PDA

View Full Version : Tattoo artist in Tampa-Ybor City

M4arc
03-28-09, 15:33
Does anyone have any recommendations of a tattoo artist in the Tampa-Ybor City area?

I saw a lot of shops on E Palm (I think it was E Palm) and was wondering if anyone had any first hand experience and could recommend someone?

HES
03-28-09, 15:48
Does anyone have any recommendations of a tattoo artist in the Tampa-Ybor City area?

I saw a lot of shops on E Palm (I think it was E Palm) and was wondering if anyone had any first hand experience and could recommend someone?
I dunno about Ybor, but I'll rattle some cages here and see what I come up with. How fast do you need an answer?

M4arc
03-28-09, 15:55
I dunno about Ybor, but I'll rattle some cages here and see what I come up with. How fast do you need an answer?

No hurry. What area are you in?

HES
03-28-09, 17:33
The homestead is now in the Lutz / Land O Lakes area but I go all over the place. I remember when there were 2 bars in Ybor: Carmines and Masquerade.

M4arc
03-28-09, 17:46
The homestead is now in the Lutz / Land O Lakes area but I go all over the place. I remember when there were 2 bars in Ybor: Carmines and Masquerade.

I went there for the first time a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it. That area has great restaurants, good bars, and an awesome atmosphere. The tattoo studios made it all the better! We had dinner at a killer Greek place grabbed some drinks and had a blast.

HES
03-28-09, 18:02
For the finest Cuban food try the Columbia if you got the cash. I need to get down there more often. As for getting inked in Ybor, try looking up Jeff Ziozios at Phat Katz, at least thats what my well inked friends have told me. Might be best to call him for an appointment. Clean shop, sanitary, reasonable prices.

Oh you live in the area or just visiting?

M4arc
03-28-09, 18:08
For the finest Cuban food try the Columbia if you got the cash. I need to get down there more often. As for getting inked in Ybor, try looking up Jeff Ziozios at Phat Katz, at least thats what my well inked friends have told me. Might be best to call him for an appointment. Clean shop, sanitary, reasonable prices.

Oh you live in the area or just visiting?

Just visiting. Thanks for the tip about Jeff Ziozios.

HES
03-28-09, 20:16
Just visiting. Thanks for the tip about Jeff Ziozios.
Enjoy your stay. You might want to consider visting 2001 and Mons Venus if thats your thing. Any other touristy information that you need, just let me know.

Lumpy196
03-29-09, 00:02
YOU getting ink Marc?

M4arc
03-29-09, 07:29
YOU getting ink Marc?

Hey Lumpy! Yeah I'm thinking of getting some more work done. Nothing big but I can knock out some small stuff while I'm traveling.

threebanger
03-29-09, 08:45
When I was stationed there most guys I knew got there ink from a shop in downtown Dunedin. I can't remember the name but it was right on Main St. As for Ybor I'd steer clear just because it's Ybor.

HES
03-29-09, 09:57
Ive heard good things about the buy in Duenedin as well , but cant remember his name either. Ybor got boring / annoying with all the dumb kids running around there, but it was never a place I wouldn't go out of safety concerns.

ICANHITHIMMAN
03-29-09, 11:36
Were the heck are you guys?

M4arc
03-29-09, 11:40
It doesn't have to be Ybor I just saw a lot of them there. But I'm open to suggestions as long as I don't have to travel outside of Tampa/St Pete.

HES
03-29-09, 11:48
Were the heck are you guys?
Fellow Tampa area resident?

BAC
03-29-09, 21:01
Represent! :p

-B

HES
03-29-09, 23:51
I just had a nostalgic though. This weekend (when the Air Show was in town) was the one weekend that you didnt bother going to the Yucatan Liquor Stand. You could have gone in there at your best, where any other weekend you could hook up in about 5 minutes, but this weekend, even the most zit coverd E-I.O.U.-1, so long as he was in a flight suit, could score. What was entertaining was when the Aussie AF would come in the the USAF officers and EMs would wind up getting throw to the side with the rest of us.

MonteSmoke
03-30-09, 00:41
I have not been down in that area since the cigar festival in Nov. i dont remmember any Tat shops. I can only be little help with the cigars.:D have fun and good luck

Centerfire
03-31-09, 14:34
I haven't read the entire post, but I am heavily tattooed. I will give you some advice and tell you to travel to get tattooed. Even if it's your first. One you'll get worked on by very good artists, and two you'll get to explore new areas. START RANT Also, DON'T BE AFRAID TO PAY. The tattoo will be there for the rest of your live, don't price check because you'll end up with half inch old english that will be a black square of undistiguishable mush in five years. END RANT At any rate. Check out Mike Wilson at Inksmith and Rogers in Jacksonville. Good luck.

RogerinTPA
03-31-09, 15:40
Along HWY60/Gulf-to-Bay, head west towards CLearwater beach. There are several Ink parlors along the way and along the beach. Downtown Dunedin has one or two and good restaurants.