PDA

View Full Version : Troy Single point sling

Infidel1975
03-30-09, 15:42
I went out and put 300 rounds through my new 6920 today and it functioned flawlessly! I now know the sling that came with it is very uncomfortable and I really want a single point sling.I really want an MS2 but I want to change out the factory sling now and doubt I'll be able to find a MS2 anytime soon.I am thinking of getting a Troy single point sling and attaching it with either a ASAP or a Daniel Defense EZ Carbine QD Swivel attachment(single position).Would the Troy Single point sling and Daniel Defense EZ Carbine Swivel be a good choice?Has anyone tried this setup and what are the advantages/problems with it.If there is a better choice I am open to suggestions .

03-30-09, 15:56
I'm going to order the Tango Down PR-4 mount for my N4. It looks beefier than the DD mount. I decided afterall not to mess with the factory end plate and staking Noveske did.

I like the multiple sling loop mount options on the PR-4. It allows you to mount it left, right, or rear. I can use my MS2 on the rear and if I choose to, switch the quick release loop to the side and attach another brand sling using the more traditional webbing/loop method.

I'm waiting on Gear Sector to release their new GS-1P sling.

seb5
03-30-09, 18:29
I either have or have used all of the products being discussed. I like the new DD, pretty slick. But if I'm buying them check out the Noveske. I bought 2 and it's the only one I'll buy again of what's currently available.

http://noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bin/imcart/display.cgi?cat=61

Detmongo
03-31-09, 09:36
i've been using the troy single point sling for about six months now good sling. it does everything i need a sling to do. it is mounted on a dieter cqd sling plate.

Magsz
03-31-09, 16:04
Ive found that the pad tends to bind on gear, especially if you're running with a camelbak or pack on your back.

Ive also found that over time the pad really does nothing to make everything more comfortable.

I would go with a gear sector ASP any day of the week over the troy single point.

Detmongo
03-31-09, 17:24
my troy dosn't have the pad.

Josh-L
03-31-09, 19:15
The padded Troy single point is not very good in my opinion. The pad is just to stumpy and gets in the way more then helps. I just got some of the new Blue Force Gear padded UDC slings and they are very very slick. I am going to get some trigger time with one on Thursday and will post a new thread about them after that.

seb5
03-31-09, 20:00
On the sling, there are better options as well, IMHO. I love Troy products, mostly. The single point sling is bulkier, busier, and less comfortable than most others. For a single point I prefer the less is more approach. I like Spectre Gear single points if I'm buying, or a length of tubular nylon and some hardware and I have a great $6.00 sling.