PDA

View Full Version : MOE Grip Not Fitting LMT Receiver

civilian
03-29-09, 01:46
Picked up a couple MOE grips and neither wants to fit my LMT receiver. The stock grip fits just fine. Before I take some sandpaper to this thing, is there some special trick unique to installing the MOE grip?

bkb0000
03-29-09, 02:03
sometimes grips are tight, but i've never had one i couldnt shove on with a little manliness

bkb0000
03-29-09, 02:03
twist a little.. get one corner on, then twist/shove the other on

Shihan
03-29-09, 03:11
What he said. The 20 or so I have installed have been tight. The last one on a Roggio lower which was all kinds of messed up i hd to rubber malet on.

civilian
03-29-09, 20:28
Thanks fellas. Seems I wasn't applying enough elbow grease. bkb's tip below did the trick.

twist a little.. get one corner on, then twist/shove the other on

R1pper
03-30-09, 14:25
What he said. The last one on a Roggio lower which was all kinds of messed up i hd to rubber malet on.

Hmm, Ive been there before :rolleyes:

-DM-

Shihan
03-30-09, 15:29
Hmm, Ive been there before :rolleyes:

-DM-

He needs a total revamp of his line as my mag well was out of spec and needed filled, threads for the RE to large and the area for the PG was wider than a Colt, LAR, LMT, SD and POF lower and it was a mofo to get the MOE on it.

R1pper
03-30-09, 15:35
He needs a total revamp of his line as my mag well was out of spec and needed filled, threads for the RE to large and the area for the PG was wider than a Colt, LAR, LMT, SD and POF lower and it was a mofo to get the MOE on it.

Right before Roggio replaced my lower, my FFL sent him a copy of the TDP and lower blue print from Colt. So I hope he used those materials wisely and put them to use.

I know Ross was very appreciative when he got that schematic. I guess he called and talked to my FFL for about an hour after he recieved that fax.

-DM-