PDA

View Full Version : Raven Concealment holster for 3 guns

Sam
03-27-09, 20:36
Not 3 gun competition but three different handguns. :)

I wanted a holster that will carry my S&W M&P full size, Pro and Glock 19, yes Glock. From my past experience with Raven and other kydex rigs, you can carry a Glock in an M&P holster but not the other way around. Since all three guns have slightly different barrel length, the Raven Ghost fits the bill just fine. I ordered it for the M&P. It showed up today after about 40+ days of wait.

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/raven-ghost_002.jpg

The Pro sticks out more than the full size.

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/raven-ghost_003.jpg

The Glock 19 is the most compact set up, combine with the body hugging feature of the Ghost, it easily disappeared under light cover garment.

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/raven-ghost_001.jpg

Unlike the Phantom, the Ghost's belt loops are riveted to the body of the holster, not using the screws like the Phantom. This limits the holster from being converted to IWB or whatever other form of carry. But it's ok with me, I have a Talon Tactical appendix IWB for other purpose.

The Ghost is light and even with a loaded M&P, I hardly noticed the weight.

Need a versatile holster? Think Ghost.

I must provide a full disclosure: I am not associated or being paid or given free holster by Raven.

Gingerkid
03-28-09, 08:44
Nice rig.. Does that model hug even closer to the body than the Phantom since the loops are riveted on?

Sam
03-28-09, 19:01
The loops does appear to be tighter than on my Phantom rig, maybe 1/8" closer. The Ghost rides about 1/2" lower than the Phantom, I think it's a little more comfortable for me.

Steve
03-28-09, 19:15
Nice rig.. Does that model hug even closer to the body than the Phantom since the loops are riveted on?

Dude the not riveted there screwed on

the ghost is a great rig....... like all there other kit but be forward order now and soon and a lot :D

Sam
03-28-09, 19:28
Dude the not riveted there screwed on

the ghost is a great rig....... like all there other kit but be forward order now and soon and a lot :D

The Ghost's belt loops are riveted, so they're permanent.

The Phantom's are screwed, so they're interchangeable.

Steve
03-28-09, 21:45
went back and looked my mistake,

Dave G
03-29-09, 00:51
Nice soap collection.

Sam
03-29-09, 08:19
Nice soap collection.

Chicks dig 'em. Better get back on topic before the mods slap us down.

matt7184
03-29-09, 18:35
Sweet! I have a Ghost on order so I can run my 9L, 9F, and 9C. Also like that it is cut so I can run my manual safety frame or CT Lasergrips as well.

Did not know a Glock will fit in it. How is the retention? (that will make the rig even sweeter!)

Sam
03-29-09, 19:52
Did not know a Glock will fit in it. How is the retention? (that will make the rig even sweeter!)

The Glock fits snug and snaps in with a click. You can hold the holster upside down and shake it and the Glock won't fall out.

I wore this holster since I received it Friday and it's very comfortable and holds the gun close to my side, similar to an IWB. Worn it with the M&P on Saturday and with the G19 on Friday and Sunday.