PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in Florida that can recomend

gogetal3
03-28-09, 19:23
a decent place to go and get tactical gear? Such as Blackhawk products or Diamondback products. Where do some of you LEO's go to get equipment? Other than the internet of course. I'm a new 3 gun match shooter and will be taking more carbine and pistol courses so I'm looking to gear up. Thanks in advance

David

Neeglik
03-28-09, 19:26
Where in Florida?

In the Jacksonville area, you can get Eagle, Specter, ATS, and BFG gear at Gun Gallery. DGG Taser carries Safariland, Maxpedition, and 5.11 stuff. There is one in St. Augustine near the community college (can't think of the name right now...Shooter's Supply, maybe?) that carries Maxpedition stuff as well.

Hope that helps...

ZDL
03-28-09, 19:29
I've given up looking for brick and mortar stores in Florida. I do everything on line. What keeps you from doing the same?

gogetal3
03-28-09, 19:47
well, I can't stand the wait times from online, and nothing beats the up close and personal. I forgot to specify, central FL area, orlando-ish. I do get up to St. Augustine, infact that's where I'm taking my next two classes, Bushidotactical's S.U.S.R, and Carbine readiness L2 in summer. But I'm looking to gear up way sooner like tomorrow if possible to compete in my local matches.

ZDL
03-28-09, 21:00
well, I can't stand the wait times from online, and nothing beats the up close and personal. I forgot to specify, central FL area, orlando-ish. I do get up to St. Augustine, infact that's where I'm taking my next two classes, Bushidotactical's S.U.S.R, and Carbine readiness L2 in summer. But I'm looking to gear up way sooner like tomorrow if possible to compete in my local matches.

I'm near you and haven't found anything worth mentioning. Good luck. Let us know if you find anything.

Mr.Goodtimes
03-29-09, 18:08
Im from the tampa area and theres nothing around here that i know of. all the gun shops around here are practically worthless.

BAC
03-31-09, 19:39
I've found no such stores between Tampa and Kissimmee. I understand it doesn't get better north or south.

-B

gogetal3
03-31-09, 20:21
It's pretty rediculous really all these goodies need be ordered online. There's no where in FL that you can just go and get tacticool supplies. Hell I ordered a diamondback duty belt, and an M4 mag pouch a month ago and am still waiting.

DARK-KNIGHT
04-01-09, 02:53
Well...Jacksonville isn't far from St. Augustine. If you get the chance to come up this way, I would try the Gun Gallery or DGG.

motorolahamm
03-31-12, 09:29
Yeah really cant find anythingin my area either. i'm in central florida also. there is a surplus store 20 miles away or so but they carry crap condor stuff.

rob_s
03-31-12, 09:34
One of the benefits of attending classes in the proper sequence is that you get a chance to see what other people are using and get an idea of whether or not it will work for you.

With new nylon and kydex companies cropping up every 27 seconds, and more of them being shit than not, and with established brands turning to shit every 87 seconds, it's virtually impossible for a brick-and-mortar store to keep a decent stock AND compete on price. That's why most carry the dreck from Blackhawk and Condor and such: lower cost = lower investment = greater profit margins & less risk.

SWATcop556
03-31-12, 10:46
And the winner of the March 2012 Necropost of the Month is motorolahamm with almost three years to the day. :thank_you2:

Reagans Rascals
03-31-12, 10:48
in Daytona there is Florida Gun Exchange... in Jax there is Gun Gallery and Shooters

rob_s
03-31-12, 10:56
And the winner of the March 2012 Necropost of the Month is motorolahamm with almost three years to the day. :thank_you2:

Ha! I didn't look at the year, just saw the first couple of posts were March and a couple of days old, didn't know it was three YEARS and a couple of days.

:D

motorolahamm
04-01-12, 08:00
lol neither did I just did a search for something this was there. So I reviewed and commented. LOL:D