PDA

View Full Version : Noveske lowers in stock

Mung
03-30-09, 21:33
http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=729

Tempted, but I need to finish another build first.

03-30-09, 21:36
300 bucks? Have at it.

jakjakman
03-30-09, 21:38
Good god, $300 for a milspec lower, a normal forged lower? I mean I'm a fan of Noveske and all, but at least with their barrels you get something unique and better than the rest, but an extra $150 for the name? Yikes! :eek:

Kimbo
03-30-09, 21:42
Just got the email notification and purchased it... Aw geez this is gonna be a mistake :D

spamsammich
03-30-09, 22:31
I have a Noveske lower and still can't endorse them at that price. No thanks.

lmmmmm
03-30-09, 22:37
Let's see. A complete N4 Basic is $1595.

A stripped lower is $ 295.
A complete N4 upper is now selling for $1045.
------------
include a lower parts kit 70
------------
still need a vltor stock maybe 90
------------
and the troy rear sight 140
------------

and im sure im missing some parts .... so how much is Novekse selling lowers for on their complete rifle???

Stripped Noveske's are selling on GB from 395-450.

Kimbo
03-30-09, 23:31
The complete lower should come with a buis. Either way I bought this "just in case". If Noveske starts stocking their website with rifles, I'll still build this one and give it to my brother as a gift and get a factory complete rifle for myself :D. And apparently I'm not the only one who bought a lower because Rainierarms is sold out now.

Nevermiss
04-01-09, 15:01
I picked up a couple Tactical Innovations T15BDX Billet lowers from Ranier for $279 a few weeks ago and I'm glad I did!

At least the Noveske lowers are less than I paid for my Magpul lower-had to get the complete rifle of course :)

Kimbo
04-01-09, 20:26
Honestly I spent the money on the Roll mark :p. That and I want the lower to match the upper (which I don't have yet) :D

yallknowho
04-02-09, 01:06
I bought one back in 2006 for like 150.

HAIL-CAESAR
04-04-09, 20:44
Bought several in 2008 for 138ish. Looks like Rainer is looking to cash in too on a logo craze.
For 3 bills, someone else can buy a sack full. I'll buy from another dealer.

mpardun
04-04-09, 20:58
Bought several in 2008 for 138ish. Looks like Rainer is looking to cash in too on a logo craze.
For 3 bills, someone else can buy a sack full. I'll buy from another dealer.

No Doubt...how bout the $1,800 LMT Piston Upper! They are usually pretty good, this surprises me a little.

HAIL-CAESAR
04-04-09, 21:02
No Doubt...how bout the $1,800 LMT Piston Upper! They are usually pretty good, this surprises me a little.

Same thing..Doing a little cashing in themselves. I took my business elsewhere.;)

hammerheart
04-04-09, 22:07
lanworld had noveske lowers in stock about a year ago. i had no builds planned, but I bought 3 anyhow haha

fodder
04-05-09, 19:54
And...they're gone.

HAIL-CAESAR
04-05-09, 19:57
Good riddance and good grief.

darrendeep6
04-06-09, 03:22
Bought mine for 169.00 from Rainier in October '08. Sad to see Rainier involved in the gouging.

Army Chief
04-06-09, 03:54
Rainier Arms can speak for themselves on this one, but I do know a couple of things to be true here:

1. Dealer pricing has gone up. Before the dealer markup is added, these lowers are currently arriving at very near the $200 mark -- again, that's the dealer cost.

2. Availability remains a problem. If you're a small-medium volume dealer, and you used to get 30 lowers per month to sell, then a very modest markup was able to keep a decent revenue stream going. If you're now reduced to getting 20 lowers every third or fourth month (if that), then you have little choice but to ask more for each one because (a) you have no idea when you'll get your next shipment, and (b) in the meantime, you aren't making money on parts that you can no longer keep in stock.

Larger dealers can compensate for this in other ways, but the little guys sort of have their backs up against the wall here. I used to really take exception to what I perceived as "gouging" too, only to be told that this was simply market forces as work, etc. While I still don't care for the explanation, as more time has passed, it has begun making more sense to me. You can't sell product that you can't get your hands on, and when you do get it, I guess it stands to reason that you're going to have to ask a bit more for it in order to keep the lights on.

As consumers, we have the right to shop elsewhere, of course, but part of the problem here is that Rainier has a close relationship with Noveske, so if they can't keep these lowers in stock, where else are you expecting to find one? Gunbroker? You'll pay even more there.

The situation is pretty miserable all the way around; that said, I suspect that opportunism isn't to blame nearly so much as a simple business instinct to survive. If you a vendor -- rather than an on-site manufacturer -- you're likely facing some tough times at the moment. Here's hoping these shortages ease up as we get a bit closer to mid-year.

AC

C4IGrant
04-06-09, 09:44
Bought mine for 169.00 from Rainier in October '08. Sad to see Rainier involved in the gouging.

That might not be accurate. Noveske has raised prices on their lowers so the dealer has to raise their's (FYI).

Noveske lowers have sold for as high as $800 on gun auction sights so $300 is actually not that bad. ;)

C4

markm
04-06-09, 09:52
And in any case, why should Rainier be obligated to sell LOW so dickheads can just list them on the auction sites?

Abraxas
04-06-09, 10:05
an extra $150 for the name? Yikes! :eek:

And a logo;)

RadioActivity
04-06-09, 10:24
I have to admit I snatched up a Rainier Arms lower because its the only Noveske lower I could find (for a while now...) and I'm deployed so I have to have all my firearms ducks in a row for when I come home on leave (which means having a few items sitting at the FFL waiting for me to ensure they are available).

That said...in 10 years....I wont care that I paid an extra 100 dollars for a Noveske Lower. It was worth the peace of mind of having another lower in case of...unforeseen legislation. If it happens, not that there is any difference due to the market/availability, I cant exactly run out and buy a few guns as I said...I'm deployed. Also I already have two Noveske Uppers and a clone .22 upper (built to the same specs as my VTAC Noveske upper) so another Noveske lower just made sense ;)

I think that the one thing that is certain about John Noveske is...the reason his lowers are so hard to come by is he doesn't subcontract to just anyone. I am certain whatever lower I get is not due solely to availability of contract, but because they are quality and properly in-spec. That iron cross on the side gives me confidence.

Army Chief
04-06-09, 11:35
... in 10 years, I wont care that I paid an extra 100 dollars for a Noveske Lower.

I find wisdom in these words; especially considering that these lowers may no longer be available at any price 10 years from now.

AC

rob_s
04-06-09, 11:38
I get really tired of hearing about "gouging". Rainier has a right to charge whatever they want, and customers have a right to guy or not.

I have a Noveske stripped lower, and one from KAC as well. Anyone wants to offer me $800 for them I'd be stupid not to take them up on it. Hell, at this point I'd take the same amount of money in ammo. :(

RadioActivity
04-06-09, 11:55
A KAC lower?

Do tell....

rob_s
04-06-09, 13:17
A KAC lower?

Do tell....

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q111/rob_s/gun%20stuff/KACLOWER.jpg

Irish
04-06-09, 13:23
LOVE THOSE TACTICAL NINJA BADASS GLOVES ROB!!! :cool:

darrendeep6
04-06-09, 16:04
Sad to see Rainier involved in the gouging.

I've read the responses since my post and I'm going to retract what I said. Its not Rainier's fault for the current craziness. It's the law of supply and demand, pure and simple. I'm glad I purchased everything gun related just before the election. My Discover card just started to cool down. :D

Kimbo
04-06-09, 16:07
Gun stores got bills to pay too. In a perfect world you could buy something under dealer cost, but that won't happen. My mentality is get what you can now, better safe than sorry. Hence why I bought the lower from Rainier, which is financially better for me than trying to bid on gunbroker.com YMMV

gt5966b
04-06-09, 21:59
lanworld had noveske lowers in stock about a year ago. i had no builds planned, but I bought 3 anyhow haha

Got a little story from Lanworld myself... I ordered a Noveske lower in Oct 08 at a cost of about $180. They were, of course, on backorder at that point. Didn't stop them from charging my credit card though.

30 calls and 4 months later (late Feb) i get a call from them to tell me that the good news is that my lower is in. ...the bad news is that Noveske is telling them that they cannot sell them below a cost of about $260. So they 'had to' charge me an incremental $80. I could have walked away from it, but I'd already waited that long.

I know that $260 isn't much to pay for a Noveske these days, but i still feel like i was taken advantage of (between being charged, waiting and then being charged again).

jakjakman
04-07-09, 10:16
It's my understanding that there are only a handful of factories that do forgings for lowers, uppers, etc. All forged lowers come from these few companies, regardless of brand. Anyone know which company does Noveske's lowers, and if any other brands are made from the same company?

Iraqgunz
04-07-09, 10:30
Wow and to think that my Noveske N4 lower was only 135.00 in September 2008. And the Charles Daily Defense lower was like 150.00 just a couple of months ago.

1SFG
04-07-09, 10:36
I must be stupid, because I'm not seeing how this makes any sense. Companies are taking advantage of people and I've seen all sorts of BS justifications, to include "if a ban goes through, my business will cease to exist so I have to gouge you while I can." When things settle down, I hope consumers will remember the companies who stood by the shooting community, particularly in an all-around bad economic environment, and shit on those who have done nothing but take advantage of the community because of a perceived threat. F'ing thieves.

Got a little story from Lanworld myself... I ordered a Noveske lower in Oct 08 at a cost of about $180. They were, of course, on backorder at that point. Didn't stop them from charging my credit card though.

30 calls and 4 months later (late Feb) i get a call from them to tell me that the good news is that my lower is in. ...the bad news is that Noveske is telling them that they cannot sell them below a cost of about $260. So they 'had to' charge me an incremental $80. I could have walked away from it, but I'd already waited that long.

I know that $260 isn't much to pay for a Noveske these days, but i still feel like i was taken advantage of (between being charged, waiting and then being charged again).

rob_s
04-07-09, 10:39
I must be stupid, because I'm not seeing how this makes any sense. Companies are taking advantage of people and I've seen all sorts of BS justifications, to include "if a ban goes through, my business will cease to exist so I have to gouge you while I can." When things settle down, I hope consumers will remember the companies who stood by the shooting community, particularly in an all-around bad economic environment, and shit on those who have done nothing but take advantage of the community because of a perceived threat. F'ing thieves.

This is ridiculous. See the word highlighted in red above. They are running a business. To make money. Not to make friends, to make money.

How the hell can anyone be against someone else making money when/how they can within the bounds of the law. We're no talking some Madoff Ponzi scheme or whatever, we're talking about a business that deals in a commodity that is currently in high demand.

It's the American way for chrissakes.

markm
04-07-09, 11:12

That's HORSE SHIT! They back ordered you at a price.

IPSC_GUY
04-07-09, 13:36
That's HORSE SHIT! They back ordered you at a price.

I agree, I SERIOUSLY doubt Noveske told ANYONE that they had to charge a Minimum price... Yep total Horse SHIT ! ! !

Just for amusements sake I would call Noveske and ask if that were true but I bet it isn't.

Now that being said I own Noveske lowers and IMHO the fit and finish on them is somewhat better than most and I had a really hard time buying the ones I did for $180.00 last year. BUT I am glad I have them and would not part with them at this point.

The price on everything has increased... Supply and demand. Wretched WORLD! ! !

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA