there's almost always some wit about as well:

"WTT: Wife for Ammo

Holy crap. I just got back from BPS. What is driving these prices on ammo? Material? Demand? Fear of taxes? Bans?

Will send pic of wife on request. Good cook."

Saginaw79
03-28-09, 09:56
It is because of people like that, that I have been saying for years that we don't have to worry about the Sarah Bradys, the Nancy Pelosis, or the other gun-grabbers ... we are our own worst enemy.

Sure proof of that is found on any gun forum, just start a thread about Open Carry or not requiring CCW permits or suggest doing away w/ the NFA

You'll see sure proof real quick of your assertion! Sad really...:(

WillBrink
03-28-09, 10:37
]

And let's not forget, there's no lack of smart A-holes out there, :(

John_Wayne777
03-28-09, 14:31
then they call you a pussy for answering you want to save and protect your family and you should man up and go take the guy out as from 40 yards they could easily take him out

There's one of those going in TOS GD right now, complete with assertions that anyone who wouldn't go charging blindly toward the guns is a "coward". Personally I don't presume to tell other people what they should be willing to die for.

Firearms are inextricably linked with testosterone. Testosterone is inextricably linked with stupidity. Humility, on the other hand, is the product of significant life experience and surrounding yourself with people who are better and smarter than you are.

The need to be the smartest/baddest/whatever kid in the room among grown men is an impulse I do not understand. You're supposed to grow out of that at some point.

exkc135driver
03-28-09, 15:22
The need to be the smartest/baddest/whatever kid in the room among grown men is an impulse I do not understand. You're supposed to grow out of that at some point.

Hear, hear!!

Rider79
03-28-09, 16:25
****tardedness knows no economic bounds. I know some real nitwits who have a LOT of money and a gun collection that would make most anyone's teeth sweat.

Yeah. I've worked for a few of them in this town.

scottryan
03-28-09, 17:23
The Great Firearm Crisis of 2008~2009 has brought so many retards to the market boards it is unbelievable.

I have gotten into it with 3 dipshit buyers in the past two weeks. Usually I get one or two of these a year.

variablebinary
03-28-09, 17:51
If it is a hobby that raises your heartrate, there will be some bad apples.

As long as they arent sweeping me, I dont concern myself with it

Saginaw79
03-28-09, 18:13
The Great Firearm Crisis of 2008~2009 has brought so many retards to the market boards it is unbelievable.

I have gotten into it with 3 dipshit buyers in the past two weeks. Usually I get one or two of these a year.

Do tell?

FromMyColdDeadHand
03-28-09, 19:23

Shut the f\/ck up.

Come'on. Now that's funny. :p

95% of gun owners think that they are above average shots, above average in firearms knowledge, and below average in bore-ability. I have a buddy who is a USPSA GM. He knows almost nothing about what is the coolest, newest gun parts and accessories. What would he do with out me...

scottryan
03-28-09, 20:52
Do tell?

Situation 1: I had a guy buy something from me on Gunbroker. Have not seen payment in over 3 weeks. Told me his first money order was "lost". He still can't give me a straight answer as to when he sent a second money order.

Situation 2: Guy wanted his parts ASAP. Got mad at me when I shipped regular and they arrived after he "needed" them. I paid for the shipping. Turned into a huge dick swinging fest of who makes more money, who knows more about firearms, who is better at running a business. :rolleyes: Guy was completely unreasonable the whole time.

Situation 3: Bottom feeder wanted to buy a complete Colt factory new M16A4 upper from me for $400. Guy told me he could buy a Bushmaster for $600. I told him to **** off.

I usually try to keep my prices high to weed out these people and deal with a better class of customer but sometimes the shit bags slip through.

John_Wayne777
03-28-09, 21:31
95% of gun owners think that they are above average shots, above average in firearms knowledge,

Perfect example: In TOS GD there's a skeet shooter telling people that you don't aim a shotgun. He's equating shooting skeet on a bright sunny Sunday afternoon with birdshot to trying to stop a lethal threat in low light.

Who needs a red dot on a shotgun??? Just point and you'll be fine!

Outlander Systems
03-28-09, 22:19
It ain't just guns. On another forum, I was told that one of these:

http://www.instructables.com/files/deriv/F97/9N6E/F6PC42E1/F979N6EF6PC42E1.MEDIUM.jpg

is better than one of these:

http://www.gearcrave.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/jetboil.gif

It was a thinly-veiled diss, and more idiocy abounding.

Another thing guns and other areas of interest have in common:

There will always be the nitwit/cheapskate who claims a BSA can do anything your Aimpoint can do at 1/10th the cost. Or that a hobo stove is FTW, vs a canister stove.

FromMyColdDeadHand
03-28-09, 22:54
It ain't just guns. On another forum, I was told that one of these:

http://www.instructables.com/files/deriv/F97/9N6E/F6PC42E1/F979N6EF6PC42E1.MEDIUM.jpg

is better than one of these:

http://www.gearcrave.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/jetboil.gif

It was a thinly-veiled diss, and more idiocy abounding.

Another thing guns and other areas of interest have in common:

There will always be the nitwit/cheapskate who claims a BSA can do anything your Aimpoint can do at 1/10th the cost. Or that a hobo stove is FTW, vs a canister stove.

I have no idea what that second one is, but I have to have one. ;)

Outlander Systems
03-28-09, 23:08
They're really nice, but the tin-can stove is wayyyyyyy better.

Ed L.
03-28-09, 23:32
There's one of those going in TOS GD right now, complete with assertions that anyone who wouldn't go charging blindly toward the guns is a "coward". Personally I don't presume to tell other people what they should be willing to die for.

The amount of online chestbeating and bold claims of what they would do seems to have an inverse relationship with the amount of training and real life experience the poster has.

Firearms are inextricably linked with testosterone. Testosterone is inextricably linked with stupidity. Humility, on the other hand, is the product of significant life experience and surrounding yourself with people who are better and smarter than you are.

Excellent point. I am sure there is equal stupidity on many non-gunrelated forums as well.

I also think some of this goes with your frame of reference, as I said in the Main Battler Rifle Thread. Over the last few years, we've learned quite a lot about small arms over the last few decades due to advances in technology like reliable red dot optics and lessons in combat from Iraq & Afghanistan. This includes lessons about maintenance of the M4/M16.

If someone had experience with an M1 Garand in combat 50+ years ago and did not follow modern developments, I could see who they might think that the Garand was all he needed, especially if he heard horror stories about the M-16 malfunctioning in combat. However if he got to try a properly maintained M4 equipped with an Aimpoint, and had proper maintenance explained to him, his opinion might change.

Bat Guano
03-28-09, 23:52
Many years ago there was a series of photos in the American Rifleman with noted pistol shooter Joe Benner coaching a "new shooter". The new shooter was a chimpanzee. :D As a firearms trainer for my agency, I could certainly relate to that. As to the general population--well, it's grim. Darned hard to fix stupid. :confused:

For me, online, the surest sign is the guy who brays loudly about how open carry should be the norm. Sheesh.

HiggsBoson
03-29-09, 00:30

This may be my new favorite quote.

skyugo
03-29-09, 00:43

as long as he posts a vid of the bolt carrier stunt on youtube i'm all for it. :D

edit-oh, and he doesn't do it around me.

markm
03-29-09, 08:47
There will always be the nitwit/cheapskate who claims a BSA can do anything your Aimpoint can do at 1/10th the cost.

Hey! It CAN!! The BSA on my 10/22 is just as good as an Aimpoint exept for the fact that the front glass rattles in the tube!!! :p

Oscar 319
03-29-09, 09:45
Mark, you would not be talking about guys like this;

http://www.youtube.com/user/EliteTeamFighting

Who can forget the Elite Team Fighters.

HAMMERDROP
03-29-09, 10:47
Hey! It CAN!! The BSA on my 10/22 is just as good as an Aimpoint exept for the fact that the front glass rattles in the tube!!! :p

But what makes the BSA an even better value is you can turn the knobs with each shot, those critical adjustments ...
" why does the dot end up all the way to the left in the little window ?' 'Yeah all the way to the left, yeah after each shot fired! "

Michael

QuietShootr
03-29-09, 14:16
The need to be the smartest/baddest/whatever kid in the room among grown men is an impulse I do not understand.

Hell, I've been in BATTALIONS full of them.

RWBlue
03-29-09, 15:04
Its not guns, its just people these days.

+1

I don't think the average intelligence of the world is going up or down. The more educated we get the more stupid people I find. Common sence is not common any more.

Additionaly, it is hard to tell someone's age over the interenet. I am 95% sure I was arguing with a teenager the other day.

ReCon_1
03-29-09, 23:09
Violence is the last resort of ignorance.

CarlosDJackal
03-30-09, 09:04
As my former boss used to say: "Remember, it's a C-minus world!!" :D

Lumpy196
05-01-09, 14:13
Firearms are inextricably linked with testosterone. Testosterone is inextricably linked with stupidity.

Your man-card is revoked.

Nathan_Bell
05-01-09, 14:18

Yup, because a smarter person would have used it earlier, when it would have worked better.

markm
05-01-09, 14:21
Your man-card is revoked.

Must have been his wife posting with his log in. :confused:

(or someone from the Ali Bama administration)

A-Bear680
05-01-09, 14:24
Sure proof of that is found on any gun forum, just start a thread about Open Carry or not requiring CCW permits or suggest doing away w/ the NFA

You'll see sure proof real quick of your assertion! Sad really...:(

Some forums are a lot worse than other. I gave up on a state/regional forum a few weeks ago because of the tin foil blizzards.
Not worth a wasted half hour just to find something worth 5 minutes of reading.

obiwanbartobi
05-01-09, 21:39
Sorry MARKM but all the expletives in your first post are a bit "retarded" themselves, I'm not saying I'm smarter than anyone else but there are dictionaries and thesaruses.

ZDL
05-01-09, 21:48
Sorry MARKM but all the expletives in your first post are a bit "retarded" themselves, I'm not saying I'm smarter than anyone else but there are dictionaries and thesaruses.

You thought it over and decided this post was wise? You are adding nothing to the conversation, making inflammatory remarks, and trolling for an argument. Top notch decision. :rolleyes:

Luckily, there is an edit button here at M4c. Feel free to take advantage.

Lastly, it's thesauruses, not "thesaruses". Check your dictionary. :cool:

FromMyColdDeadHand
05-01-09, 22:14
As my former boss used to say: "Remember, it's a C-minus world!!" :D

Originally Posted by ReCon_1

Yup, because a smarter person would have used it earlier, when it would have worked better.

Now that is some funny stuff. I had no idea that this thread was so entertaining.

LOKNLOD
05-01-09, 22:17

Based on this start, I predict "the sore ass" will be more relevant than "thesaurus".

Abraxas
05-01-09, 22:22
most of the other half are "assholes".

Mom told me that I could be anything I wanted when I grew up:D

obiwanbartobi
05-02-09, 08:39
You thought it over and decided this post was wise? You are adding nothing to the conversation, making inflammatory remarks, and trolling for an argument. Top notch decision. :rolleyes:

Luckily, there is an edit button here at M4c. Feel free to take advantage.

Sorry again, not trying to look for an argument, and did not know about the edit button, thanks I'll use it.

I was looking In the dictionary LOL!

Just my opinion on swearing.

threefeathers
05-02-09, 08:40
Dealing with some of these folks is one of my favorite ways topick up used guns.:D

bobbo
05-02-09, 12:53

Is it too late to move the rock back?

BronxFireGuy
05-02-09, 15:05
I normally am just a lurker, but I thought this was too horrible to not share for those who haven't seen it. It makes those other guys look like NASA scientists.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeGvmr5_FjM

jwinch2
05-02-09, 18:03

There are morons everywhere, you just notice them more because it is a topic you are passionate about.

As an example, I am a professor of Kinesiology and all of my research revolves around human performance. I also have several years of coaching elite level athletes and consulting for major amateur and professional sports organizations. Suffice it to say, fitness, conditioning, and exercise is something that I am very passionate about.

However, I do my best to stay away from forums on fitness and exercise due to the amount of idiocy routinely found on those sites. I don't have the time or energy to give everyone the assistance they would need to pull their heads out of their asses.

Stupidity, unfortunately, seems to be contagious. Long story short..., I feel your pain...

mattk
05-02-09, 22:55

HAHAHAHA!! Throw your slings away now before they get you killed! Someone needs to call the military and tell them they need to contact these guys to properly train them.:rolleyes:

tpd223
05-03-09, 12:54
There are morons everywhere, you just notice them more because it is a topic you are passionate about.

However, I do my best to stay away from forums on fitness and exercise due to the amount of idiocy routinely found on those sites. I don't have the time or energy to give everyone the assistance they would need to pull their heads out of their asses.

Stupidity, unfortunately, seems to be contagious. Long story short..., I feel your pain...

A pretty good assessment I think.

In the intardnet world we could actually have one very stupid gun owning poster with many, many screen names and access to too much meth, madly posting away, thus giving the impression of lots of retards.

Most of the folks I know who own guns are pretty normal or above people. Several are highly educated folks, doctors, etc.

I have seen surveys which indicate the average gun owner is at least more educated than the average person in general.

My hypothesis is that the idiots get on the internet as they both lack people skills, and no one will talk to them in person.

I have found that the anonymity of the intardnet makes for really stupid stuff, trolls, flaming, etc due to being absolutely safe for one to be a total asshat without any repercussions.
On sites where folks have to give their real name to register, and/or forum rules are actually enforced, the level of stupid is WAY less.

Rhetorical question;
Doesn't a thread about how many stupid people have guns really play right into the ban crowd's agenda?

Littlelebowski
05-03-09, 17:02
I think there's too many people who get emotionally attached to their investment (see H2O Man). Not to mention the folks who think they're tough because they own a gun.

DangerMouse
05-03-09, 18:07

I didn't realize that so many Democrats were attracted to guns? I'll have to pay more attention when I read people's posts.

Caeser25
05-03-09, 19:09
There aren't any more retards than any other hobby, the mistakes are waaaaay less unforgiving if you screw up compared to things like knitting.

Littlelebowski
05-03-09, 19:11
There aren't any more retards than any other hobby, the mistakes are waaaaay less unforgiving if you screw up compared to things like knitting.

I sure see a lot of idiots at gunshows. Fat bastards wearing cammies just for the gunshow. Pog-ass REMFS who never had the balls to volunteer for Infantry walking around acting like they were tough men. If you're a squid (non SEAL /grunt corpsman) advising a grunt on how to fight, you might just want to shut up and listen for once. Same goes for someone who's never been in the Infantry. There's stuff they don't teach in your little 2-4 day gun classes that you don't know. So don't think you're the god of love and war because you have the best gear and/or have attended a class or two.

Also, tons of fat out of shape gun geeks advising real military men on what to take to battle. You know what? Being ready for battle is more than knowing what gear works and what's the best at the time. Being able to hump that shit a few miles and being able to fire it accurately under stress counts too.

Smuckatelli
05-03-09, 20:33
Some military people didn't have a choice, it takes more than just volunteering for the Infantry...it's all a numbers game.

I'll add in that there may be one nugget of information that the non Infantry or civilian has that could be the very thing that saves someone's rear end.

Shouldn't really blow someone off just because he's fat, non military, wears a t-shirt or doesn't agree with the person's perspective.

yrac
05-03-09, 21:52
Gents - My personal opinion is that this thread is becoming one of questionable value.

My official position is that this thread will not be allowed to degenerate into a military vs. LEO vs. civvy discussion. Thanks.

Mac5.56
05-03-09, 21:57
Why do guns attract so many retards

I just asked this question myself, today actually, while hiking with my fiance.

I've really been wondering it every since I moved out of Wyoming.

I can't believe the amount of tacticool, racism, ignorance, political nonsense, righteousness ext that rides on the coat tails of what is really nothing more then a tool.

edited to say: oops, just posted right after a mod, hope I didn't kill it...

murphy j
05-03-09, 22:09
There are a lot of Walter Middy types out there who spend a vast amount of their free time daydreaming about things that they'll never do, but research for any nugget of information to feed their imaginations. It seems to me that it gives these people a sense of empowerment to have the actual tools from their daydreams.

Littlelebowski
05-04-09, 07:18
Some military people didn't have a choice, it takes more than just volunteering for the Infantry...it's all a numbers game.

I'll add in that there may be one nugget of information that the non Infantry or civilian has that could be the very thing that saves someone's rear end.

Shouldn't really blow someone off just because he's fat, non military, wears a t-shirt or doesn't agree with the person's perspective.

Fair enough but my BS sensors go off when I see a combination of the above. murphyj summed it up above this comment for me.

The_War_Wagon
05-04-09, 11:15

Every time I get to thinking, 'Well, there's still 90 million gun owners in America - we're in PRETTY good shape,' then I remember, that at least 80 million of them, have probably posted something on YouTube, to make me worry again... :rolleyes:

Artos
05-04-09, 13:47
Didn't someone post the vid of that guy letting his buddy take a shot with a vest on?? Looked real enough and have no doubt it has happened.

white spaniard
05-04-09, 16:32

So we can apply the standard deviation/ Zscore to intelligence or lack of?

mattk
05-04-09, 17:36
Didn't someone post the vid of that guy letting his buddy take a shot with a vest on?? Looked real enough and have no doubt it has happened.

I think youtube took that vid down. That was definitely one of the most stupid things I've ever seen. It definitely looked real.

sandman99and9
05-05-09, 13:39
Is this the dumbass you were speaking of ??

http://www.nothingtoxic.com/media/1238543381/Dumbass_Regrets_Testing_Bullet_Proof_Vest_Vs_9mm

Poster child for trojan condoms !!!

s.m.

CarlosDJackal
05-05-09, 14:21
I think they're attracted to loud noises...

Don't forget the shiny stuff. They're attracted to shiny stuff as well!! :p

Mac5.56
05-05-09, 14:40
Is this the dumbass you were speaking of ??

Poster child for trojan condoms !!!

s.m.

Him and the entire group he is with. I can think of more then a few things to say about these people.

faithmyeyes
05-05-09, 14:46

I think the key to sharing information among people of different backgrounds is just for everyone to stay in their lane. I'm not going to tell a combat veteran what to take to battle, but if I think something I learned might have value I'll relate it conversationally and ask his opinion, without presuming to know what it's actually like out there. If I'm wrong, he'll tell me why, and I learn something. If I'm right, then my study is validated by his experience, and maybe I've helped him in some small way.

It's just common sense, and it's in the Bible (Luke 14:8-11):

When you are invited to a wedding feast, don’t sit in the seat of honor. What if someone who is more distinguished than you has also been invited? The host will come and say, ‘Give this person your seat.’ Then you will be embarrassed, and you will have to take whatever seat is left at the foot of the table! Instead, take the lowest place at the foot of the table. Then when your host sees you, he will come and say, ‘Friend, we have a better place for you!’ Then you will be honored in front of all the other guests. For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.

fme

Submariner
05-05-09, 17:57
whew

I had mine 2 weeks ago at the Pat Rogers class (disarming my pistol, faced in a safe direction, had a brain fart)

I am GTG ;)

Seriously, I hope to never have another. I am kind of obsessive about safety procedures etc and this was the first ever for me and should be the last

So are you now NFE?

Chroma
05-06-09, 03:26
I usually cruise around youtube for painful/stupid stunts or general video sillyness. After watching the Elite Team Fighting video (well, as much as I could stomach) I felt the urge to comment but it seems someone already has (probably one of you fine gents). Kudos to this guy. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Fdd3aHyj20&NR=1)

I think the obvious answers to the OP have pretty much been discussed to death in this thread so I'll just add my 2c and say that I don't mind the tacticool crowd, they'll serve as a nice buffer when the zombie horde finally does attack. :rolleyes:

mattk
05-06-09, 17:56
kudos indeed. that was really funny.
I'm not even gonna argue:p

sandman99and9
05-06-09, 20:03
I usually cruise around youtube for painful/stupid stunts or general video sillyness. After watching the Elite Team Fighting video (well, as much as I could stomach) I felt the urge to comment but it seems someone already has (probably one of you fine gents). Kudos to this guy. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Fdd3aHyj20&NR=1)

I think the obvious answers to the OP have pretty much been discussed to death in this thread so I'll just add my 2c and say that I don't mind the tacticool crowd, they'll serve as a nice buffer when the zombie horde finally does attack. :rolleyes:

Black ops special forces for the salvation army !! lol this guy was weezing just trying to talk to the camera. Must be a secret new P.T. program he isn't allowed to tell us about. " Mom I'm doing a video !!' :D:D

s.m.

p.s. where do I sign up ??

Hayduke
05-07-09, 00:35
Goddamn is this a classic thread! I've felt this way many many times at local ranges. Am also a firm beliver that the armchair warriors will serve two purposes for the rest of us: a buffer and a supply depot after they either blow themselves up or are quickly dispatched or rounded up into the camps.....LOL!

Zhurdan
05-07-09, 08:40
I don't think that guns attract more stupid people, it's just that the resulting stupidity has far more catastrophic results, so we hear about it more. Search youtube for "wrestling" and watch some of those idiots jump off of roofs onto a folding table and such, now THAT's retarded.

KellyTTE
05-07-09, 08:57
No, not that one either, the other other one.

I post pics of the piston FauxSBR with the PWS piston system. Here's the distilled exchange:

Me: I'm working with this system.
Him: Well, that system has problems. A fragile piston rod.
Me: I see, do you have direct experience with this system?
Him: No, but I'm an expert in these sorts of things.
Me: Oh, so what are your qualifications?
Him: Well, I'm not at liberty to say because of who I work for.
Me: Well, who do you work for then?
Him: Well, I can't tell you that either.

Sometimes its hardly worth it.

CarlosDJackal
05-07-09, 14:45
No, not that one either, the other other one.

I post pics of the piston FauxSBR with the PWS piston system. Here's the distilled exchange:

Me: I'm working with this system.
Him: Well, that system has problems. A fragile piston rod.
Me: I see, do you have direct experience with this system?
Him: No, but I'm an expert in these sorts of things.
Me: Oh, so what are your qualifications?
Him: Well, I'm not at liberty to say because of who I work for.
Me: Well, who do you work for then?
Him: Well, I can't tell you that either.

Sometimes its hardly worth it.

You might have been communicating with this RIFLE EXPERT (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFLGQCpLeLQ&feature=related) :D

Zhurdan
05-07-09, 14:52
You might have been communicating with this RIFLE EXPERT (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFLGQCpLeLQ&feature=related) :D

Dude, he totally knows what he's talking about. Did you see his Casio Watch review?? Awesome!!!;)

chadbag
05-07-09, 14:52

Oohhh Yeeaaahhhhhh!

Saginaw79
05-07-09, 15:33
I was watching a video at a training school here, and a well reputed one.

I was interested in a carbine course they had and the freakin' instructor on their promo video fired a few rounds and then he turned around w/ a hot weapon and swept the students and camera

I laughed my way to the door and told them id pass

Chroma
05-07-09, 16:28
Oh a self certified "rifle expert!"

I'm sure he's a phenomenal shot. ...as long as the wind isn't blowing... and he's shooting off the bench rest.

"I spend 5-6 hours a night on an advanced military combat simulator. You may have heard of it... Call of Duty 4"

Copis
05-07-09, 16:37
Im pretty sure I'm a retard and that is why I'm here !! :p

zchen
05-07-09, 17:04
It was a visit to my local gun shop followed by a trip to a local gun show that convinced me to become a gun owner. It was simply jarring to see some of the "customers" (and to hear the things they were saying) and I truly felt the need to protect my self from them.

sandman99and9
05-07-09, 20:32

Oooh crap, did Duane just hijack this thread ?? Better get at least 1001 yds away or he will hit you 10 out of 10 times......oooh yeah !!! Better check your six, he has a weapon in every room plus the entire crappy collection of knives from the BudK catalog :D You gotta check out his altoids survival kit video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnuXF2g50Sg

s.m.

LMarshall73
05-07-09, 20:33
It was a visit to my local gun shop followed by a trip to a local gun show that convinced me to become a gun owner. It was simply jarring to see some of the "customers" (and to hear the things they were saying) and I truly felt the need to protect my self from them.

+1

Some of the folks I encountered when attending my carry permit class were downright scary stupid.

KellyTTE
05-09-09, 13:34
General mouthbreathing thread on 'What's you most expensive rifle?'

I digressed and asked:

How about a thread on how much you spent on quality training?

Magpul Dynamics?
LMS Defense?
Viking Tactics?
CSAT?
Long Range International?
DCT?
OPS?
TigerSwan?
Larry Vickers?
John Farnham?

The best(worst?) answer:

12 Years of my Grandfather training me. He was a Colonel in the Panzergrenadiers.

Cost- Free
Effect- I can shoot pretty well.

tinman44
05-10-09, 00:59
this guy. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Fdd3aHyj20&NR=1)

i didnt read much of this thread so this may have been discussed but, this guy is just making fun of the tards imo cuz theres no way in hell anything in this video is serious. i mean the bike helmet, the uber 12 guage, the "i'm doing a video mom!", oh and the "my training is from the movie i had to watch when i became a mall security guard" he is actually a funny guy. i think my favorite part was the helmet that didnt fit.

edit: i read the post i quoted and i see i am in agreement with him. youtube is entertainment for me. only thing i've ever learned is a little about reloading. and after i cleaned the coke of my screen i watched the spoof video again and i think i changed my favorite part to the "i dont have a gun yet cuz its still at the pawn shop"
edit:edit: the whole spoof video makes me tear up.
edit:edit:edit: omg he debunks http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jgz5rlTInaQ&NR=1

chadbag
05-10-09, 01:09
i didnt read much of this thread so this may have been discussed but, this guy is just making fun of the tards imo cuz theres no way in hell anything in this video is serious. i mean the bike helmet, the uber 12 guage, the "i'm doing a video mom!", oh and the "my training is from the movie i had to watch when i became a mall security guard" he is actually a funny guy. i think my favorite part was the helmet that didnt fit.

edit: i read the post i quoted and i see i am in agreement with him. youtube is entertainment for me. only thing i've ever learned is a little about reloading. and after i cleaned the coke of my screen i watched the spoof video again and i think i changed my favorite part to the "i dont have a gun yet cuz its still at the pawn shop"
edit:edit: the whole spoof video makes me tear up.
edit:edit:edit: omg http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jgz5rlTInaQ&NR=1

This is the first one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kckLMufuObQ&feature=related

That spoof with the salvation army special ops guy is a great spoof on this.

MarshallDodge
05-13-09, 13:38
A buddy sent me an email with a bunch of those "What the ????? were they thinking?" photos in it. One of them made me think of this thread.

Gotta love the guitars. :rolleyes:

http://home.comcast.net/~fun2shoot/what.jpg

Going4Broke
05-13-09, 13:53
:eek:WTF!!

I think I will go pour acid on my eyes now and see if I can burn away that pukey image.

ZDL
05-13-09, 16:04
MarshallDodge. We need to talk about why you have pictures FromMyColdDeadHand.

chadbag
05-13-09, 16:13
At least his finger is off the trigger.

The face looks familiar for some reason. Don't remember why and probably just a coincidence.

mtk
05-13-09, 23:39
The short answer is that the "average" is a lot lower than you think.

sandman99and9
05-14-09, 10:42
A buddy sent me an email with a bunch of those "What the ????? were they thinking?" photos in it. One of them made me think of this thread.

OMG, where is my eye bleach ??? Gotta love those rock band guitars !! What is up with those colored mag floor plates at the bottom of the pic? Airsoft?
I think that pic is FromMyColdDeadHands personals ad on craigslist :eek: lol
Love you man, hope that arm is better !!

s.m.

sandman99and9
05-14-09, 10:52
From my post on the stupidest things heard at the range/gun store...
" Do you have a concealed carry holster for one of these ? "

http://i478.photobucket.com/albums/rr147/sandman99and9/DE_Tiger-Striped.jpg

That from one of our local boy here in orlando:eek: Huge baggy pants hanging off his ass, I almost shit myself when I heard that one!! Had to put my earpro on and hustle back into the range :D

s.m.

C4IGrant
05-14-09, 11:12

LOL, if you want to see some stupid chit, work in a gun shop! :eek:

I wish that I could post some of the questions I get e-mailed to me. Many times I type this response:

Sir,

Please find the box that your gun came in and send it back to the manufacturer (as you are too stupid to own it).

C4

markm
05-14-09, 12:40
Here's one I came across on TOS.

i would have a hard time seeing the need for a civilian needing to shoot at nite, i spose some on here do, probubly shooting there empty beer cans.

Safetyhit
05-14-09, 16:35

Why, why did I have to be witness to this?

Why? :(

exkc135driver
05-14-09, 17:31

The good news is, he's about to shoot his **** off, so there won't be any more like him in the gene pool.

(ETA: yes, I know, his finger is off the trigger and the hammer isn't cocked.)

Nathan_Bell
05-14-09, 17:41
FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS GOOD.

QUIT REPLICATING THAT PICTURE IN QUOTES!

I already wish I had Mental Floss to remove the knowledge that I saw that picture from my brain

Thomas M-4
05-14-09, 17:49

I CANT SEE I AM BLIIIIND OMG I AM BLIIIIND!!!!!!
I

mmx1
05-14-09, 18:38
Stop quoting it! It's bad enough there's one pic, it's been quoted 4 or 5 times!

KellyTTE
05-14-09, 18:45

Stop quoting it! It's bad enough there's one pic, it's been quoted 4 or 5 times!

I keep hoping that there's a followup pic where he nd's into his junk.

CleverNickname
05-14-09, 19:12
That guy posts on another much less serious firearms forum that I frequent.

http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/8639/iherdsomething2.jpg
http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/9544/iherdsomething1.jpg
http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/3150/iherdsomething3.jpg
http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/9199/glockass2.jpg

You're welcome.

tinman44
05-14-09, 19:24

You're welcome.

i hate you

Thomas M-4
05-14-09, 19:25
WTF OMG PLEASE NO MORE !!!

Safetyhit
05-14-09, 19:35
This thread now needs a disinfecting.

KellyTTE
05-14-09, 19:36
This thread now needs a disinfecting.

http://shhac.info/x/b/nuke_it_from_orbit.jpg

Zhurdan
05-14-09, 19:46
I really don't know what's worse....

That he took these pictures of himself OR

That he posted them where people had access to them OR

That someone actually TOOK those pictures and thought it was a good idea!!!

Zhur

sandman99and9
05-14-09, 23:14
Aarrgggggg !!! Where is the fookin eye bleach ??? I now want to carve out my eyes with a rusty spoon rather than see another pic of FromMyColdDeadHands :D

s.m.

ZDL
05-14-09, 23:47

You're welcome.

HOLLLLLEEEEE SHIT!!

LMFAO. That one made my sides hurt.

tinman44
05-15-09, 00:10
HOLLLLLEEEEE SHIT!!

LMFAO. That one made my sides hurt.

omg stop posting these pictures blargh
when will a mod come along and nuke these PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

JoJunior
05-15-09, 01:24
Is he an actor?

Safetyhit
05-15-09, 08:41
That thing should not be allowed to possess firearms.

markm
05-15-09, 09:18
HAS TO BE A STAFF MEMBER OF ARFCOM. :rolleyes:

Thomas M-4
05-15-09, 09:21
HAS TO BE A STAFF MEMBER OF ARFCOM. :rolleyes:

Looks like a mix between a KLINGON and WOKIE to me:D

sandman99and9
05-15-09, 11:56
Hey, is that the new trailer for a Jack Black movie ??

s.m.

John_Wayne777
05-15-09, 12:56
Jesus H......

Enough with the meat gazing.

Going4Broke
05-15-09, 15:45
That thing should not be allowed to possess firearms.

You sure got that right.

Looks like a mix between a KLINGON and WOKIE to me:D

ROFLMAO. That dude escaped from somewhere and should be sent right back.

markm
07-15-09, 09:34
This tard cut his lower with a hack saw! :rolleyes:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=451530

decodeddiesel
07-15-09, 09:49
This tard cut his lower with a hack saw! :rolleyes:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=451530

And it was an LMT registered SBR no less! :rolleyes:

markm
07-15-09, 10:10
It's not even the lower damage. It's how the idiot came to that point. WOW!

Safetyhit
07-15-09, 11:12
It's not even the lower damage. It's how the idiot came to that point. WOW!

At least the pictures of hairy fat men have stopped.

RogerinTPA
07-15-09, 12:47
Do to the above pics, this thread has turned completely GAY!

Now I'm gonna throw up, surf the web for dead puppies and clubbed baby seals, to get those images out of my head!

markm
07-15-09, 12:51
Do to the above pics, this thread has turned completely GAY!

Jeez! I didn't see those before. The pic filter must be down right now because they're viewable today. :rolleyes:

nfranco
07-28-09, 12:38
From another site, a discussion on the noise the spring makes in the receiver extension:

"Has anyone ever tried wrapping the spring in something like the outer layer of para-cord or something similar so there isn't the metal on metal contact of the buffer spring vs. buffer tube?"

markm
07-28-09, 12:57
From another site, a discussion on the noise the spring makes in the receiver extension:

"Has anyone ever tried wrapping the spring in something like the outer layer of para-cord or something similar so there isn't the metal on metal contact of the buffer spring vs. buffer tube?"

There were retards on another site wanting to dip the buffer spring in that liquid rubber tool handle crap that's used for coating handles on small hand tools.

decodeddiesel
07-28-09, 13:06
There were retards on another site wanting to dip the buffer spring in that liquid rubber tool handle crap that's used for coating handles on small hand tools.

That's the best poop I've heard all day! :D

markm
07-28-09, 13:11
That's the best poop I've heard all day! :D

There were two guys patting each other on the back for a creative idea. :rolleyes: