PDA

View Full Version : Confession

duece71
03-28-09, 09:42
I have heard a lot about the Magpul PMAG and have wanted to get one to try it out. My quest has been a long road as most of the places I have ordered one are either out of stock or back ordered until whenever. So....while travelling for work, I try to visit local gunshops of where I am staying. A place in CO that I called said "PMAGs are all that we carry". Great, I said, I'll be right over. Well, the shop had them in stock, and plenty of them. Black or earth were the 2 choices. My excitement was diminshed when I saw the price that they were charging for 1 mag. Are you ready?? $35.00!!! :eek: Now, on all of the internet stores that I have visited, most were selling at $15.00 to $20.00, which is probably why the particular store was sold out. Well, I bought one at the 35 dollar price and had immediate buyers remorse. :( I should have held out. Well, after examining the PMAG, I realized that it looks the business and can't wait to try it out in all of my ARs. Sorry for the long story, but, should I have held out for a better price or am I just looking too far into this???
Thanks for reading.

KellyTTE
03-28-09, 09:52
Sounds like either 'The Shootist' (I saw 30+ dollar PMAGs in there a week ago) or 'The Firing Line'.

threefeathers
03-28-09, 09:57
Yes the mag frenzy seems to have died down to some extent.

SoDak
03-28-09, 10:22
Yes the mag frenzy seems to have died down to some extent.

Yeah, pkfirearms has had black windowed pmags in for at least a day. Too bad all the pmags out there right now seem to be the windowed ones. Not that I have anything against the windowed ones, I just prefer the basic pmags because they are cheaper.

Plink
03-28-09, 11:52
PMags are definitely starting to show up again. OD is still hard to find, but most other basic colors are to be had for $18-$20. Still not down to the original price of $14, but at least they are available. I've seen that people buying a bunch then trying to resell them for huge markups are not selling them as fast as they once were. Hopefully we will start seeing this with other AR parts as time goes on. BCG's are becoming more available, also.

Rider79
03-28-09, 19:45
Shoulda held out:

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=PMAG&reference=http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?search=action&category=MAGP

Guardian
03-28-09, 21:17
I am trying to find the OD ones also. I'll keep waiting....

motoman
03-29-09, 09:14
last week i was at local show and there was a guy who had pmags for $35 also. unbelievable. he also had standard steel ak mags for $35. wow!!