PDA

View Full Version : Noveske .308 barrel question.

bigshooter
03-29-09, 13:45
from the Noveske website's .308 barrel page.

This barrel fits the Noveske N6 and Armalite AR-10 series of rifles. The barrel extension features the latestet generation extended feed ramps from Armalite.

does this mean they only fit Armalite uppers?.

would they work in a DPMS or Fulton Armory stripped upper?.

thanks -

SHIVAN
03-29-09, 14:17
People who have both have said they will swap back and forth without issue. Other people have mentioned that, in theory, it creates a dangerous situation because of the interaction of he DPMS bolt with the ArmaLite pattern lugs being slightly different, but operational. With the opposite also being true.

My personal comfort has kept me using only like-kind parts with one another.

If you try it out, let us know how it goes. :cool:

LonghunterCO
03-30-09, 09:09
Is anyone making aftermarked barrels for the DPMS weapons? Do you all think it is only the difference in the barrel's receiver extention?

SHIVAN
03-30-09, 09:19
I think the extension pattern and dimensions are supposedly identical. From what I've been told, the only real difference is the way the barrel extension mates to the barrel.

LonghunterCO
03-30-09, 10:23
Norveske should offer the second type of barrel extention on there barrels and open their product line to more people... but then they did not ask me.

bigshooter
03-30-09, 17:59
I am going to call Pac-Nor tomorrow and see what they have to say.

eternal24k
07-29-09, 10:54
I wish Noveske would make .308 barrels with DPMS barrel extensions

SSGN_Doc
07-29-09, 18:49
Is anyone making aftermarked barrels for the DPMS weapons? Do you all think it is only the difference in the barrel's receiver extention?

GA Precision uses Bartlien barrels for DPMS. Fulton Uses Kreigers. I'm not sure about JP Enterprises. I think White Oak or Compass Lake had a couple of different .308 barrels available as well.

eternal24k
07-29-09, 20:13
I just got a quote for a krieger barrel and I can't figure out what the extension is, it is through a company that does custom uppers, and they insist that it doesnt matter. I do not want to pay over $600 for a barrel that may not be optimal.
Are all Krieger barrels made with DPMS pattern extensions?