PDA

View Full Version : Spikes Upper Receiver

seek44
03-31-09, 11:46
How are these?

building a recce with precision in mind.
Patience is killing me waiting on other uppers.

Any thoughts on spikes upper receivers???

Magsz
03-31-09, 13:03
They're put together fairly well from decent components.

What are you looking at specifically?

I was considering one of their midlength uppers but decided against it since it was a 1:9 twist.

seek44
03-31-09, 13:17
They're put together fairly well from decent components.

What are you looking at specifically?

I was considering one of their midlength uppers but decided against it since it was a 1:9 twist.

I already have a WOA 16" barrel, Young NM BCG, DD Lite Rail..and other small parts along with a lower.

I am building my own, I am just looking for suggestions/opinions on just the upper receiver.

Magsz
03-31-09, 15:06
Oi, sorry for misinterpreting the intent of the original post.

My apologies for crapping on your thread.

seek44
03-31-09, 15:08
Nah Magsz.. i appreciate the info.
I am looking for anything that has to do with spikes products.

Mr.Goodtimes
03-31-09, 15:34
I have a spikes Complete Upper that i put on a CMMG lower, im very impressed with the upper, very good quality. and it shoots very good.

geeded
03-31-09, 21:32
I have a spikes Complete Upper that i put on a CMMG lower, im very impressed with the upper, very good quality. and it shoots well.

+1

I bought one of the middies when they had them in stock. The receiver is very well finished (very, very nice) and the Sabre barrel speaks for itself. Their BCG is parked to match the receiver, shrouded firing pin, nicely done.

The barrel is 1/9 but that'll shoot anything that I normally use. If I decide to go way heavy, I have 1/7 also. I was very pleased and it is a middie (my fave).