PDA

View Full Version : Magpul Kit Question

SWATcop556
03-28-09, 03:36
I recently decided that it was time for me to lose the all black look for one of my rifles. I decided to change out the furniture on my 10.5 LMT SBR. I have been using the Magpul gear and found some of the OD Green XTM rail panels and I really liked the dark shade of green so I picked up the panels and thought I would just change out the rest of the kit.

The problem that I have run into is that virtually no one stocks the OD Green. Plenty of Black, FDE, and Foliage out there but no OD. I'm searching for a milspec CTR, MIAD, and of course OD Green P-Mags (which are sold out everywhere no matter the color).

Is this just my imagination that the OD is hard to find or is it true and just not a stocking item for most dealers. Any info would be appreciated.

PRGGodfather
03-28-09, 04:02
I dressed one of my AR's in OD. I got the CTR, grip mags and rail covers from Brownells about 8 months ago.

Obama's coming into office changed all of that.

uspopo
03-28-09, 07:37
I think I can help you out. Check your PM. Stay Safe,

Stan

randolph
03-28-09, 09:12
I have ODG Pmags Id be willing to trade. several NIW...

on edit, i have foliage green, sorry for the confusion.
http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii27/bilylovec/bang/DSC_0059.jpg

RD62
03-28-09, 09:23
I recently decided that it was time for me to lose the all black look for one of my rifles. I decided to change out the furniture on my 10.5 LMT SBR. I have been using the Magpul gear and found some of the OD Green XTM rail panels and I really liked the dark shade of green so I picked up the panels and thought I would just change out the rest of the kit.

The problem that I have run into is that virtually no one stocks the OD Green. Plenty of Black, FDE, and Foliage out there but no OD. I'm searching for a milspec CTR, MIAD, and of course OD Green P-Mags (which are sold out everywhere no matter the color).

Is this just my imagination that the OD is hard to find or is it true and just not a stocking item for most dealers. Any info would be appreciated.

Not your imagination. Black probably outsells all the others combined, and maybe even then some. FDE is next most popular, with either green running a distant third, at least in my experience.

Don't take this I don't like the green, cause I do. But in todays industry environment of high demand, and long backlog, manufacturers and dealers seem to be seeing a higher demand for Black and FDE and are therefore catering to those colors.

Although OD seems to be the least popular, it is out there, and you will find some (as evidenced by the posts above mine), but it will definately take some patience.

Good luck!

-RD62

ALCOAR
03-28-09, 17:45
DIDO on the Magpul Od green being tough to find. I just got stock, grip, panels in od green from area51. And since just watched the web like a hawk and managed to get 2 windowed and 3 non pmag in od green. Its like pulling teeth!

dutch308
03-28-09, 18:42
Ordered my MAID, CTR and P-Mags all in OD from Larue and my OD MOE Handguards directly from Magpul. Handgueards arrived the other day, for Larue orders its best to call them to double check.

Teufelhunden
03-28-09, 21:47
I bought my rifle 2 years ago, and OD stuff was tough to find then. I don't think OD green is one of the 'cool' colors anymore, so it takes back seat to classic black and 'cool' FDE.

Changing my furniture was far easier (and reversible) than painting my rifle...

-Lawhund

seb5
03-29-09, 06:16
The military drives the military type market, still. The Army and Air Force uses foliage for most things web like and the Marine Corps and Navy use coyote or DE for their accessories. I traded for several OD Pmags. When I get home tomorrow I'll look and see if I have more than I want. If so, I'll trade you out. I can't remember if I had 12 or 18. 12 seems to be my number. I'll check.