PDA

View Full Version : LPK questions

Mark/MO
03-28-09, 19:38
A friend just ordered a lower parts kit from Fulton Armory and got it within a week My question, are they any good? I think I read somewhere here that they're made for Fulton by DPMS. Is this correct? I searched but didn't find the thread I was thinking of. I am needing a LPK too and thought of ordering one w/o the trigger and hammer.

Also I've been looking at Bill Springfield's trigger group. I have seen several favorable reviews and favorible comments here. Any downsides to his trigger groups I'm missing? Thanks.

bkb0000
03-28-09, 21:10
the parts i've gotten fro fulton have been fine- several gas tubes, several FSBs, charging handles, castle nuts, end plates, misc pins and springs, etc. i've never used their complete LPKs, but I've used plenty of DPMS LPKs without issue. their trigs are hit-n-miss- some are nice and short takeup, others are about two football fields end-to-end before the break.

Mark/MO
03-29-09, 13:16
Thanks for the info.
I am considering buying the parts kit w/o trigger or hammer from Fulton and buying the trigger group from Bill Springfield. The 4 lb setup looks good to me, I just want to hear other opinions. I mentioned this to an AR guy here and he was concerned that the polishing or grinding on the trigger would affect the hardening and pose problems to long term durability. I really don't see that and said so.

bkb0000
03-29-09, 13:59
nah.. i actually do my own little trig tune job on most trigs i install- 280 grit multipurpose sandpaper, ever so slightly round/polish off the sears.. smoothes out the roughest of trigs. surely it takes life off the FCG, but thats the nature of breaking things in.